The Brownies are in trouble...

eball

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Odell Beckham.

Period.

And Landry. And Chubb. And a very good defense which almost won it for them last night if the offensive play calling wasn't so bad.

Frankly, I was convinced they'd be a sleeper team this year, but I didn't know enough about Kitchens to factor that in.

Part of me feels for Browns fans.  At the same time I've seen them taking shots at Josh Allen all offseason long.  So it's hard to say they deserve this, but they way they pumped up this team they do.  They didn't beat a single playoff team in their run to end last season, will likely start 1-6 playing most all the playoff teams they'll see, then finish the year on a 6-3 run against subpar competition and get pumped up all offseason all over again.

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

And Landry. And Chubb. And a very good defense which almost won it for them last night if the offensive play calling wasn't so bad.

Frankly, I was convinced they'd be a sleeper team this year, but I didn't know enough about Kitchens to factor that in.

Landry is badly overrated IMO.  He was in a scheme designed for him to shine in Miami, ie the same scheme that made Crowder look like a world beater week 1.  He can't make any plays down the field and best case is a much more hyped, much worse version of Edelman.

That offense is Odell and Chubb and that's it.  They ignored the oline (they cut their LT before the season and no team stepped in to try to sway him while he was free, which says all you need to know).  All flash and zero substance with huge personalities the coach won't be able to control if they don't turn it around QUICK.

26 minutes ago, KGun12TD said:

When you have a bunch of DBags talking too much about how great they're going to be...this is what you get. I hate their QB as well.

it’s balanced by Bills fans on here  telling me the Pats haven’t done enough to get the benefit of the doubt

Probably the same dooshes

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

I do like Baker as a personality and a person. It’s not his fault he’s been dubbed by the media and the idiot football “genius’s” that he would be the 2nd coming. 

But it I do really like his personality and his commercials. The ones about getting his house in order are awesome. 

I’m looking forward to Allen’s February Disney endorsement, myself. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Sweats said:

Don’t know why they’re getting so many Prime time games.....they’re still the same ole Browns

Baker was supposed to be the poster boy of the next great QB, toss in they have guys like Beckham and Myles Garrett. On paper they have as much talent as you'd want except maybe Baker's not reaching his full potential or he just played better last year as teams didn't have enough film on him and/or his HC is a better OC. 

6 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Landry is badly overrated IMO.  He was in a scheme designed for him to shine in Miami, ie the same scheme that made Crowder look like a world beater week 1.  He can't make any plays down the field and best case is a much more hyped, much worse version of Edelman.

That offense is Odell and Chubb and that's it.  They ignored the oline (they cut their LT before the season and no team stepped in to try to sway him while he was free, which says all you need to know).  All flash and zero substance with huge personalities the coach won't be able to control if they don't turn it around QUICK.

They cut Robinson for a day, and he knew they would re-sign him. He isn't great, probably average at best, but the league as a whole is short on tackles. Cutting him allowed them to IR a player who otherwise would have had to go through waivers 1st.

Just now, cle23 said:

They cut Robinson for a day, and he knew they would re-sign him. He isn't great, probably average at best, but the league as a whole is short on tackles. Cutting him allowed them to IR a player who otherwise would have had to go through waivers 1st.

Yes.  And no team stepped in to try to beat their offer on Robinson.  You'd think in a league short on tackles if a starting caliber one hits the streets someone would at least make a competitive offer.  Maybe the player / agent told other teams not to bother, but that seems like bad business.

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Baker was supposed to be the poster boy of the next great QB, toss in they have guys like Beckham and Myles Garrett. On paper they have as much talent as you'd want except maybe Baker's not reaching his full potential or he just played better last year as teams didn't have enough film on him and/or his HC is a better OC. 

It’s their HC. Kitchens is a joke. I really want Baker to succeed. I like him. But he won’t be any good with that idiot for HC. 

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Anyone paying attention this offseason could have told you they were going to struggle.

No Oline to speak of and a rookie HC? I thought playoffs were possible with all that talent, but i thought people betting them to win the SB was laughably optimistic  

I got that vibe from their joint practices with Colts.  Seemed to be lots of fights caused by the Browns after they struggled in the practices.  Kitchens came with the "we won't back down and will impose our will" takes.  That seemed like a total abdication from "don't be dumb, don't be dirty" thinking that a head coach should promote.  Too much attititude at the expense of discipline doesn't earn anyone much in life.   

• Like (+1) 3