Chiefs release Kareem Hunt after video from February incident surfaces

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, wppete said:

The big Question is did KC and the NFL know about this incident and video prior to this season? 

Had to, but we won't ever know that. They know everything. They base everything on public perception. They waited for this to drop. They already know what they will do. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

5 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

So if your ex is on ground, unarmed, you are okay with kicking her.

Because that's what I watched, and that seems to be what you're defending. Literally kicking a woman while she's down.

Thats exaggerating a bit though.  I am in no way condoning his actions on the kick, but that was way more like a shove with his foot in a "get out of here" type move than a kick to assault and cause bodily harm.  Again, I am not saying its ok, just saying the extent of this "kick" is being exaggerated a bit around here and in the article.  

I do agree, its his most damning part in the video, but also I don't see some sort of major assault move there at all.  Should he have done it...no, I agree with that.  But its not what some are making it out to be either.

3 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Had to, but we won't ever know that. They know everything. They base everything on public perception. They waited for this to drop. They already know what they will do. 

Yes it was known before the 2018 season began

It's tricky - Most teams don't want foster, yet he was claimed by the redskins.  I understand that there's a redemption and rehabilitation factor that you cannot discount, however at the same time it's an incredibly public job and public perception can cost you as an owner/league money.  Him being in the league does not make the league more money - however i do think his bad publicity could cost them money.

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thats exaggerating a bit though.  I am in no way condoning his actions on the kick, but that was way more like a shove with his foot in a "get out of here" type move than a kick to assault and cause bodily harm.  Again, I am not saying its ok, just saying the extent of this "kick" is being exaggerated a bit around here and in the article.  

I do agree, its his most damning part in the video, but also I don't see some sort of major assault move there at all.  Should he have done it...no, I agree with that.  But its not what some are making it out to be either.

It's not really about how hard or gentle, it's about the act. That's what people are missing. The act is clear as day. 

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yes it was known before the 2018 season began

NFL didn't want this video out. Gauranteed. 

There is a video of Evander Kane also. Never released for whatever reason. Pegula bucks? 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

The most damaging part of the video is the amount of times he is pushed away and the time inbetween that and the bulldozer. That’s a bad look. You can’t tackle a woman. He had multiple chance to gain his composure and walk away.

weed must have been laced....

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

The most damaging part of the video is the amount of times he is pushed away and the time inbetween that and the bulldozer. That’s a bad look. You can’t tackle a woman. He had multiple chance to gain his composure and walk away.

He didn't tackle her. The girl pushed that guy into hunt and hunt pushed him back. 

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

So there are certain ways to kick an unarmed woman on the ground that are okay? 

And look, I saw her going after him. I saw her pushing him. The answer is to walk away 100% of the time. If she persists, go to the police. Something. Anything. But don't touch the girl, and DON'T kick her...lightly or otherwise...when she's down.

What the hell, people?

I suppose you had missed my other post:

Oh I fully agree he should NOT have done this. It doesn't mean it was a "real kick". Shove is indeed more accurate. But that doesn't mean I suddenly approve it because it's a shove, after all he did too. But degrees, are they so hard to understand? This is bad, but certainly not "Ray Rice level" kind of bad.

You know, we can agree on almost everything but for me considering it a shove while for you it's vile kick.  Nuances and degrees exist. 

And if you don't notice, she kept going after him, even after the initial shove by Hunt. Now, I'm not saying she was actually a physical threat to him at all, she could have been just a loudmouth annoyance. But when you write "
If she persists, go to the police. Something. Anything. But don't touch the girl". Really? If she had kept pressing on he had to wait for the police? Her woman-status gives her endless immunity? Again we seem to agree on what we saw, Hunt was overboard. I just don't get you guys putting women on angelic pedestals. and BTW police would do nothing, unless they arrest you as she would accuse you of violence - and that is if ever they arrive in time!

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

My view as well.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It shouldn't be a question of whether it's a major assault move. You just don't do that to a woman. No matter what. He had multiple opportunties to walk away, and he chose not to.

He should get canned from the league, but he won't. Again, if Michael Vick can get a multi-million dollar deal after hanging dogs from trees and holding their heads in buckets of water to drown them, I'm sure Kareem is bound for the Pro Bowl this year.

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Lol. You can’t be serious. 

I thought he was trolling, too. But he's not.

4 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

You know, we can agree on almost everything but for me considering it a shove while for you it's vile kick.  Nuances and degrees exist. 

I never said it was a vile kick, but I will say everything he did was vile. One can only imagine what he would have done in private.

22 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Hunt destroyed them both. Watch closely. Hunt is one powerful dude. He pushed the guy and girl to the ground. Then kicked her. 

I don’t think he pushed either of them the second time honestly. It looks like he’s just trying to break free from whoever was holding him back and that was bringing his momentum towards the hallway. Then the woman pushes his friend backwards and the two of them happened to collide. And since the guy was already off balance, it made him stumble into the woman who was then knocked over since she had her back turned at that point.

Hunt obviously initially pushed her before he was restrained and obviously lightly kicked her at the end, but most physical part of the altercation looks like it was an accident to me. If you slow the video down, it doesn’t look like he’s even looking at his friend or the woman when he knocks them over, and it doesn’t really make sense that he would want to push his own friend anyways (though nothing about this whole thing really makes logical sense to begin with).

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

He believes a 130lb women is capable of pushing a 240lb RB into a another huge guy into a women, knocking the man and women woozy. Sign Her now. 

I suspect he'll be back soon to explain why the woman getting pushed around like that is good if the Bills can somehow send Shady to the Chiefs for a second.

Hunt's behavior did not rise to the level of what Ray  Rice did. However, Rice's behavior shouldn't be any kind of a "standard." Hunt was no victim here. He is a grown man, an NFL athlete, with an entourage around him, and was never in any physical danger from this woman. She was certainly aggressive; but, Hunt had every opportunity to just walk in his room, close the door, and call hotel security or the police. He didn't do that. Instead he chose to be physically aggressive in response. Did he inflict serious bodily harm? No. However, I am not certain he wouldn't have had he not been restrained. IMO, what he did, while not resulting in any serious consequences, crossed the line. He should be suspended.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, wppete said:

The big Question is did KC and the NFL know about this incident and video prior to this season? 

KC spoke to the media about this in the off-season, so they at least knew about the incident. There’s been reports saying they both did and did not know about the video but I imagine they did. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

*picks up Spencer Ware on waiver wire*

I gave up fantasy football a long time ago because by week five or six I'd always forget to set my lineups and it became more of a chore than fun... 

Anyways, don't they still have Charcandrick West? Thought I saw him get some carries in the Rams game the other week. Not sure if he's RB2 or RB3 tho.

Oh, and this behavior from Hunt is disgusting. Kid should sit out the rest of the year for it.

Edited by blacklabel

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I don’t think he pushed either of them the second time honestly. It looks like he’s just trying to break free from whoever was holding him back and that was bringing his momentum towards the hallway. Then the woman pushes his friend backwards and the two of them happened to collide. And since the guy was already off balance, it made him stumble into the woman who was then knocked over since she had her back turned at that point.

Hunt obviously initially pushed her before he was restrained and obviously lightly kicked her at the end, but most physical part of the altercation looks like it was an accident to me. If you slow the video down, it doesn’t look like he’s even looking at his friend or the woman when he knocks them over, and it doesn’t really make sense that he would want to push his own friend anyways (though nothing about this whole thing really makes logical sense to begin with).

An accident? Lol. He was trying to get her. That's no accident. Look at the guy. He's hurting. That takes a lot of force. 

21 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

It's not really about how hard or gentle, it's about the act. That's what people are missing. The act is clear as day. 

I agree with you, but the act is always magnified by the result.  Case in point:  Ray Rice.  

It wasnt the punch that knocked her out.  She was in the motion of hitting him and off balance, he counter reacted with a hit-shove type move that caused her to lose her balance in a tight space where she fell and hit her head on a steel bar and thats what knocked her out.  Had that incident happened someplace where she just fell over and got back up, it still would have been bad, but he serves his 2 games and moves on.  But because the result was so terrible, and it was awful, the poor decision now is magnified (and rightfully so) substantially with much more severe consequences.  

I think we would all agree that driving drunk is a bad decision.  But if someone say damages their car trying to park while drunk and someone causes an accident taking someones life...do they have some the severity?  No, of course not.  Both began with the exact same bad decision, but both had very different results that create substantially different consequences.    

So while I fully agree the kick-shove move was certainly a poor choice, there was little force, no damage, and she went from squatting to just falling over a couple inches.  Its not nearly as severe as many are making it out to be in terms of the level of assault.  Certainly didn't appear to be a kick intended to hurt or cause harm and more of a get out of here motion.

I will say though, these athletes are just stupid for even putting themselves in these positions where at a moments notice a poor choice can go from no big deal to serious or tragic.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I gave up fantasy football a long time ago because by week five or six I'd always forget to set my lineups and it became more of a chore than fun... 

Anyways, don't they still have Charcandrick West? Thought I saw him get some carries in the Rams game the other week. Not sure if he's RB2 or RB3 tho.

Oh, and this behavior from Hunt is disgusting. Kid should sit out the rest of the year for it.

Pretty good write-up, fantasy-wise. They were all over this.

https://heavy.com/sports/2018/11/kareem-hunt-fantasy-football-waivers-chiefs-spencer-ware/

Edit: West is a free agent.

Edited by Golden Goat

12 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

An accident? Lol. He was trying to get her. That's no accident. Look at the guy. He's hurting. That takes a lot of force. 

He was certainly trying to get to her. There’s no doubt about that. I don’t think he intentionally pushed his friend though.

I didn't make it through all 8 pages of replies, but from what I did read from some of you, WOW! I couldn't care less what she called him and that she was in his face, he is literally throwing his buddies around trying to get to her. His friends are doing everything they can to contain him and he is going buck wild. 

This isn't a video of her kicking his ass and him finally snapping and hitting her back. This is a video of him throwing grown men and women around trying to get to her. 

I'm all about 2nd chances, BUT damn ... he better get no less than Ray Rice and it needs to be immediate. He doesnt get to play playoffs and possibly superbowl just to then get suspended the first 6 games next season.

• Like (+1) 1

Kareem Hunt's Accuser Gives Her Account To Police

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0-a1kfgvf3

23 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

KC spoke to the media about this in the off-season, so they at least knew about the incident. There’s been reports saying they both did and did not know about the video but I imagine they did. 

The incident was reported, we even had a thread about it on here. It’s just the video that is now surfacing. 

Just now, LVGrown said:

I didn't make it through all 8 pages of replies, but from what I did read from some of you, WOW! I couldn't care less what she called him and that she was in his face, he is literally throwing his buddies around trying to get to her. His friends are doing everything they can to contain him and he is going buck wild. 

This isn't a video of her kicking his ass and him finally snapping and hitting her back. This is a video of him throwing grown men and women around trying to get to her. 

I'm all about 2nd chances, BUT damn ... he better get no less than Ray Rice and it needs to be immediate. He doesnt get to play playoffs and possibly superbowl just to then get suspended the first 6 games next season.

superbowl? kc wont be in the dance but I agree, he should be suspended some games. as for the WOW factor regarding some of the replies, welcome to 21st century society where morals were left behind.

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

superbowl? kc wont be in the dance but I agree, he should be suspended some games. as for the WOW factor regarding some of the replies, welcome to 21st century society where morals were left behind.

I don't think they will either, it's more of the point. His actions need to have consequences and he needs to understand how much his actions affect everyone around him. 

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt if he shoved her away and went on with his night, but he was ready to box. This guy is an idiot. 

This is a pretty bad.

However, it is no where near the level of Ray Rice. Hunt pushed someone into her, and they both went to the ground. Then, he kicked her over, but not with full force. Ray Rice knocked his fiancé out cold with a closed fist, full force, right to the head.

He should definitely be suspended, and I'm sure he will. But, the comparisons to Rice are spurious.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/30/nfl-may-find-itself-in-a-tough-spot-over-the-kareem-hunt-video/

NFL may find itself in a tough spot over the Kareem Hunt video

The sudden emergence of a video from a February incident that previously received little attention raises an important question for the NFL, a question for which there may be no good answer.

What did the NFL know about the existence of the video that purportedly shows Chiefs running back Kareem Hunt shoving and kicking a woman at a Cleveland hotel?

If the league office, which surely knew about the incident, knew about the video and did nothing to Hunt, that could spark a firestorm of criticism. If the league office didn’t know about the video, there could still be a firestorm.

Much of the Ray Rice debate, as fueled to a fever pitch by an Associated Press report that the league had seen the video from inside a hotel elevator before it was published by TMZ, centered on whether the league should have taken steps to obtain the video, if the league had indeed not seen it. This time around, specific questions could be asked about why the NFL, with an in-house judicial process that supposedly investigates these matters independent of law enforcement, failed to secure (wait for it) surveillance video generated by cameras at a hotel.

Basically, the league either saw the video and did nothing (which isn’t good) or the league didn’t see the video because it failed to take steps to obtain it, thereby learning nothing from the Ray Rice fiasco (which isn’t good).

The question then becomes whether the NFL will try to downplay the incident, if for no reason other than to keep the story from developing to the point where questions about whether the league saw the video and/or whether the league should have seen the video are asked.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

Did she say she just met her that day?

Oh, that makes Kareem look MUCH better...<_<

And that makes HER look much better?

What's with you seeing these classless gals as beyond reproach? They can be as bad as some men can be bad.