REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

And yet, the NFLPA WANTS it to be comparable.

No thanks.

No thanks to players with 60% of the income, no thanks to players determining who the coach is, or where they play, even if they have a contract. NO THANK YOU.

Why do you care what percentage the players make?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

Some of the lowest pay rates in the nation

highest tax rates

weather is not the best (move here in October i've seen 2-3 days of 40 degree weather)

but you can buy crap beer here for $2, so that cheap.

i used to think buffalo was the best and anyone who dogged the city was an idiot.

I moved away 6 years ago.

My wife and i move back here because of family.

We are thinking about leaving again because of how expensive it is to live here.

Expensive? This area isn’t even close to expensive. You can buy a decent home here for 100k, a beautiful one for 350k and a literal mansion for a million (see Brandon Beane’s house). Sure, if you really hunt you can find select markets that are cheaper in the US. The vast majority of US real estate markets are far higher than the Buffalo area. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Hard to blame AB for not wanting to come. 

And why is that?..  I didn't want him, but like someone else said, I'm encourage that Beane is being so aggressive. 

That being said, he's played his entire career in the city of Pittsburgh, not Miami....calm down.

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Why do you care what percentage the players make?

Because I'm a TEAM guy, not a union/players guy.

I root for the Bills, not for the individual players. When you give players the control, it destroys a league. Again, see: NBA.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

And why is that?..  I didn't want him, but like someone else said, I'm encourage that Beane is being so aggressive. 

That being said, he's played his entire career in Pittsburgh, not Miami....calm down.

He wants to win and I can see why the team isn’t atteactive to him. Also, I wouldn’t want to live in NY. Oppressive taxes there. 

I'm actually happy this fell through. Talent wise , it'd be amazing to have him Foster ,Zay and McKenzie but attitude wise  I just don't see how AB would have fit in this locker room and could see issues popping up down the road. I love that Beane is exploring all options though and being aggressive in upgrading the O

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Is there any way the NFL can push a contract fulfillment clause into the next CBA? Brown is disgruntled and wants more guaranteed money. He must have forgot about the signing bonus he got? Maybe take out signing bonuses from contract negotiations. Make the player actually play for every dime of the contract. It can still be guaranteed for injury. But Pitt is really left holding the bag. They have a worthless asset that they have already paid a ton of guaranteed money to, even if AB doesn’t see it that way. 

The owners can’t have it both ways. You pays your money you takes your chances.

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

He wants to win and I can see why the team isn’t atteactive to him. Also, I wouldn’t want to live in NY. Oppressive taxes there. 

The taxes thing is real, but I doubt that's the reason.

As far as winning.. I happen to think we'll be winning real soon.   He'd also be the beneficiary of Josh Allen's cannon arm all game, so plenty of deep balls for his diva clown self.

Edited by SCBills

3 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Then we should still rejoice, only longer.

But I thought Beane was involved in the negotiations, and his quote was that, in the end , the deal didn’t make sense for either the Bills or the Steelers. So we really don’t know if the Steelers were asking too much, or Brown, or both.

Just because Rappaport or some other hack said it was because Brown refused to come here, we should belong that?

Rappaport broke the story. He also broke that the deal was off, and that the Bills had pulled out. He later (I was watching this unfold live on NFL Network this morning) updated the report saying AB's agent Drew Rosenhaus told the Bills he wasn't willing to come to Buffalo. Five minutes later Brandon Beane released his statement. 

For once, I don't think there's much we don't know. Rappaport was all over this and had everything accurate. 

Just now, iinii said:

The owners can’t have it both ways. You pays your money you takes your chances.

What does this even mean? How is Pittsburgh’s owner having it both ways in this situation? He paid out money to Antonio Brown on his word that, you know, he would actually fulfill his contract that he willingly signed. 

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Because I'm a TEAM guy, not a union/players guy.

I root for the Bills, not for the individual players. When you give players the control, it destroys a league. Again, see: NBA.

That doesn't really have anything to do with the percentage of revenue players make. The league will never be the NBA. I already explained it. I'd use caps... but...

13 minutes ago, TOboy said:

But that's not what happened. We supposedly had a deal in place with the Steelers. And nobody is saying this had anything to do with contract demands.

The knucklehead just didn't want to come here. 

i for one am glad he ain't coming. f him don't need him and the karma that's gonna light him up.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Yea.

I think it's obvious the deal didn't go through because AB didn't want to come here. Simple as that.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn’t be surprised if AB doesn’t want to go anywhere at this point. I think he wants his outright release from Pitt and nothing else will satisfy him. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The taxes thing is real, but I doubt that's the reason.

As far as winning.. I happen to think we'll be winning real soon.   He'd also be the beneficiary of Josh Allen's cannon arm all game, so plenty of deep balls for his diva clown self.

Yeah, you do. I do too. But the Bills have been a bottom feeder of the league since Brown was in elementary school so it’s kinda easy to understand why he doesn’t want to come here. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buddy Hix said:

I just did. How can McD preach about culture and want to bring in a guy like Brown? It basically says all the junk about process and culture is BS, which I have always thought it is.

It means we're close and they think we have the infrastructure to handle a guy like Antonio Brown who's Top 2 at his position. I disagree with them here but we've learned something about Beane/McDermott we didn't know before last night.

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

Like I said earlier, I wouldn’t be surprised if AB doesn’t want to go anywhere at this point. I think he wants his outright release from Pitt and nothing else will satisfy him. 

The NFL won’t miss him, have fun sitting out.

4 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Expensive? This area isn’t even close to expensive. You can buy a decent home here for 100k, a beautiful one for 350k and a literal mansion for a million (see Brandon Beane’s house). Sure, if you really hunt you can find select markets that are cheaper in the US. The vast majority of US real estate markets are far higher than the Buffalo area. 

Hi,

A decent home for 100K?

Find me that.

It's extremly expensive here, I've traveld for years and Buffalo is one of the most expensive cities to fly into and out of. 

A beautiful home for $350K is going to cost you 10K a year in property taxes.

over a 30 year mortgage, thats 300K

Other places with better weather and better paying jobs and lower income tax will have that at maybe 3K per year

that's $210K i am saving for other AREAS over 30 years.

I guess buffalo is so good that it is continued to be ranked at the top for people leaving.

Just now, wppete said:

Anyone even know what we offered Pittsburgh for AB??????

Don't think it's been reported anywhere. 

Peter Schraeger through this out this morning...could have been to flip 1st rounders with Pitt...but he was clearly speculating and not sharing something he'd heard. 

We get Antonio Brown and 20th pick. Steelers get 9th pick. Basically Antonio Brown is worth a 2nd Round pick. I'd imagine the Steelers might've thrown another pick in to make it work.

I'm fascinated by this because it means Beane wants to get to the late teens/early 20's and add another Day 2 pick. Something we all want.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1