Week 8 Bills (-1.5) vs Eagles

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

It will be interesting.  Their weaknesses are the two things we keep wanting to see... consistent pressure on the QB and the ability for Josh to hit guys deep. 

We saw relentless pressure on Mariota from our defense, but Fitz seemed to do whatever he wanted Sunday behind a worse OL.

Frazier gives too much respect to veteran QBs and those who have had some success. Id bet he maintains this approach this week vs Wentz, to the detriment of the Bills defense. Wentz should be pressured relentlessly with creative rushes , not necessarily blitzes. A passive approach will backfire a la Fitz. 

1 hour ago, buffaloaggie said:

Speaking of blitz heavy, you know Allen will see plenty of blitzes from Schwartz. Schwartz typically holds a grudge against former teams. As far as our blitzing goes, if we blitz, we need a spy. Fitz made us pay with that last TD, and that was just normal pressure. Wentz will still take off running, despite his injury history. Can't ever let an NFL QB get comfortable. Eagles are lower to middle of the pack in sacks allowed.

schwartz doesnt usually blitz though with his 9 wide D does he? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

schwartz doesnt usually blitz though with his 9 wide D does he? 

I think he's pretty much the bottom of the league every year in blitz percentage.  He wants to beat you with his front 4...sort of like us now.

When you don't have the horses up front, you get picked apart.  That's basically what's happening now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Outside of NE, this is the hardest game we’ve had to date. I know Philly’s record isn’t the greatest, but they’ve got a ton of talent and are desperate for a win. We need Milano back and have to get back to our pre-bye defense. I almost wish they’d bring in Milano insurance like a Deone Bucannon or Zach Brown. Although, Brown probably isn’t process enough for them. 

I’m glad this is a HOME game , 

If our OL steps up and gives Josh a little time in the pocket I believe this could be Allen’s best passing game of his young career 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think he's pretty much the bottom of the league every year in blitz percentage.  He wants to beat you with his front 4...sort of like us now.

When you don't have the horses up front, you get picked apart.  That's basically what's happening now.

yea thats what I thought...thanks

Key to the game could likely be how the front four of each team does (and the other teams offensive line) 

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Always learn some interesting tidbits from these.  McD's HS was the inexplicably named 'Lasalle College High School' and DB coach Butler went to the same HS.  Looks like Butler is a couple years older - assume they knew each other from HS(?)

Also didn't realize Poyer was drafted by Eagles

• Like (+1) 1

offensively:

- give Allen a clean pocket

- no drive killing penalties, drops or turnovers

defensively:

- create a one dimension offense 
- make the WRs beat us 

I hope to see a lot of man coverage will some aggressive stunts/blitzes. if they can do these things, I feel confident in their chances 

People viewed Miami as a statement type game, in the sense of Josh getting big numbers and us scoring lots of points. I actually see this as more of a possible statement game.

The Eagles have struggled lately but with the talent and the fact that they're perceived as SB contenders by many, if the Bills can beat them comfortably there will be a LOT of folks jumping on the Bills bandwagon after.

Of course if they get hosed people will just say "yeah, second talented team they've played and they lose again"

On 10/21/2019 at 7:10 AM, YoloinOhio said:
I don’t know how many of you are religious but those who partake please say a prayer that Milano’s hammy allows him to play in this game. I think his absence yesterday was very evident in many places - covering the TE, run D etc. 

i'm praying that they have enough sense to put foster opposite brown. they have a good chance to put up big plays right off the bat against philly. time to quit playing from behind.

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

offensively:

- give Allen a clean pocket

- no drive killing penalties, drops or turnovers

defensively:

- create a one dimension offense 
- make the WRs beat us 

I hope to see a lot of man coverage will some aggressive stunts/blitzes. if they can do these things, I feel confident in their chances 

don't hold your breath....

8 minutes ago, Albwan said:

I'm very skeptical of a Bills win this week...Philly is going to come out on fire...

NFC is stacked, 3-5 might do them in.

If they didn’t come out on fire in a division game with first place on the line, I’m not sure the Bills will give them that motivation. While the Bills don’t have the Cowboys roster, they’re capable of beating the Eagles at home. The game will come down to matchups and execution like most do, not some newly discovered inspiration by one team or the other. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Wow, what a surprising stat. A complete 180 from last year. Last year, he lived in the mid to long range areas but this year he's struggled there. We saw he can do it, so I'm not sure why he's been off? Maybe he's been so focused on developing his short game that he's lost his touch on the long ball? Odd

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Albwan said:

I'm very skeptical of a Bills win this week...Philly is going to come out on fire...

NFC is stacked, 3-5 might do them in.

I’m not sure they are capable of coming out on fire unless they do a complete 360.. Wentz just isn’t playing well at all.  

I'm sorry, but if Kirk Cousins and Dak Prescott can rip this Philadelphia team to shreds, so can Josh Allen, easily.

The dumb pre-snap penalties need to stop though.

But like I ALWAYS say, this NFL thing is so week to week that none of us have any idea what to expect.

If I am a player, I am deeply offended that a 3-4 severely flawed NFC team is coming into my house and the game is almost a pick-em. That would bother me.

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I'm sorry, but if Kirk Cousins and Dak Prescott can rip this Philadelphia team to shreds, so can Josh Allen, easily.

The dumb pre-snap penalties need to stop though.

But like I ALWAYS say, this NFL thing is so week to week that none of us have any idea what to expect.

If I am a player, I am deeply offended that a 3-4 severely flawed NFC team is coming into my house and the game is almost a pick-em. That would bother me.

Yeah but at the same time we're coming off of a tight game with a team that was a 17-point underdog.

Just now, Big C said:

Yeah but at the same time we're coming off of a tight game with a team that was a 17-point underdog.

Like I said, it's week to week.

How many times have the Pats beat a bad Bills team, BARELY, during their 19-year run? Quite a few times.

It really is just a matter of winning games.

I know we were all upset during and right after the game that the Bills had to sweat out a game against a semi-pro team, but after a few days to think about it...........

a win is all that matters. End of story.

10 minutes ago, Big C said:

that game is behind them as well as the spread. I'm sure they're looking ahead and preparing for the eaglets and not back at a game they won!

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

23 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I read recently that most betting on the game picked Philly to win.  By the end of the week the Bill's will be underdogs by a point or two.

The big money is going on Philly, but the average Joe's are betting the Bills. I HATE that.