Patriots cut Russell Bodine

YoloinOhio

Dumped so soon? Didn’t have much to tell them that they didn’t already know it seems, got a draft pick out of it anyways. 

Go Bills!!!

Just now, GunnerBill said:

What is less well known is Beane (aka the Almighty Wizard) inserted a clause into the trade that if the Patriots cut him before week 1 the Bills don't just get a 6th round pick but the Patriots next 8 first round picks. True fact. 

Foiled again!

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Belichick doesn’t need intel from  Bodine to beat the Bills unfortunately 

Not to just beat the Bills in 2019 but to beat Josh Allen or Sean McDermott every time he plays them. Every bit of information is useful to Belichick.  Bodine was never going to make the team, he wanted to know everything about Allen from his center

Edited by uticaclub
  • Haha (+1) 1

No great surprise really. While Belichik might glean a nugget or two from Bodine, I don't think that truly was the object of the exercise. I think it was a reaction to losing Andrews, that meant they were in need of finding an adequate starter in a hurry, and gave us the pick to ensure they could look at him.

Neither Bengals fans, nor ourselves, have been very impressed with Bodine, so it comes as little surprise that BB wouldn't be either. He might know a bit more than we do, methinks.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Please, someone tell me how many starters on o-line from last year aren't even on NFL teams anymore, let alone not starting for their new team?  This is excluding someone like Teller who kept right up final cut downs, and then got something for him.

Miller may be the only who I believe  may be starting, and  could be wrong about that.

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Please, someone tell me how many starters on o-line from last year aren't even on NFL teams anymore, let alone not starting for their new team?  This is excluding someone like Teller who kept right up final cut downs, and then got something for him.

Miller may be the only who I believe  may be starting, and  could be wrong about that.

Miller is starting for the Bengals. Mills is on the street (visiting SF), bodine on the street, ducasse on the street 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Belichick doesn’t need intel from  Bodine to beat the Bills unfortunately 

How would we know?

Belichick takes no chances.  He always gets all the intel he can, including from players.  So perhaps he doesn't need it, but how can we know that, because he always gets it?

It's not just play design and calls, he's also looking for gouge on player tendencies that might be "tells" for them.  Yeah, he can get them from obsessive film watching, but if he can get them more easily (or pick up clues what to look for) that helps too.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How would we know?

Belichick takes no chances.  He always gets all the intel he can, including from players.  So perhaps he doesn't need it, but how can we know that, because he always gets it?

It's not just play design and calls, he's also looking for gouge on player tendencies that might be "tells" for them.  Yeah, he can get them from obsessive film watching, but if he can get them more easily (or pick up clues what to look for) that helps too.

I would love to think that he wasted a draft pick and spent time this week to make sure he was prepared for the Bills offense 3 weeks from now but I can’t get there. I could see him doing it for a guy from a team he sees as a roadblock to the SB, but not the Bills. The two games vs the Bills last year showed me knows exactly how to defend them, especially the one vs Allen. But you never know. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How would we know?

Adjusting my tinfoil hat as we speak.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

So much for Belichick making him an all pro. Guess they can tear down his bust along with Hogan and Gilislee. 

Hogan was a pretty good pick up for the Patriots. He was never a superstar but he was a good complimentary receiver for them. Bodine, like Gilislee, can go in the Scott Chandler book of former Bills who had no impact in New England. 

Edited by GunnerBill