Ziggy Ansah to visit bills

7 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

Those were his words. It was one of those things where you just stood there waiting for a punchline. I have been a fan of his since BYU as well. Him and Kyle Van Noy. If we sign him fine. I meet so many people who are not what they seem, their personal lives dont matter at all. It's all about what you do on the field. 

Perhaps the fan was being rude or pushy?

I'm holding out hope for some sort of trade for a younger guy with some upside who doesn't have a spot....Solomon Thomas, Trey Hendrickson, Emmanuel Ogbah, Noah Spence, or sign a guy like Shaq Barrett, Shane Ray,  Mario Edwards. I never liked Ansah as a prospect. I'd rather get a guy who is a little younger with some more upside. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillnutinHouston said:

Anyone know the status of construction on the new weight room/wellness center addition Pegula was building?  Obviously part of the point of that investment was to help sell FAs on signing with Buff.

I heard them talking about it on WGR this morning.  It is currently under construction.

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm holding out hope for some sort of trade for a younger guy with some upside who doesn't have a spot....Solomon Thomas, Trey Hendrickson, Emmanuel Ogbah, Noah Spence, or sign a guy like Shaq Barrett, Shane Ray,  Mario Edwards. I never liked Ansah as a prospect. I'd rather get a guy who is a little younger with some more upside. 

They don’t need to do that this offseason.  There’s really nobody available I’d give up high picks for.  

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think Solomon Thomas is a guy to keep an eye on.  Doesn't really fit the 49ers, probably could get him for a good value.

He'd be a tackle for us, not an end, right?  3 tech?  Probably will depend on if we go with Oliver or Wilkins at 9.  If not, and we go say O-line, I could see us making a move for Thomas.  I loved him coming out.

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I think Solomon Thomas is a guy to keep an eye on.  Doesn't really fit the 49ers, probably could get him for a good value.

He'd be a tackle for us, not an end, right?  3 tech?  Probably will depend on if we go with Oliver or Wilkins at 9.  If not, and we go say O-line, I could see us making a move for Thomas.  I loved him coming out.

I think he'd be a base defensive end and rush as a tackle when Lorax goes to end. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Anyone know the status of construction on the new weight room/wellness center addition Pegula was building?  Obviously part of the point of that investment was to help sell FAs on signing with Buff.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

13 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I heard them talking about it on WGR this morning.  It is currently under construction.

I thought I read somewhere it is on schedule to be complete next month.  Which would be the time these guys start coming in anyway

10 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

They don’t need to do that this offseason.  There’s really nobody available I’d give up high picks for.  

I would not give up high picks, but I do think some of these guys could be available on the cheap. I'd offer a 5th to the Saints for Hendrickson and he's blocked there by Davenport and Jordan. They got him in the third and they only have 6 picks this year (a 2 and a 5, the rest are 6th and 7th rounders. Maybe Offer the 49ers our 3 in exchange for their fourth, essentially trading down 20 or so spots. 

I also like some of the free agents like Edwards, Barrett, Ray, better than Ansah. 

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I would not give up high picks, but I do think some of these guys could be available on the cheap. I'd offer a 5th to the Saints for Hendrickson and he's blocked there by Davenport and Jordan. They got him in the third and they only have 6 picks this year (a 2 and a 5, the rest are 6th and 7th rounders. Maybe Offer the 49ers our 3 in exchange for their fourth, essentially trading down 20 or so spots. 

I also like some of the free agents like Edwards, Barrett, Ray, better than Ansah. 

Do those guys meet the injury quota? Our trainers like a challenge. 

• Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

If he is signed, wonder if bills are considering a Stampede Rush (open to suggestions here) of all DEs on obvious passing downs.

Ziggy / Shaq / Murphy / Jerry  or Ziggy / Zo / Murphy / Jerry.  Could cause protection issues for most OLs

To me, you keep Hughes as the starter on the right side.  Ansah becomes your new starter on the left.

Murphy is the primary backup/rotation on both sides in pass rushing situations.

Lawson is the primary backup/rotation on both sides in early down/running situations.  He can also slide over to tackle on passing downs.

On the inside, you keep a heavy rotation depending on situation.  Same as last year.

Lotulelei is the primary DT in rushing situations.  You need to add a 3-Tech to replace Kyle (maybe someone in the draft like Ed Oliver?)

JPhillips and HPhillips are your subs, with Lawson even sliding over on the occasion.

Alexander is the SLB and jack-of-all-trades.  He can drop into coverage, come off the edge or even blitz inside.

I think their rotation last year was great.  The only problem was Murphy being hurt all the time, and neither he or Lawson providing quite enough with the edge rush.  One more DE puts us over the top, and protects us in the event Murphy continues battling injuries.  We also need to find a capable replacement for Kyle or we take a step back on the inside rush.

• Like (+1) 6

18 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m not hard yet, but I’ll be chubby if he signs..

My over/under on the number of posts until this appeared was 10 (the actual was 17).  I was getting a little worried that TBD's moral compass had shifted.  Thank you for restoring my faith, Chandler...

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

Per one poster, he arrived in Buffalo and was a dick at the airport. If that's the case, then I presume by now he's at OBD.

pics or it didn't happen  ...   lol  

44 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Perhaps the fan was being rude or pushy?

someone mentioned the cap.

BUFFALO BILLS CAP TOTALS

Est. Cap Space (All):   $37,309,877
Est. Cap Space (Top 51):   $42,859,877

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

To me, you keep Hughes as the starter on the right side.  Ansah becomes your new starter on the left.

Murphy is the primary backup/rotation on both sides in pass rushing situations.

Lawson is the primary backup/rotation on both sides in early down/running situations.  He can also slide over to tackle on passing downs.

On the inside, you keep a heavy rotation depending on situation.  Same as last year.

Lotulelei is the primary DT in rushing situations.  You need to add a 3-Tech to replace Kyle (maybe someone in the draft like Ed Oliver?)

JPhillips and HPhillips are your subs, with Lawson even sliding over on the occasion.

Alexander is the SLB and jack-of-all-trades.  He can drop into coverage, come off the edge or even blitz inside.

I think their rotation last year was great.  The only problem was Murphy being hurt all the time, and neither he or Lawson providing quite enough with the edge rush.  One more DE puts us over the top, and protects us in the event Murphy continues battling injuries.  We also need to find a capable replacement for Kyle or we take a step back on the inside rush.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Murphy cut or Lawson traded if Ansah is signed.

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

I thought Michael Sam was the only player who came out.?

I'm not saying the airport story it true or false but I can share a personal anecdote.    I've met dozens of Bills players over the years while travelling.   The rudest I've ever met was Bruce Smith.

It's also meaningless.     These guys have up and down days like everyone.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

I'm not saying the airport story it true but I can share a personal anecdote.    I've met dozens of Bills players over the years while travelling.   The rudest I've ever met was Bruce Smith.

Exactly, the guys from all reports took a West coast flight across the country to visit today. I get Bills fans are one of the best things about joining the Bills outside of the paycheck, but not everyone wants to be bombarded with excited fans when they first get into town or off a flight. I know I am agitated after long plane or car rides so even so I cant blame the guy.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Frez said:

Could the #Bills sign Ziggy Ansah as early as today? A report says he's in Orchard Park & BUF might try to get him to sign on the dotted line before he visits the #Saints:

If I'm Beane that's what I'd do. "Mr. Ansah, we really like you and we'd like you to sign today. If not we are going to call Mr. Clowney. Would you like some more blue cheese for those?" 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Juice_32 said:

If I'm Beane that's what I'd do. "Mr. Ansah, we really like you and we'd like you to sign today. If not we are going to call Mr. Clowney. Would you like some more blue cheese for those?" 

If he leaves the building he's signing with the Saints.

• Like (+1) 1

Yea, we have money and we have a top end defense for him to play on.  

We’re his first visit for a reason. 

If he signs, it will be done today.  If he leaves, I think we’re going another route. 

25 minutes ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

I'm not saying the airport story it true or false but I can share a personal anecdote.    I've met dozens of Bills players over the years while travelling.   The rudest I've ever met was Bruce Smith.

Not everyone is a people person and I think sometimes fans forget that. For every player that will sign a million autographs and drop everything, there's another who just really doesn't like socializing and would prefer not to be bothered (just like the rest of us.) I get it.

Per Chris Brown a few minutes ago, Ziggy is still visiting with the Bills but he has no word on whether Ansah will sign.He did confirm that he has not left so there appears to be mutual interest on both sides.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Exactly, the guys from all reports took a West coast flight across the country to visit today. I get Bills fans are one of the best things about joining the Bills outside of the paycheck, but not everyone wants to be bombarded with excited fans when they first get into town or off a flight. I know I am agitated after long plane or car rides so even so I cant blame the guy.

Flew commercial if fans have access.  Wonder if if he expected a private flight, hence the annoyance?

Also expect that he signs today, or is gone and gos elsewhere.  Got the $$$ to do it.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So to recap on this kid

Down year last year - hurt

12 sacks the year prior

2 years in the league so a young player?

Ziggy Ansah is 29 years old.

2013 - 8 sacks.

2014 - 7.5 sacks.

2015 - 14.5 sacks.

2016 - 2 sacks.

2017 - 12 sacks.

2018 - 4 sacks.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

I wouldn't expect him to sign until after he's met up with the Saints.

unless the shoulder checks out and Bills make a significant offer. Otherwise if its a prove it deal he'll try NO