Jerry Hughes Confronts Official after the Game - Umpire Roy Ellison Reinstated After Being Fined $9300

They should be mad hughes was held multiple times as Josh was hit in the head in the pocket twice not outside of the pocket as a runner. Josh was also hit in the knee in the pocket on a throw. Kyle williams literally smelled a guards fingers as it looked like both if the guards hands were in his nose and mouth. 

• Like (+1) 10

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

Good... He was held on that go ahead TD

It was a blatant hold. No consistency from the refs whatsoever today. Head tackle bad then its ok. Holding bad on some plays, just fine on others. Roughing the passer? well that's if they bother to pay attention once the pass is out. Low hit on Allen's legs? Refs didn't notice! 

• Like (+1) 1

This is not the first time refs have been accused of saying things - I remember the Cam thing where the ref supposedly said "you haven't been in the league long enough to get that call" - and even in the broadcast today Lofton said younger qbs don't get certain calls. Record what the refs say - full game - enough of it. NFL has the money. 

• Like (+1) 4

Hughes has been a target for officials for a long time. Personally, I think he cleaned up his game a lot, gets held almost every play, and every hold they called on Teller you can see on Hughes just about every play.

I feel your pain Jerry - I do not regret this team signing Hughes one bit. I hate to say anything about the officiating, and there are things the Bills could clean up, but I do not understand how unbalanced it has been for the Bills for years.

Terry P. needs to bring some big boots to the owner's meeting and the NFL needs to shake up the officiating old guard. How is freaking der-t-der son of Ed Hochuli who could not get a damn coin toss right officiating in this league - they must have a Union where they never fire anyone for being suck, and hire their kids.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Officiating was awful today. A lot of non-calls on Miami that were worse penalties than what the Bills got flagged for. 

I agree. Usually penalties even out but holy cow Josh got hammered in the head and roughed up a few times, no calls,  definitely some DPI, no calls. Really bizarre day by the refs.  They did not let anything slide against the Bills

• Like (+1) 1

Someone should make a video of all the questionable calls and non calls and make it go viral to expose this *****.

Josh head almost ripped off no flag even after meeting about it. Bush hits Tannehill in the chest as he releases, doesnt fall with full weight on him (Bush isnt some lineman either) and its a 15 yard penalty extending their first TD drive... But yeah, player safety no bias

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i understand this but the refs will take note of this and make it harder down the road.

I would completely support the Bills taking 50 penalties in one of these remaining games to make a point. I am so sick of the referees screwing us over game after game, year after year. The league needs to be put on notice that we won't put up with it anymore.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MPT said:

I would completely support the Bills taking 50 penalties in one of these remaining games to make a point. I am so sick of the referees screwing us over game after game, year after year. The league needs to be put on notice that we won't put up with it anymore.

not sure this would work

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

Different status, especially when one is making calls that can decide an outcome of a game...

When was it said? Does that matter? Getting fired for calling someone a B word?

Nah.

I mean, ***** that ref but are we that soft we are calling for people’s jobs that call someone a B word?

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I get the emotion after this one especially with how the refs were but you kind of have to sit on that. Don't let your emotions give them an opportunity to hurt you more.

I generally agree.  But this officiating was terrible.  Numerous ticky tacky calls on the Bills, while your QB is getting hit in the head REPEATEDLY, and you miss PI on Zay Jones on the final drive.   Hughes can say he was supporting player safety by being angry at the refs for not protecting Allen.  Really, would have loved to see one of our weak OL do what Hughes did.  

If they fine players for hits to the head, they need to fine the refs for missing them.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 3