The Brownies are in trouble...

eball

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

true, BUT, you can also make extremely strong arguments for the Bills winning 5 of those 7.  (The only two that I’ve pretty much given up on in my mind already are @DAL and @NE).

Totally agree. We could win 12 games. I’m just going off of the last two years and the first 3 games. We’ve had some blow outs the last two years, and squeaked by some bad teams. We are only a few plays away from heading into NE 1-2.  But we did find a way to win which can’t be discounted. Well know more through the middle of the season. 

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Was Baker responsible for the 4th and 9 draw call?

WOW.  This is big.  While back-handedly "supporting" his coach in the postgame presser, he was actually throwing him directly under the bus.  And he knew that he audibled out of another play.  LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

WOW.  This is big.  While back-handedly "supporting" his coach in the postgame presser, he was actually throwing him directly under the bus.  And he knew that he audibled out of another play.  LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Douchebags gonna douchebag.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

If this is true, and I truly hope that it is, that team is a pressure cooker waiting to pop... we gotta hope old blow -ob starts whining to add a bit more heat... ?

Just now, zow2 said:

Josh could play 20 straight games in Baltimore and he wouldn’t throw for 342 yds in any of them.  Not with his abilities, our offense or receivers 

Against the D the Ravens fielded today with all their injuries....yes with Chubb as his RB and Landry and OBJ yes he could.  

I thought Lamarr Jackson was the 2nd coming?  

My favorite part of this game was down 3 scores with a minute or so left the Ravens left the whole O on the field to pad Jackson's stats.  

Every week in the NFL is a different season.

Spending it trying to prove how "right" you think you are about some team's or players must be exhausting.  

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Just another case of throwing dirt on a teams grave way too early.

They are now in first place.

In the worst division in football. A

I don't think they're that good. Ravens are extremely overrated.

I think Cincy can win that division. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

In the worst division in football. A

I don't think they're that good. Ravens are extremely overrated.

I think Cincy can win that division. 

Point is, we shouldn’t be burying teams too early.

And it’s hard to believe that in week four of an NFL season that the Bills are the only team in the AFC with one loss in the L column. Weird

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Point is, we shouldn’t be burying teams too early.

And it’s hard to believe that in week four of an NFL season that the Bills are the only team in the AFC with one loss in the L column. Weird

I know. Very strange. NE,KC and Buf are the only AFC teams above.500

It's also a strange feeling looking at the AFC and struggling to find teams that would whoop us. We're one of the best in the conference. 4-1 going into the bye would be great. Followed by 3 straight at home...

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

I know. Very strange. NE,KC and Buf are the only AFC teams above.500

It's also a strange feeling looking at the AFC and struggling to find teams that would whoop us. We're one of the best in the conference. 4-1 going into the bye would be great. Followed by 3 straight at home...

The Bills need to clean up their mistakes.

It should have been expected when basically you have an entirely new starting lineup.

However, the O needs to pick up its end of the bargain or it’ll be another playoff-less season for the Bills.

The Browns are lucky to be in their division though as it looks like nobody is going to run away like NE is in the East.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Bills need to clean up their mistakes.

It should have been expected when basically you have an entirely new starting lineup.

However, the O needs to pick up its end of the bargain or it’ll be another playoff-less season for the Bills.

The Browns are lucky to be in their division though as it looks like nobody is going to run away like NE is in the East.

NE isn't running away with anything.in their first test against legitimate competition, they looked pedestrian on offense. I concede nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

NE isn't running away with anything.in their first test against legitimate competition, they looked pedestrian on offense. I concede nothing.

The Bills offense wasn't any better. Unless they start putting up points consistently, the Bills aren't going to win a lot of games. Allen is starting to look less and less like the franchise. 

13 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

The Bills offense wasn't any better. Unless they start putting up points consistently, the Bills aren't going to win a lot of games. Allen is starting to look less and less like the franchise. 

3-1.

So yeah, you're wrong.

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

3 wins against 3 bad teams. Their first real competition and Allen and the offense folded. 

Scored the same number of points on offense as the Patriots. Lost because of completely horrible ST play.

But whatever, you're gonna see what you want to see, and you WANT to see this offense fail because you've never liked the Allen pick.

So again, not wasting any time on you, tool.

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dopey said:

Cuz I want to lighten up the mood here today. Enjoy guys!

WTH?!?! Baker...

image.thumb.png.67b22e01e4fdc8b15877b929527ab9dd.png

Funny how Kitchens and Daboll both like to run a lot of stupid gadget plays, motions etc and both young QBs are struggling. Baker more so than Allen but still... both teams would benefit having real NFL coordinators. That play with Baker was just an absolutely terrible play design.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Luka said:

Funny how Kitchens and Daboll both like to run a lot of stupid gadget plays, motions etc and both young QBs are struggling. Baker more so than Allen but still... both teams would benefit having real NFL coordinators. That play with Baker was just an absolutely terrible play design.

Actually lots of pre snap movement is the way the NFL is going for misdirection

Daboll doesn't do it enough. He runs McKenzie on a jet sweep 2-3 times a game successfully, then doesn't do it for 2 games and hardly does play fakes off it

He could be doing way more backsides motions to try and get defenses moving 1 way pre snap then hit them the opposite

They already have to watch for the sweep so motion him and do something backside..  Daboll just runs it like a HS OC not an NFL one

It keeps defenses on their toes

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Yep, it’s hard to make the playoffs. I wish we could’ve made a few moves for a playoff push. 

The Brown are just a horribly run organization, OBJ has to be so happy right now.

Clean it up and execute. No moves needed. The playoffs are already being pushed for. 

13 minutes ago, Luka said:

It’s pretty much the entire NFL and not just Kitchens and Daboll.

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Daboll doesn't do it enough. He runs McKenzie on a jet sweep 2-3 times a game successfully, then doesn't do it for 2 games

He could be doing way more backsides motions to try and get defenses moving 1 way pre snap then hit them the opposite

They already have to watch for the sweep so motion him and do something backside..  Daboll just runs it like a HS OC not an NFL one

I personally think he does it too much because you have to actually run the real play for the fake to work. 9 times out of 10 it's just window dressing that slows down the development of the play. I don't think the Eagles committed to the motion a single time. Now if we actually handed the ball off on jet sweeps more than once a game, threw a screen to the guy in motion etc. with more consistency then I'd be fine with it. But as it stands, I think his tendencies are showing on film and that's why the Eagles weren't buying it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Daboll doesn't do it enough. He runs McKenzie on a jet sweep 2-3 times a game successfully, then doesn't do it for 2 games and hardly does play fakes off it

I said this in another thread, but I think Daboll might get too caught up in the "chess match" from game to game. His offensive philosophy is that he wants to be able to operate a  number of different styles/systems based on who they play. But I think he gets away from their "money" plays, you know, things they execute really well. I also think he kinda gets a little too smartypants at times and looks for the exact perfect opportunity to run certain plays. That's part of the game, of course, but sometimes things don't line up exactly how you'd like, doesn't mean you can't run the play. It feels like he's trying to show different things week to week but hasn't been creative enough to really disguise what they're doing. Like, one week they're a team running five-wide sets and tons of pre-snap motion, the next week they're like, "Just line up, snap it and run straight!" no movement, not a lot of creativity, etc. 

McDermott didn't outright say it but he certainly alluded to the fact that he probably had a not-so-fun conversation with Daboll on Monday morning. Hopefully he told him to use the plays/players that have been shown to be effective on a consistent basis and then expand on that stuff. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yeh some teams have been doing it for couple years now, Pats and Rams come to mind. The sweep motion is cool once they realized the forward toss is a pass and not a handoff so now way more viable as playfake

5 minutes ago, Luka said:

I personally think he does it too much because you have to actually run the real play for the fake to work. 9 times out of 10 it's just window dressing that slows down the development of the play. I don't think the Eagles committed to the motion a single time. Now if we actually handed the ball off on jet sweeps more than once a game, threw a screen to the guy in motion etc. with more consistency then I'd be fine with it. But as it stands, I think his tendencies are showing on film and that's why the Eagles weren't buying it.

I don't think we ran much jet sweep motion vs the eagles. Maybe a few plays but I don't recall off my head

McKenzie didn't even play

And yes you're right, you need to have a full list of plays of it. That's where you can disguise what your doing

We don't do much of that, it's elementary

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Clean it up and execute. No moves needed. The playoffs are already being pushed for. 

I agree, I’m glad we have a lot of draft picks and FA to improve. I was hoping for a slight boost to the DT and WR positions but the price must have been to high.