Round 2 - trade up for?

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

CB? ***** no.

This team needs help on offense. 

If they fall you have to consider it. The last couple years with injuries and trying to find someone to fill in next to Tre - Gaines (injuries) Sharice Wright anyone, Taron looks good though...BPA all the way

2 hours ago, glazeduck said:

DK would replace Zay in the offense. Zay +40 for 33 and maybe a 5th seems like pretty fair value to me.

Really? Really?  Why would we trade Zay who looked very good at times last.  Just so we can listen to unknowledgible posters whine while the new WR developes. 

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

CB? ***** no.

This team needs help on offense. 

Yes because once again we totally neglected it during FA?

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

This honestly is the best thing about this team and the board right now, no one is arguing about filling a specific hole. Much like with pick 1, you can go in lots of other directions and it is simply based on the best player on the board. 

Usually it would be we need CB because we let, Winfield, Clements, Gilmore etc walk. We need LT because we traded Peters, we need C because Wood retired, we need a G to fill...

We are talking about depth positions in RD 2. (I suppose WR/TE are still there, but we upgraded a lot already and you can't force it all into 1 year)

We still have marginal players all along the OL and WRs.  Sure, but units are better, but truly......how good and dependable is John Brown.  I like Cole Beasley and I think Foster has a chance, but we really could use a #1 (or a #2) WR.  We basically have several #3 and 4s imo. 

Meanwhile, there’s some very good Wr and OL prospects that will be available at 40.  Maybe not BPA, but very close

Moving Zay Jones for crumbs would be such a poor decision. Let's hope this management team is smarter than that. Our QBs haven't been good, our oline even worse, and our WR group last season couldn't get seperation quick enough. We have improved every one of those partsof our offense from the start of last season.

We should have a significantly improved oline. Providing our qb more time in the pocket to go through his progressions. We acquired 2 WR with explosive seperation speed. 

Say no to moving Zay for crumbs. 

• Like (+1) 1

I wouldn’t mind us trading up in round two and then trading back into the second round or up again in the third. Even if this means having only one or two picks left on Saturday. Getting two or three starting caliber players tonite to add to the Oliver pick would be outstanding IMO. Then hopefully have a 4th or 5th round pick tomorrow and wait to start selecting UDFA’s. Quality over Quantity. Hopefully we go offense and get OL, WR and TE in no particular order..

Go Bills.

Edited by Bleedbuffaloblue
Left something out.

Let’s look at the teams in front of us in rd 2. too many need WRs for us to get who we want standing still IMO. 

AZ: OL, WR, CB

IN: edge, CB, WR

Raid:CB, OL May trade down

49: WR,

Sea: CB, S , May trade down 

Jax: WR,OL, TE, 

Bucs: OL, CB, RB

None of them are likely picking a QB. and there could easily be 2-3 WR and Irv Smith to Jax off the board. 

I want offense here but I have those gut feeling that we end up picking CB and when we do I will probably throw something !!!!

14 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I'm hoping that Winovich and Isabella slip due to all this extra top end talent

I would bet Winovich doesn’t get past the Pats in round 2.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Your Brown Eye said:

I'd stay at 40 and get Risner. Seems not to long ago people here wanted him n the 1st, now he might still be available at 40. Finalize the o-line and protect Josh for the next decade.

Not sure I follow you.  I like Risner, but how does drafting him = the OL will be solid for the next decade?

Just now, NewEra said:

We still have marginal players all along the OL and WRs.  Sure, but units are better, but truly......how good and dependable is John Brown.  I like Cole Beasley and I think Foster has a chance, but we really could use a #1 (or a #2) WR.  We basically have several #3 and 4s imo. 

Meanwhile, there’s some very good Wr and OL prospects that will be available at 40.  Maybe not BPA, but very close

I agree. None of the WRs jumped out to me this year, I see most of them as #2s (I did like Hollywood and Harry). OL worries me too, so many new players and I like that there are some great interior guys coming up, we hopefully get a year or 2 of development time for them. I like the top guys there left more than the WRs. DK is intriguing in RD2 though 

6 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Let’s look at the teams in front of us in rd 2. too many need WRs for us to get who we want standing still IMO. 

None of them are likely picking a QB. and there could easily be 2-3 WR and Irv Smith to Jax off the board. 

I want offense here but I have those gut feeling that we end up picking CB and when we do I will probably throw something !!!!

CB or even S are really good draft-able positions right now with OL/WR/TE sprinkled in. My guess is DBs go quick to start the round

Depends.  If there is a player left up on the board that they have graded out a cut above the rest you try to trade up.  If not, you trust your board and let the player come to you.

With that said, I would imagine there will be a run on receivers beginning soon so a WR. Maybe Irv Smith.  Or maybe Chase Winnovich or an Olinemen and there are a few tackles that are intriguing.  And I know people will go crazy but good DBs are available as well.

51 minutes ago, Iamkrgr said:

Moving Zay Jones for crumbs would be such a poor decision. Let's hope this management team is smarter than that. Our QBs haven't been good, our oline even worse, and our WR group last season couldn't get seperation quick enough. We have improved every one of those partsof our offense from the start of last season.

We should have a significantly improved oline. Providing our qb more time in the pocket to go through his progressions. We acquired 2 WR with explosive seperation speed. 

Say no to moving Zay for crumbs. 

I am not moving Zay unless I get a third or an early 4th and a 5th or better in 2020. Even if the Bills took DK at pick 40 (If he is still there) I would still want a much depth as possible at WR. DK, Brown, Cole, Zay, Foster, and Miller would be the WR core and it would have a lot of depth and competition to it. Now if I get DK at 40 and I get real value for Zay I would do it because I can live with Foster as depth if I can get legit picks to fill other needs along the roster. 

But I am not shipping out Zay for a late round pick just because the team took a WR. I think Zay is worth more than a 6th rounder. 

I don’t get why no one is talking about AJ Brown. He was the featured receiver on the team that included Metcalf. Difference is he is an amazing route runner and breaks tackles galore and is more of a sure thing. Metcalf could be boom or bust. Brown reminds me of a kid from Kutztown  we used to have. He can play slot and outside, which in a spread formation is exactly what we need. I doubt he will be there at 40 but he is a slamdunk for us. I would value only Cody Ford or Greedy Williams above him and they will be gone by then. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

Would also accept Zach Allen or Maxx Crosby

1 minute ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Would love Taylor but the knee concern is obviously troubling.  Ford or Risner.

Andy Isabella truly intrigues me following his Senior Bowl performance.

Sounds like Ford is going #33

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Unreal depth in this draft:

Did anyone notice this list had the Jaguars listed as Jawaan's college team LOL... that was the rumor for round 1 and seems to be the rumor for round 2 as well....

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I don’t get why no one is talking about AJ Brown. He was the featured receiver on the team that included Metcalf. Difference is he is an amazing route runner and breaks tackles galore and is more of a sure thing. Metcalf could be boom or bust. Brown reminds me of a kid from Kutztown  we used to have. He can play slot and outside, which in a spread formation is exactly what we need. I doubt he will be there at 40 but he is a slamdunk for us. I would value only Cody Ford or Greedy Williams above him and they will be gone by then. 

I think people are talking about AJ Brown, but definitely there is much more hype around DK Metcalf.  I might even agree with you that Brown would be a better pick, but I'd advise in using caution when looking at college productivity to evaluate NFL receivers.  Many (most) colleges do not run anything approaching NFL-style offenses, and many (almost all) college receivers are having balls distributed to them from pretty terrible quarterbacks.

So, just because AJB caught more passes than DKM in the Ole Miss offense last year doesn't necessarily tell the whole story.  QB, scheme, injuries, etc.  Guys like Michael Thomas come to mind when considering prospects with limited college numbers .

Ceiling/floor, risk/reward.  I think most impartial observers would agree that Metcalf has a higher ceiling due to some elite athletic gifts.  I think most would also agree that that Brown is more likely to succeed.  Those aren't mutually exclusive - question is whether the opportunity cost at #40 justifies a riskier pick.  My jury is still out (and this jury isn't convinced they go WR next, either).

2 hours ago, 100DollarBills said:

I may be in the minority, but I think Hakeem Butler will be a better pro than DK. 

He will

38 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Brown will be better than D.K. just like Butler will. Harmon, And Hall will also be better. 

23 minutes ago, akm0404 said:

I think people are talking about AJ Brown, but definitely there is much more hype around DK Metcalf.  I might even agree with you that Brown would be a better pick, but I'd advise in using caution when looking at college productivity to evaluate NFL receivers.  Many (most) colleges do not run anything approaching NFL-style offenses, and many (almost all) college receivers are having balls distributed to them from pretty terrible quarterbacks.

So, just because AJB caught more passes than DKM in the Ole Miss offense last year doesn't necessarily tell the whole story.  QB, scheme, injuries, etc.  Guys like Michael Thomas come to mind when considering prospects with limited college numbers .

Ceiling/floor, risk/reward.  I think most impartial observers would agree that Metcalf has a higher ceiling due to some elite athletic gifts.  I think most would also agree that that Brown is more likely to succeed.  Those aren't mutually exclusive - question is whether the opportunity cost at #40 justifies a riskier pick.  My jury is still out (and this jury isn't convinced they go WR next, either).

I am ok with the Bills philosophy of BPA, but I am wary of projecting future success on a player like Metcalf who didn't even lead his college team in performance. I think part of evaluating Best Player available should include risk / reward. Metcalf has more risk (lesser hands, limited route tree) but could have more ceiling. Looking at his tape versus Greedy of LSU, I wasn't really sold on his potential to run the full route tree, but I'll leave that up to the professionals at OBD to discern...either way we should have good players to choose from at 40. I am just hoping we enhance our offensive playmaking ability on day 2. We got better in FA but not good enough to score enough point with the big boys yet.

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

He will

Brown will be better than D.K. just like Butler will. Harmon, And Hall will also be better. 

I like the big catch radius on Butler. His big size and 95 inch wing span gives him ability to adjust to poorly thrown balls probably added to his grade at OBD due to Allen's known accuracy challenges. That kid had an awful QB as ISU. Didn't see much of Harmon or Hall. I think there is quality in round 2-4 at WR. I even like Stanley Morgan's kid in the later rounds as a sleeper.

4 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

You need to add Irv Smith, Jr onto that list. I'm hoping for Metcalf or Butler.

You can add enough really good players that we can just sit where we are and get a terrific player. IF we move up I suspect it’s later in the round where the cost is lower. But IF they LOVE a guy, they dobn’t have to move too far. 

I'd rather see them trade up from the 3rd to the 2nd, but I'm not sure. It's my understanding that this is wher the supply of guys with a very strong chance of starting runs out. Of course, there will always be some later picks and UDFA's that will be diamonds in the rough.

14 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I like the big catch radius on Butler. His big size and 95 inch wing span gives him ability to adjust to poorly thrown balls probably added to his grade at OBD due to Allen's known accuracy challenges. That kid had an awful QB as ISU. Didn't see much of Harmon or Hall. I think there is quality in round 2-4 at WR. I even like Stanley Morgan's kid in the later rounds as a sleeper.

This is where I’m at. I was all about Harry, then Brown, then Hall or Harmon, Then Butler.  But his wingspan thinking about everything makes me want most as far as who’s left on the board. He has the possibility to be the best WR in the draft if he works out. I like him more for potential than Metcalf. 

After that, Brown, Harmon, Hall, Boykin, Johnson from UB. 

16 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

could be wrong but it's all a guessing game anyway. I believe they go defense again with the 2nd pick?

If they do, it would likely be a CB or edge rusher. I think CB is more likely because there are more good ones left. Then again, if they have a high grade on a edge rusher that they can get before a drop off at the position, maybe they go DE and try to trade up for a guy like Sternberger.

• Like (+1) 1