Mutiny in Miami after Blow out Loss

Golden Goat

47 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

So very much agree, plenz.

Man, there is 400 plus yards passing, then there is 400 plus yards passing against a Seattle defense, and then there is 400 plus yards passing against a Seattle defense at home!

Plenz, it is just week one, but holy cow even if we get to 2-0 we are looking at a tough out with Cincy at home,  home against Brady, Gordon and AB, and then on the road against the Titans that took the Browns (Sports illustrated cover boys/super bowl bound Browns...?) to the wood shed.

If they beat the Giants they HAVE to beat Cincy at home because, maybe...maybe, they could be 3-2 after 5.

It’s funny to look at the schedule again after week one. Probable W’s in my book were Cinci and Titans and now I’m 50/50 on those. Pitt was a tough game and they look like hot garbage. Had Cleveland as a likely L and I’m 50/50 on that one now too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, starrymessenger said:

Jackson was always a good prospect. Those who thought he had no future at all as a passer were simply not paying attention. It was going to take time and for sure it still will but the kid is talented. Ravens did well taking him where they did to preserve the 5th year option.

Yeah, I felt Jackson was always a stronger dark horse candidate from that draft year than the experts would allow.  He looked bad in college because he needed to learn how to situationally throw a ball, I mean the guy just shotgun blasted every throw no matter the yardage.  But you could also see his ability to read the field and make good decisions.  So it's interesting to follow him and I don't believe the Ravens get rid of Flacco's experience in running an offense unless they have utmost confidence in Jackson.  

2 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Yeah, I felt Jackson was always a stronger dark horse candidate from that draft year than the experts would allow.  He looked bad in college because he needed to learn how to situationally throw a ball, I mean the guy just shotgun blasted every throw no matter the yardage.  But you could also see his ability to read the field and make good decisions.  So it's interesting to follow him and I don't believe the Ravens get rid of Flacco's experience in running an offense unless they have utmost confidence in Jackson.  

He was inconsistent as a passer at Louisville. Sometimes he would execute properly, sometimes not (no surprise) . When he did he was spot on with his accuracy. And he has plenty of arm strength. He was so other wordly running the ball that I feel not enuf credit was given in evaluations for his upside as a passer. And he probably suffered somewhat from the stigma attaching to black QBs who can run like the wind. He also didn't interview very well at the combine and made a poor decision regarding representation.

He's not going to see many pockets as quiet as the one he enjoyed yesterday and obviously he has a long ways to go, but the talent is there. IMO his class was a very good one for QBs. I think all those guys have a shot at being good.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

NE is great.

NE might win the Super Bowl again.

but jeepers creepers, they are not THAT great to do it against the old Steelers.

No, no, no...this a brand new, shiny, kind of turdy Steelers that are eventually going to have to do something different in the near future.

That doesn't necessarily mean "let's see what we can do quickly for the 38 year old QB."

WEO...is there outside chance...OUTSIDE, that the second best team in the division might be the Bengals?

Nah, the Bengals still suck.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Yep.  That's when I knew Jackson was probably for real. The Ravens are a very good organization and they weren't going to jettison a guy like Flacco unless they knew what they had in Jackson 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

One of my best friends went to Pitt for college & he has a bunch of friends that are Steeler fans.  He tells me they have been telling him all summer the Steelers are going to be a dumpster fire this year & if they were smart they would of blown the whole thing up this past offseason including getting rid of Big ben.  They said word around town is that Ben doesn't really want to play anymore, has a bunch of nagging injuries from taking a beating the last 15 years & was seriously thinking about retiring after last season until the steelers front office talked him out of it.  Take it for what it is worth but that is what his friends have told him.

Ben may have lost interest.  But their coach---all he does is grimace, shakes his head, rolls his eyes.  That was what he brought last night.

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

One of my best friends went to Pitt for college & he has a bunch of friends that are Steeler fans.  He tells me they have been telling him all summer the Steelers are going to be a dumpster fire this year & if they were smart they would of blown the whole thing up this past offseason including getting rid of Big ben.  They said word around town is that Ben doesn't really want to play anymore, has a bunch of nagging injuries from taking a beating the last 15 years & was seriously thinking about retiring after last season until the steelers front office talked him out of it.  Take it for what it is worth but that is what his friends have told him.

It sure looks like that with Roethlisberger. After the game, i was watching Deion Sanders (a blowhard but actually quite perceptive) on NFL Network, and his bold prediction was that BR won't last the season. He said he looked disinterested and also brought up the sort of retirement talk you mentioned. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ben may have lost interest.  But their coach---all he does is grimace, shakes his head, rolls his eyes.  That was what he brought last night.

Tomlin is one the most overrated coaches of the past era his success early on was more attributed to Bruce Arians scheme and dick lebeau then anything particularly great from him schematically he sounds good in locker room speeches but that's about it .

Edited by bills11
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

If Allen had a day like Lamar did yesterday many in here would have him in the Hall of Fame.

He played great and was more accurate than I thought he could ever be.  He has every right to bask in this victory.

Funny thing is, on paper Miami's offense isn't awful.  With Tunsil and Stills, they could have been competitive.

Horse turds!

True, we do have members that might read too much into it if it was Allen instead of Lamar but many including myself would have taken it as " that's what you're suppose to do to a team like that". I expect Josh to put up ridiculous numbers against that team as well and rest assured when every other competent QB gets a taste of that Miami mess they'll be padding their stats as well. 

Not saying Lamar is bad, but like Mayfield and Mahomes he fell into a real nice situation with plenty of talent. I can appreciate more what Allen is doing in B-lo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yep.  That's when I knew Jackson was probably for real. The Ravens are a very good organization and they weren't going to jettison a guy like Flacco unless they knew what they had in Jackson 

I agree, and I think they were smart too and have tailored the offence to his skill set instead of doing what many coaches would have done and tried to make him the type of QB they wanted to fit their offence.

38 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

It sure looks like that with Roethlisberger. After the game, i was watching Deion Sanders (a blowhard but actually quite perceptive) on NFL Network, and his bold prediction was that BR won't last the season. He said he looked disinterested and also brought up the sort of retirement talk you mentioned. 

I was thinking the same thing, he may end up joining Luck and retiring soon because of nagging injuries and not wanting to go through the motions anymore.

14 hours ago, H2o said:

Lamar was impressive today no doubt. I have been one of his BIGGEST detractors and even I thought to myself, "Wow, this kid looks like an NFL Franchise QB today." Deep passes were on point, he threw the ball from different angles accurately, he was going to his 2nd and a couple of 3rd reads, and he was hitting the intermediate throws. Now this was against a defense that had one of the worst performances I've ever seen, but Jackson still executed to a T. Hollywood Brown was smokin' DB's all day long and is going to do wonders for this offense if he can keep this up. Roman knows exactly how to get the most out of guys like this. That being said, I'm gonna keep the knife and fork off to the side for a while before I partake in some crow until Jackson does it against the better teams in the NFL. Miami though, they are putrid. I feel sorry for those guys. It's gonna be a LONG season. 

Yeah, it was impressive but every highlight I see is him sitting in the cleanest pocket you'll ever see throwing to guys who have 2 yards separation. Now, he still has to make those throws and you see plenty of QBs misfire in those same situations so good on him but...I'll also hold off on saying he's made huge strides just yet.

Consistency is what makes great QB play, not a game or two of WOW.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If this report is true here are the players I would be calling about... if I was the owner of any team

TE - Mike Gesicki

RB - Kenyan Drake

RB - Kalen Ballage

WR - Jakeem Grant

WR - Preston Williams

WR - Devante Parker

RG - Shaq Calhoun (Probably a hard NO from MIA Rookie)

LG - Michael Deiter (Probably another hard No)

DT - Christian Wilkins (Probably another Hard No)

LB - Raekwon McMillan

CB Xavien Howard

S - Minkah Fitzpatrick

And that is probably it.

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If this report is true here are the players I would be calling about... if I was the owner of any team

TE - Mike Gesicki

RB - Kenyan Drake

RB - Kalen Ballage

WR - Jakeem Grant

WR - Preston Williams

WR - Devante Parker

RG - Shaq Calhoun (Probably a hard NO from MIA Rookie)

LG - Michael Deiter (Probably another hard No)

DT - Christian Wilkins (Probably another Hard No)

LB - Raekwon McMillan

CB Xavien Howard

S - Minkah Fitzpatrick

And that is probably it.

How’s their punter?

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

How’s their punter?

Forgot him....

Matt Haack 25 years old http://www.nfl.com/player/matthaack/2559047/careerstats

Yes If I was the Bills I would call about trading for him.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Finished sixth in the nation with a net punting average of 42 yards. Very good ratio of punt distance to hang-time (4.21 hang time in 2016). Forced a fair catch rate of 36.4 percent and was able to keep his coverage team in good position to make plays allowing just 65 total return yards this year. Snap-to-punt time has been consistent in all three years as the starting punter. Able to avoid touchbacks. Has a booming leg that has pasted punts of 70-plus yards in each of the last two seasons.

WEAKNESSES

Has had three punts returned for touchdowns in his career. Scouts say he needs to improve consistency of distance as well as his directional punting.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Round 7-PFA

BOTTOM LINE

Left-footed punter with a field-flipping leg that can dig his team out of holes. Haack is a three-year punter who does a nice job of balancing a desire to boom the big kick with hanging the ball up for fair catches. His quality operational time and hang-time give him a chance at hearing his name called on the third day.

Edited by MAJBobby

8 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I know, I know, I know.

However, wasn't that us, to a degree, after week 1 against the Ravens last year?

lol.  Yes it was. Week 2 didn't change much. Guess we need to be concerned about the Bengals though.  Vikings win last year was out of nowhere.

Edited by FUTURIST

On 9/9/2019 at 7:14 AM, Sunshower said:

Lamar Jackson IS better than I thought he’d be. Kid is so humble and coachable, I think that was the silver lining that I overlooked. Good to see black QBs do well, pulling for him.

Obviously since the Bills drafted Josh Allen, I want him to turn out as the best QB in the class!

But I will confess to a soft spot pulling for Lamar Jackson to do well (unless playing the Bills then I hope he throws 4 INTs 2 of them pick-6).  He just seems like a "feel good" story, and like a kid who got an unreasonable amount of disrespect as a QB given the passing yardage and completion percentage improvement he showed in college and what he showed at the Combine and so forth.

• Like (+1) 1

Scanned through and didn't see these

Good leadership by their Center: "if you don't want to be here, I don't want you here"
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article234889202.html

Reports of mutiny are overstated:
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-kelly-column-20190909-2rhepyjel5ca7cjleutxu4pylu-story.html

On 9/9/2019 at 5:00 PM, dollars 2 donuts said:

Futurist, after 6 quarters of football I honestly thought the 2018 Bills were the worst team I had ever seen in my life.

After 8 quarters I think we can say Miami is the worst team every assembled.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

So we are 2-0 and play Miami twice- 4-0.  If we go 6-6 the rest of the season we are 10-6 and probably a playoff team.  We are going to win more than 6 wins outside Miami imo.  Barring major injuries, the Bills are a playoff team and scary opponent for rest of NFL

On 9/9/2019 at 11:42 AM, billsbackto81 said:

Horse turds!

True, we do have members that might read too much into it if it was Allen instead of Lamar but many including myself would have taken it as " that's what you're suppose to do to a team like that". I expect Josh to put up ridiculous numbers against that team as well and rest assured when every other competent QB gets a taste of that Miami mess they'll be padding their stats as well. 

Not saying Lamar is bad, but like Mayfield and Mahomes he fell into a real nice situation with plenty of talent. I can appreciate more what Allen is doing in B-lo.

Except I don't think McDermott would ever run the score up on an opponent like that. 30-something to 3, then it's all the backups getting playing time, mostly runs up the middle.

• Like (+1) 1