GDT: NFC Championship Game Rams at Saints on FOX

Nextmanup

29 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

So New Orleans has led the NFL in rushing yardage the last two years.  Could it be because they open the type of nice holes we've been seeing in this game?  If the Bills could do that, perhaps McCoy could also gain significant yardage, and not be subject to the regular criticism he receives on this board about his age and loss of this and that.  Just a thought.

I think McCoy still has it but our offensive dearth of talent really obscured a lot of what anybody could show they were capable of.

Just give me an equal rushing and passing threat.. WRs and some road graders and we'll see a marked improvement without too much effort improving what's been so terrible this year

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Thats only if you decide to be a whiner and make it so to you

No....you've seen evidence of various crews taking over games.  I guess it comes down to the idea "you could throw a flag on every play."    Sadly,  some crews take that literally. 

Just now, Livinginthepast said:

Nice partial facemask on Goff. should have been first and goal. 

That would have been a crap call....he grazed it with his hand and clearly let Goff go instead of grabbing.

I can't believe people are complaining when we're finally getting a game that the refs are NOT actively deciding.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Wow....can't believe he didn't go for the TD there.

Bad time to stop being the guy you've been all year IMO.

Was waiting for him to go for it, but the stakes there are WAY too high, I guess.  He did the right thing, IMO.

Edited by Heitz

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I would have went for it. Even if you don't get it in, the Saints would be pinned down at their own goal line.

Yup.  Go up four and force NO to score a TD.   The way Anderson has been running I think it's unlikely he doesn't get 1/2 yard.

Just now, KD in CA said:

Yup.  Go up four and force NO to score a TD.   The way Anderson has been running I think it's unlikely he doesn't get 1/2 yard.

Putting trust in your D against Brees on his own turf is a highly questionable strategy.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

That would have been a crap call....he grazed it with his hand and clearly let Goff go instead of grabbing.

I can't believe people are complaining when we're finally getting a game that the refs are NOT actively deciding.  

It slowed him down enough to stop him from scoring and is an illegal play in a huge situation. The refs just missed the call. And I'm not complaining about the game, its awesome.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

If McVay went for it and didn't get it, he'd be questioned to no end; especially if the Rams lose.

You can't coach out of fear of your critics.  He obviously likes the way his defense is playing and thinks he can get the ball back.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Josh Allen takes that in.

I had that same thought during the play.  And if contact had been made before the goal line, he's big and heavy enough to maybe win the battle and push into the end zone.

He definitely would have taken off and gone for it one way or the other.