GDT: NFC Championship Game Rams at Saints on FOX

Nextmanup

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'd like to see Mahomes humbled in this game, and for Tahhhhm to lose two super bowls in a row. It would be a win/win.

No thanks.  I'd like to enjoy the next two weeks w/o 24x7 Tammy knob polishing.

Just now, whatdrought said:

I'm honestly so hot about this travesty that I would rather Mahomes win than the Rams get a ring cause of that. 

I can NOT root for Mahomes, because this place will be insufferable if he wins a super bowl.

So I have to swallow the rat poison and hope they lose this week

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

20 years in NO.....2 days everywhere else.   Does anyone outside of Indy (and us) still lament NE manhandling the Colts WRs in that one AFCC?   They got away with about 10 PI penalties that day.

naaah...too much focus on the one play. it will last a long time in many places

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Basically he is disappointed, hard way to lose, the officials told him they thought the ball and player arrived at the same time. Need more replay, proud of his team, congratulations to the Rams they made the plays when they needed to at the end. 

I am not sure I would have come out and spoken because if I had I wouldn't have been able to be so gracious. 

I would have had F bombs

Too many are whining about the NRC non-call.  What about the face mask non-call against Goff?  That should have been first and goal, where the Rams probably would have scored a TD and won without going to OT.

6 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Rams win. Figures that horrible non call would determine the entire season for the Saints. This game would have been over. Amazing at this level.

Not a fan of either team but man that was egregious. The ball wasn't tipped on the int. also, so they got away with another pi on that play, not to mention smacking Brees in the facemask. 

I am rooting for the Rams in the SB, that much is certain.

There was NO pass interference on that OT INT.  None.

But that play shouldn’t have taken place because NRC jacked that Rams receiver up and the game should have been over.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I'm honestly so hot about this travesty that I would rather Mahomes win than the Rams get a ring cause of that. 

I’d rather the Rams win it so I don’t have to hear about Mahomes being a SB winner.

Just now, MDH said:

It could just be that human beings are fallible.

No, must be a conspiracy, that seems much likely.

The problem is that this is Exhibit A of the entire case of the NFL not giving a ***** about horrible refereeing. The problem is that there's no accountability. Why can't that be challenged?  Why do they not get rid of refs that miss ***** like that? 

I did not care about this game at all. I care about the fact that the NFL is turning into a giant joke and this is just a great example. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

20 years in NO.....2 days everywhere else.   Does anyone outside of Indy (and us) still lament NE manhandling the Colts WRs in that one AFCC?   They got away with about 10 PI penalties that day.

They got away with murder in broad daylight that game. Most obviously fixed game I ve seen. 

3 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Steelers over Seahawks, Bettis retiring with a ring.

I had a colleague in Seattle.  I saw him at a conference and told him his team got hosed in that game.  He thought only Seahawk fans thought that.  Nope...any true fan of the sport felt that way.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I can NOT root for Mahomes, because this place will be insufferable if he wins a super bowl.

So I have to swallow the rat poison and hope they lose this week

So it's a three way cluster*****. 

Hate the Chiefs cause of Mahomes. 

Hate the Patriots because of duh. 

And hate the Rams cause of this crap. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

That pass interference was almost as blatant as Glenn Sharpe's hold on 4th down against Chris Gamble in the end zone of the 2003 BCS National Championship Game. Almost. 

Was that the phantom defensive hold called while Miami was halfway through their parade the following Tuesday?   

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

The problem is that this is Exhibit A of the entire case of the NFL not giving a ***** about horrible refereeing. The problem is that there's no accountability. Why can't that be challenged?  Why do they not get rid of refs that miss ***** like that? 

I did not care about this game at all. I care about the fact that the NFL is turning into a giant joke and this is just a great example. 

^^^ This ^^^^

4 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

There was NO pass interference on that OT INT.  None.

But that play shouldn’t have taken place because NRC jacked that Rams receiver up and the game should have been over.

How do you figure? Just because a non deflected pass is fluttering does not suspend the rules, and he def grabbed and impeded the wr. Agree it shouldn't have mattered.

Edited by Turk71

2 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

How do you figure? Just because a non deflected pass is fluttering does not suspend the rules, and he def grabbed and impeded the wr. Agree it shouldn't have mattered.

How do I figure?

The DB was looking at the ball the whole way. The WR ran into him. The DB has as much right to gain position, especially when he is tracking the ball and the WR had no idea where the ball was.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

One thing I notice....refs frequently gather to discuss a flag and will sometimes pick it up.  But they rarely gather and then throw one later (except for intentional grounding after a discussion about the tackle box).   You'd think it would have been easy for the other refs to correct the guy who missed the call, but that doesn't seem to be part of how NFL officials work.  

8 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Was that the phantom defensive hold called while Miami was halfway through their parade the following Tuesday?   

Can’t have a parade if the game is won before OT by the other team as it should have been.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

How do I figure?

The DB was looking at the ball the whole way. The WR ran into him. The DB has as much right to gain position, especially when he is tracking the ball and the WR had no idea where the ball was.

I didn't think either of them were tracking the ball at that time and it looked like he grabbed and held him. I could easily be wrong though. I figured it wasnt called cause they thought it was tipped. 

38 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Don't try to convince us to root for your Pats to beat the Rams out of some sort of perverted justice.

Oh look who it is!  

It's Sunday after 6:30, isn't it bath time?  Oh wait, tomorrow's not a schoolday....I bet they will let you stay until halftime tonight!

9 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

How do I figure?

Yeap, Pereira even confirmed it and I agree with him on that one being a good no-call.

Edited by Talley56

13 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I didn't think either of them were tracking the ball at that time and it looked like he grabbed and held him. I could easily be wrong though. I figured it wasnt called cause they thought it was tipped. 

I guess we saw it differently but it really doesn’t matter. The refs jobbed the Saints.

Well as outrageous as the Non call on the PI was, it was a great game. The Rams hung with them despite all the early breaks going the Saints way. Its really too bad that such a compelling game between 2 great teams was ruined by poor officiating but the sloppy officiating was a theme all night. There were lots of little plays incorrectly called all through this game. In the 4th the refs missed a partial facemask on Goff that should have been a first down and TD. Rams would have been up 4.  Then the terrible chop block call on the Rams after a really clutch punt pushed the Saints back. All setting up possibly the worst Non call of the season and maybe the worst Non call on PI ever at the end. This is a billion $ league with amateurish standards of officiating performed by out of shape old men. It makes no sense at all. 

I for one am super happy the game news is over a non call as opposed to a bad call. 

They let those guys play all game long, not fair to single out 1-2 plays when the saints got away with a lot too. It was PI. No doubt about it. I’m happy the refs didn’t ruin that game. They should take notes and let teams play more like that.