The Brownies are in trouble...

eball

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s funny. I don’t have a dog in the fight (no pun intended) because I neither like nor dislike the Browns but living here and listening to the homer media all offseason has been nauseating especially when they constantly put down josh Allen and crow about baker. The main thing they always go back to is accuracy. Mind you I’m pretty sure they’ve never actually watched him play  but whatever. Baker is “incredibly accurate. Pinpoint accurate” they say over and over while making their plans to go to canton for his HOF speech. Every Thursday when they pick the games, they pick the Bills to lose simply because “I just don’t believe in josh Allen. He’s just not accurate.” They never say anything but that. Apparently he’s the only player on the team but I digress. Yet I’m constantly watching baker throw the ball haphazardly in the direction of no one. At least they could take off the homer glasses for a second. 

They do the same thing with Lamar Jackson too btw. “He’s a gimmick. He won’t last. It’s not sustainable. Baker is Drew Brees.”

Maybe he is the most accurate QB to ever play the game. Maybe every single one of his throws go to the exactly spot that he intended to throw it to and it's everyone else that aren't where they should be?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Sweats said:

Don’t know why they’re getting so many Prime time games.....they’re still the same ole Browns

The league was enamored by Baker Mayfield and Odell Beckham being on the same team.

Just like last year when the 49'ers got a bunch of prime time games all because they signed Jimmy Garoppolo, not because they were a good team.

4 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

They won the offseason(s).  Drafted a QB with a huge personality, then picked up a WR with the same.  Now all they need to do is sign AB and they will have the trifecta.

Oh my god, can you imagine how bad things would get if AB went in to Cleveland to play with OBJ and Landry?  People would be all about them being the best offense ever then AB would go all AB and the melt down would be AMAZING. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't put last night on Baker, really. The Head Coach is waaaaaaaay out of his depth. He is Steve Wilks of this year. One and done. 

He showed it in the postgame presser too. Had a bit of what I'd consider a meltdown on the press when they were asking him basic, thought-process questions.

Just on the postgame alone, it seemed he isnt cut out for the job.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I think Browns fans would be saying the same thing if we had to face that Rams D. Losing by 7 to them while they had the ball at the 5 yard line in the end is hardly a red flag and shows how far they have come in 1 year.

What does their drubbing at home at the hands of the Titans say?

They're looking to be in a lousy place. Upcoming schedule road-heavy against TOUGH competition.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I think Browns fans would be saying the same thing if we had to face that Rams D. Losing by 7 to them while they had the ball at the 5 yard line in the end is hardly a red flag and shows how far they have come in 1 year.

They should have won the game and didn’t. That’s exactly where they were a year ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

It really is funny how a national narrative / perspective on a player can establish such deep roots that, no matter what the actual evidence may show, the player seems to be constantly judged by that narrative / perspective. We know what it is with Allen. In Mayfield's case, it has almost been the opposite: Annointed as a QB who will lead the Browns to the SB, even though, in games against good defenses, he has struggled.

37322.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

That team played better under Gregg Williams last year.

Kitchens IMO is another coordinator who's a great, bright coordinator but a mediocre coach.  As head coach, he can't focus on what he did well last year with Mayfield and play calling.

28 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I think we'd all be freaking out if Josh Allen played like Baker Mayfield has in the first 3 games.  That's really the end all, be all of this.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Jeebus, nowadays that hit on Bradshaw would be a five year ban for the defensive player.  Compensatory draft picks, too, to the QB’s team if you’re connected...?

could you imagine them calling it seriously on tape ???

NFL films GLORIFIED in this hit, got Jon Facenda to call it and the orchestra with xylophone to hype it up

some fans for that team still are touchy about it, basically cost them the 1976 season as a top dog, and a three-peat

------------------------

the Browns suck again???

actually 7-9 might take the division and a home playoff game in 2019....

but that can't quite be what i was reading about all offseason....

Just now, row_33 said:

some fans for that team still are touchy about it, basically cost them the 1976 season as a top dog, and a three-peat

I wonder if anyone had the foresight to do ‘before’ and ‘after’ interviews with Bradshaw after this hit?

Before:  “My role is to drop back, stay in protection, and wait until the receiver is clear before throwing”.

After:  “Hoo-WEE!  You ever et good fresh catched gator?!”

• Haha (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I wonder if anyone had the foresight to do ‘before’ and ‘after’ interviews with Bradshaw after this hit?

Before:  “My role is to drop back, stay in protection, and wait until the receiver is clear before throwing”.

After:  “Hoo-WEE!  You ever et good fresh catched gator?!”

i watched the game, they duct-taped Terry to a board and stretchered him off, think they dropped him a few times on the way out of the stadium

they didn't play "down on the corner" on the PA system like they did when Clark knocked McGahee out in the playoff game

I understand Terry has mellowed a bit over the years on the play.....

• Haha (+1) 1