GDT: NFC Championship Game Rams at Saints on FOX

Nextmanup

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

That's not even in the category of a missed call. That's the greatest referee incompetence since the BS tuck rule. That was horrible. 

I would argue all of Superbowl 40 was worse since that was multiple calls.  Yet Steelers fans still brag about winning 6 SBs so if they aren't losing sleep over that Rams shouldn't over this.

Rams win. Figures that horrible non call would determine the entire season for the Saints. This game would have been over. Amazing at this level.

Not a fan of either team but man that was egregious. The ball wasn't tipped on the int. also, so they got away with another pi on that play, not to mention smacking Brees in the facemask. 

I am rooting for the Rams in the SB, that much is certain.

I had money on the Rams. 

This is was awful. Absolutely awful. 

Does one play change a game? Sometimes, yes. 

Biggest question I have: why couldn’t this have happened to the Pats? 

That play will change the game we all love. 

4 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Congrats to the Rams, well deserved.  I'm not going to take anything away from them because of one missed call.  Bad calls, missed interferences, missed holds happen all the time.

Yeah, lost in the hysteria of the last few minutes is the fact the Rams hung around all day when it looked like the Saints were in control and they made a bunch of big plays, offensive, defense and ST to pull it out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

Rams win. Figures that horrible non call would determine the entire season for the Saints. This game would have been over. Amazing at this level.

Not a fan of either team but man that was egregious. The ball wasn't tipped on the int. also, so they got away with another pi on that play, not to mention smacking Brees in the facemask. 

I am rooting for the Rams in the SB, that much is certain.

i could almost root for NE--the non call was so egregious 

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

I had money on the Rams. 

This is was awful. Absolutely awful. 

Does one play change a game? Sometimes, yes. 

Biggest question I have: why couldn’t this have happened to the Pats? 

That play will change the game we all love. 

its true. the league is ruined. tuck rule started it and this finished it

1 minute ago, Tcali said:

between 2 days and 20 yrs.....closer to the 20 though. and its not just the one ref who had his head up his ass

20 years in NO.....2 days everywhere else.   Does anyone outside of Indy (and us) still lament NE manhandling the Colts WRs in that one AFCC?   They got away with about 10 PI penalties that day.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Storylines I will hate during SB week: 

With Chiefs win: The Kid coach vs the Kid QB

With Pats win: The GOAT vs. The Wunderkind.

I'd like to see Mahomes humbled in this game, and for Tahhhhm to lose two super bowls in a row. It would be a win/win.

Just now, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Why are Bills fans supposedly nuetral so salty about the referees in a game that has nothing to do with anything. We always say holding can get called on any play.

This is next level referee b*****ing this playoffs

Because close calls are a thing of the game, there's reason to grumble, but it's not a huge deal.

A blatantly missed call that literally determined who went to the Superbowl? That's next level bull####. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

What he say

Basically he is disappointed, hard way to lose, the officials told him they thought the ball and player arrived at the same time. Need more replay, proud of his team, congratulations to the Rams they made the plays when they needed to at the end. 

I am not sure I would have come out and spoken because if I had I wouldn't have been able to be so gracious. 

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

for those who think the NFL is "fixed," this will remain Exhibit 1 for a loooong time.  Just a inexcusable non-call. 

It could just be that human beings are fallible.

No, must be a conspiracy, that seems much  more likely.

Edited by MDH
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I'd like to see Mahomes humbled in this game, and for Tahhhhm to lose two super bowls in a row. It would be a win/win.

I'm honestly so hot about this travesty that I would rather Mahomes win than the Rams get a ring cause of that. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Basically he is disappointed, hard way to lose, the officials told him they thought the ball and player arrived at the same time. Need more replay, proud of his team, congratulations to the Rams they made the plays when they needed to at the end. 

I am not sure I would have come out and spoken because if I had I wouldn't have been able to be so gracious. 

the ref thought the ball and player arrived at the same time???? WOW.  Not even close.  And the defender didn't turn his head.  Classic PI. 

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

A lot of missed calls in this game.  Goff should've had a face mask called to give them a first and goal before that field goal to tie it.

Yep. Rams got the short end of the stick several times during the course of the game. Saints had an opportunity to win in overtime and didn't get it done.

Until calls are reviewed, which they should be, you have to deal with the bad ones and create your own luck. Rams made the big defensive play and their kicker was MONEY.

Shoulda been called, but it wasn't. At that point, you forget about it and A) get a stop defensively or B)get it done on offense in OT. NO did neither.

• Awesome! (+1) 1