Sign nick foles

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

So,you think what we have is good? 

I think what we see on the field is systemic.  It looks to me that the WR's are not coached on the fundamentals.  I'm not sure adding new faces into the WR group is all of the sudden going to mean 70% completion and a bunch of wins.

Just now, WhyteDwarf said:

I think what we see on the field is systemic.  It looks to me that the WR's are not coached on the fundamentals.  I'm not sure adding new faces into the WR group is all of the sudden going to mean 70% completion and a bunch of wins.

I agree with that but then what does that have to do with Allen?

13 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

Darnold has crap talent around him as well, somehow he's playing much better than Allen, looks like a real QB.  I think too many of you are hoping for too much out of Allen.  Maybe another season of 50% will bring you guys back to reality.  We'll see.  There is one common theme with Allen, a lot of people need to make excuses for him week in and week out.

go watch Jets highlights from today  His rookie TE makes a ODB catch Players around Sam are getting it done  Not every week but still.  Bills havent made one spectacular catch all year yet routinely drops tds game in game out

2 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

He's just not a consistent passer.  12 months from now, we'll be again staring at ~50% seasonal completion even with all new faces at WR.  

New faces of garbage WR's from the bottom of the barrel... Their is a reason these WR's are not on any other team.

Edited by Boca BIlls

1 minute ago, WhyteDwarf said:

He's just not a consistent passer.  12 months from now, we'll be again staring at ~50% seasonal completion even with all new faces at WR.  

His completion % don’t mean squat. 

He did some things today that’s an improvement. Dump offs and touch passes that we’ve all been clamoring to see. They weren’t the best passes but he’s adjusting and working on his game weekly. 

Who cares what the % is? 

He can be a 35% completion passer for all I care, I just want 3rd down conversions and touchdowns. 

He’s shown he can make plays. That’s good enough for year one. 

5 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

But again if the receivers are crap, how can you say Josh won't look better with new receivers?

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

New faces of garbage WR's from the bottom of the barrel... Their is a reason these WR's are not on any other team.

They are in good shape in terms of the draft, and have a lot of money to spend on FA's.  However, this is a little bit like trading up for Watkins to make EJ better.  I just don't think it will work long term with a 50% passer.

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

But again if the receivers are crap, how can you say Josh won't look better with new receivers?

Some QB's elevate the talent around them, some do not.  Allen seems to fit into the former category.  We should get to find this out next season!

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

He’s shown he can make plays. That’s good enough for year one. 

That's fine, but McDermott only has one more season.  Then it's reset time, and Allen won't be the new regime's guy.

3 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

They are in good shape in terms of the draft, and have a lot of money to spend on FA's.  However, this is a little bit like trading up for Watkins to make EJ better.  I just don't think it will work long term with a 50% passer.

He would be a ~50% passer if he had WRs that can catch the ball - is that really that hard to see?  Or do you just watch the stats?

3 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

Some QB's elevate the talent around them, some do not.  Allen seems to fit into the former category.  We should get to find this out next season!

That's fine, but McDermott only has one more season.  Then it's reset time, and Allen won't be the new regime's guy.

What a hot ball of gas.

40 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

Darnold has crap talent around him as well, somehow he's playing much better than Allen, looks like a real QB.  I think too many of you are hoping for too much out of Allen.  Maybe another season of 50% will bring you guys back to reality.  We'll see.  There is one common theme with Allen, a lot of people need to make excuses for him week in and week out.

Youre crazy, Anderson is better than any WR we have.  Our WRs are mostly made up guys who would be at best 5th on other teams depth charts.  

Did Darnold have multiple TD passes dropped today?  Nope.

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I think only losers talk about positives when perennially losing.  I guess that's all they can do.

Blow it all up!  Cut the entire team!  If they're not winning, then there can't be a single good thing to talk about!  Allen is obviously trash!  On that TD bomb, even though the receiver got behind the Pats and the ball was perfectly thrown, Allen should have realized the sun was still in coverage.  Totally Allen's fault!  *eyeroll*

Also, the Bills went 9-7 last year and made the playoffs.  That disqualifies them from being perennial losers.  Just saying.  That word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Allen is the Bills' hope to be a franchise QB and the team just signed Barkley as the backup for the next two seasons.  Why this @******* created this thread that's beyond the realm of possibility is beyond me.  It's 100% pointless. 

...well actually it is the FIRST pointless one of the year, right?..........

Through a friend d I know someone in the eagles front office.  He is a salary cap analitics guy, so I'm not sure if he would know this for certain or not. But he says no one offered more than a 4th for holes in the off-season. 

This shocked me because he's good. 

On 12/23/2018 at 4:03 PM, ******* said:

While this team has a solid D. Go out and grab

foles. We have the money. Qb play is how you win in this league. PlAin and simple 

He is going sign with The Jags I bet. Have some good WF and a great RB and also a very good D

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Last year maybe. This year they have basically nothing good.

A down year for sure. Fornette still a great RB add a QB who can throw in Foled and those running lanes open up again.. the Dis note concerning.. seemed like they thought they won the SB in week 2 as they underperformed the rest of the way.