Chiefs release Kareem Hunt after video from February incident surfaces

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Strange how TMZ can obtain these videos but somehow the NFL can not.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Howsabout you squat down to pick up your personal belongings and I come up and "lightly tap" you in the side hard enough that you go over?

Yeah, no big deal.  Just a light tap.

I think the original pushing would be NBD especially since he shoved his friend and it was the friend who sent the woman into the wall, arguably as an accident.

But going out of his way to come up and gratuitously kick the woman while she's crouching down picking up her belongings in no way matches your description above. 

To use my kid's terms, it seems "extra"

Strange how TMZ can obtain these videos but somehow the NFL can not.

$$$

Why would the NFL pay for a video they most likely don't want? 

1 minute ago, Uncle Joe said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

This guy gets it

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

She kept coming at him after they held him back. Where did he push her to ground. He pushed a guy. 

~1:14

She gets up, goes over towards the wall with her back to Hunt's group, and crouches down to pick up what appears to be a cell phone or other belongings.
Hunt turns, breaks free from whoever is trying to hold onto him, takes two steps and kicks her in the side or thigh hard enough that she goes to the ground.

Well with the media sensationalizing it this isnt that surprising.  But I have to say, I am little surprised Chiefs cut him so fast, they didn't do anything to Tyreek Hill, so thought they at least let this play out.  Then again, they are in middle of Super Bowl contention, maybe they wanted to cut the media circus and distraction.  

Hunt will be back in the league at some point, this isnt close to as bad as Ray Rice, and Rice was also close to washed up, so someone is gonna give him a break either next year or the year after.  I could see the Raiders making a play for him.

10 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Hunt goes from possibly highest paid RB in a year to out of the league. Wow. At least Ray Rice got paid.

At least everyone is hiring this time of year ... he'll land a job somewhere. JCPenny, Target, Macy's. He'll be fine. 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, but then when it comes out on TMZ and it's the old "we requested the video and no one would give it to us" again, it looks pretty weak sauce, dontcha think?

Ray Rice all over again. What did TMZ pay for the video? Whatever it is, the nfl can afford it. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, but then when it comes out on TMZ and it's the old "we requested the video and no one would give it to us" again, it looks pretty weak sauce, dontcha think?

Oh I agree but they can plead ignorance and still act high and mighty if it comes out while saving money

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

~1:14

She gets up, goes over towards the wall with her back to Hunt's group, and crouches down to pick up what appears to be a cell phone or other belongings.
Hunt turns, breaks free from whoever is trying to hold onto him, takes two steps and kicks her in the side or thigh hard enough that she goes to the ground.

so maybe he did it ? is that what you are suggesting?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Vegas + TMZ = VideoLeaks

5 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How would the people in his own locker room not just beat the living ***** out of him? If any of them have daughters, or sisters, or wives or mothers...Someone in that locker room should let him know that’s not okay with an absolute beat down

I get where you're coming from, but if it was a guy would you say "If any of them have sons, or brothers, or husbands or fathers,  would there be the same reaction? I was raised to treat women with respect and never hit a woman, but in this day and age why is hitting a woman viewed any different than hitting a man?

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Smart of the Chiefs to get out in front and release him before the first news cycle.

Kareem forgot the golden rule:  “don’t get caught on video”

I thought the golden rule was get a fall guy?? And the corollary is don't get caught on video

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Another great week for the Pats* I’m just going to sit back and hope like hell a TMZ video emerges depicting Brady, Gronkowski, and Edelman roughing up strippers at a Kentucky Derby after-party. 

They are more likely to be roughing up each other. Gronk watching sucking down tide pods. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All the witnesses also said they lied about being 21 and were told to leave when they found out they were 19 and they wouldnt leave and started altercation with Hunts girlfriend.  

"Hello, Concierge?  This is Mr Kareem Hunt in room Blee.  We have some guests here who are refusing to leave.  We asked them to leave when we learned they were underage.  Can you send up security to help us out here?  Thanks."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Imagine the uproar if NFL investigators were caught bribing someone with access to the video let alone bribing the person that knows the someone who has access to the video and the guy that knows a guy....

I'm assuming that's what it takes for TMZ to get what the NFL couldn't. I doubt TMZ invoked the Freedom of Information Act

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, greenyellowred said:

Over on the Chiefs forum, some are talking about going after Leveon Bell or CJ Spiller. Others want to stick with Ware.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=13923320&postcount=43

Don’t they have Spiller tucked away in a supply closet somewhere still from last season where they signed and released him like 8 different times?

• Haha (+1) 3