Brady Wants to Clear Out the Stadium

H2o

Reporter  “How much do you enjoy playing in an environment like that where they’re just focused on you and you’re just trying to ruin all their hopes and dreams?”

Brady: “Yeah, when you go on the road in the NFL, you’ve got to get used to that because that’s a lot of what that’s about,” Brady said in response (apparently, the ruin-the-hopes-and-dreams question worked). “You go in there with however many guys — 46 active, five or six other guys, your coaches, a few fans in the crowd — but I think it’s always gratifying when you go in there and then by the end of the game, you look up and there’s only Patriots fans left. I always think that’s pretty cool."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/26/tom-brady-looks-forward-to-thinning-the-herd-in-buffalo/

I hope we stick it to them this weekend, I mean dominate all facets of the game so his ears are ringing when he gets home from all of the crowd noise. Nothing is sweeter than the dejected look Tommy Boy gets when his team is on the losing end. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

1 hour ago, DefenseWins said:

Time to get your "One-eyed Identified Flying Objects" out guys and gals!

Look, if we ever have a week where the Pegulas and New ERA are going to do a Tom Brady Commemorative Di**o giveaway to the first 15,000 fans...

...I'm a...well, I'm just thinking this is the week.

...and the only sure bet is abstinence...which this sorta goes a long way towards achieving...no pun intended.

15 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm pretty sure every QB feels that way when playing on the road.  This is news of some kind?

I believe they also asked him whether it was fun to win on the road, too.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

You guys are funny.  You have to respect the man.  He's the best to ever play.  If Allen said the same thing, we would all be praising him!

No. That’s not true. If Josh Allen said “I’d go to war for you guys!” we would love it. If Mussolini said it, not so much. 

• Haha (+1) 6

1 hour ago, eball said:

I'm pretty sure every QB feels that way when playing on the road.  This is news of some kind?

Right. To anyone who’s been paying attention ( and a lot of us have) , this is just the same regurgitated line from years past when that question is inevitably asked. Old news, probably the same thing any QB wants to do on the road so big deal. Has zero impact on this week and it’s drivel coming from Marcia or any other player. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

The Buffalo Bills have been Brady's B word for nearly 20 years and he has more wins, stats against the Bills over any other NFL team...It's no wonder he loves to play in Buffalo to silence the crowd and build his stats.

It's time this changed!! Hopefully that Buffalo defense that played so well last season in week 16 shows up again and shuts him down. Only the run defense improves!   

Brady went 13 of 24 for 125 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT in that game. It was the Patriots run game that beat the Bills that day with Sony Michelle going 18 for 116, 1 TD. Overall the Patriots ran it down the bills throats with 47 rushes for 273 yards, 2 TDs. 

GO Bills! 

On another note, Josh Allen went 20 of 41 for 2017 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT in that week 16 game last year.  I hope they don't ask Allen to throw it 41 times this upcoming game! 

9 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

The Buffalo Bills have been Brady's B word for nearly 20 years and he has more wins, stats against the Bills over any other NFL team...It's no wonder he loves to play in Buffalo to silence the crowd and build his stats.

It's time this changed!! Hopefully that Buffalo defense that played so well last season in week 16 shows up again and shuts him down. Only the run defense improves!   

Brady went 13 of 24 for 125 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT in that game. It was the Patriots run game that beat the Bills that day with Sony Michelle going 18 for 116, 1 TD. Overall the Patriots ran it down the bills throats with 47 rushes for 273 yards, 2 TDs. 

GO Bills! 

On another note, Josh Allen went 20 of 41 for 2017 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT in that week 16 game last year.  I hope they don't ask Allen to throw it 41 times this upcoming game! 

We had zero run game in that game and last year, plus were playing from behind, often two scores a lot of that game. Josh made some bad passes but had numerous drops as well. 

17 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

We had zero run game in that game and last year, plus were playing from behind, often two scores a lot of that game. Josh made some bad passes but had numerous drops as well. 

We started that running back FORD that game. That’s says it all regarding the running game.

• Like (+1) 1

I suspect it won't empty out so quickly on Sunday, even if the Patriots get an early lead. I seriously doubt the fans will give up that easily. They'll see this one through to the end and keep cheering no matter what. That's because they want the players to emulate that effort.

Close concessions at start of 2nd half. I was stuck in a line til 4 mins left in 3rd qtr because my wife was hungry. There were thousands of others still in the tunnel too. We loose are 12th man advantage when everyone trying to stuff their faces and their just isn't enough time to get it done.. ? Were going to have to stay loud in this one. Go Bills!

7 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I liked it when NE "fans" left the game as soon as Brady got hurt in 2008.

Like, immediately left in the first half.

He must have gotten that idea by watching Patriots games pre-2000. Except instead of the end of the game, it was the start of the game and no one was there. 

8 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

It is time we turn the tables. Control the clock, pressure Brady up the middle, do not take dumb penalties. He will look to get the ball out quick as usual- take his passing lanes away.

It was time for doing that a decade ago.

The trick is actually doing it.

SO, just thinking outside the box,  what if 60,000 people brought laser pointers ?

They really should make the Bills Pats home game a free laser pointer day

Edited by ddaryl