The Brownies are in trouble...

eball

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I didn’t understand the hype. Their O-Line, LBs and secondary outside of ward aren’t that good. 

Their whole starting secondary was out last night. I think Ward is good but he is not being utilized well in Wilkes D. He runs a zone D and Ward is best in man. 

After all of this though all they need to do is beat the Ravens this week and they will be atop the AFC north. They have their whole season ahead of them even though their schedule is tough coming up. But I don’t trust a coaching matchup between John Harbaugh and Freddie Kitchens. Baker didn’t play well vs their D last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I thought you were the big Baker booster?

No I was a wrong Josher. If anyone was my guy it was Rosen. My thoughts on the 2018 QBs then, now and going forward were all laid out in a thread last week. You will be glad to know I had Josh Allen as now the most likely to be a future Franchise QB. It will tickle your homer gene. 

My only defense of Baker is to say the coaching in Cleveland is a much bigger problem than the Quarterbacking. I never said that here with Josh last year because what I have always been is the big McDermott booster. I was campaigning for him to get this job a year before the fat man was fired. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Their whole starting secondary was out last night. I think Ward is good but he is not being utilized well in Wilkes D. He runs a zone D and Ward is best in man. 

I meant their starting secondary. Williams, Randall, Burnett, Ward. Was talking about the Super Bowl hype before the season. 

I agree with you on Ward and you can say the same about Greedy. Both are better in man.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The whole reason he got the job was because of mayfield. It’s bizarre. I just don’t think he’s ready to handle HC and the offense, so he’s letting Todd monken handle a lot, which is impacting things. 

There are some guys who are GREAT coordinators, but terrible head coaches. For whatever reason, they're just not good at managing all of the things that come with being a HC - the biggest thing being managing the people.

We've seen plenty here. i.e. Rex Ryan. Leslie Frazier. Dick Jauron. Hell, you could even throw Adam Gase into that (although the one year that made him a "hot" candidate for HC, was coaching Peyton freaking Manning).

I, for one, am happy that we have one that was a great coordinator AND a great Head Coach.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

After all of this though all they need to do is beat the Ravens this week and they will be atop the AFC north. They have their whole season ahead of them even though their schedule is tough coming up. But I don’t trust a coaching matchup between John Harbaugh and Freddie Kitchens. Baker didn’t play well vs their D last year. 

Somehow maybe (with the weakest schedule ever) the Cravens are still "looking impressive".  

11 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Baker on the year, 57% completions, 3TD, 5INTS, 805 yards. Poor coaching? Or player regression? 

or

over hype in a unique 2018 season? 

• Like (+1) 1

Fans were baffled. According to ESPN research, there has never been a draw called on a 4th and 9 or more since 2007.

NFL Hall of Famer and FS1 “First Things First” co-host Chris Carter pointed this out Monday morning, questioning Kitchens’ play call.

“I hadn’t seen in all my years of watching, since I coached little league, on fourth down I’m getting ready to run a draw on 4th and 9 and I’m gonna pick it up,” said Carter. “If I put the ball in the air there is a chance I can get pass interference. Once you decide to run, you negate all that…In that situation, it’s very, very tough.”

No shite! HC of the Clowns... looking like random sunburnt, homeless guy- out of his depth.

Plus at Home, his team had 3 FS penalties & 3 motion. Inexcusable!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transient said:

Yes, but did you know Hulu has live sports?

58 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's the problem. He still hasn't bought his line camo jet skis.

I do like Baker as a personality and a person. It’s not his fault he’s been dubbed by the media and the idiot football “genius’s” that he would be the 2nd coming. 

But it I do really like his personality and his commercials. The ones about getting his house in order are awesome. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

By losing two of their first three they've put themselves in a real tough spot...four of the next five are on the road (@BAL, @SF, SEA, @NE***, @DEN).  By the time they catch a "break" playing the Broncos they might already be out of it at 1-6.  Wow.

The Brownies were in trouble when they promoted Kitchens to HC.  He is horrible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1