Pegulas mentioned by name in Eric Reid story

Big Turk

Eric Reid gave a more in depth interview about his whole break from the Players Coalition...in it he mentioned Terry Pegula by name and claims he said the kneeling situation was out of hand and it was costing him sponsors and they needed to make it go away and to throw some money at it if thats what it took.

Interesting how behind the scenes politics really work...we all know the owners are all about their money but its interesting when things come out that show it...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Eric Reid gave a more in depth interview about his whole break from the Players Coalition...in it he mentioned Terry Pegula by name and claims he said the kneeling situation was out of hand and it was costing him sponsors and they needed to make it go away and to throw some money at it if thats what it took.

Interesting how behind the scenes politics really work...we all know the owners are all about their money but its interesting when things come out that show it...

It’s not interesting at all.

Eric Reid sucks.

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

FYI:

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Let's not kid ourselves the players are about the money too

• Like (+1) 9

Right.  Pegula sat down with the players coalition, who anyone with eyes and ears knows uses the media to help their agenda and said:

"Hey guys, I totally get what this is all about and support it, but it's costing me money so can we chill?

Then he put a 1.1 Billion Dollars in a ditch, poured gasoline on it and lit it on fire all the while doing a jig.

Give me a break. 

• Like (+1) 4

56 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Thanks for posting this (don't think I saw it posted before).  Interesting look at things.  I would suspect a lot of behind the scenes operate similarly.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

This was reported many months ago, not new.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Eric Reid is a spoiled piece of ***** who thinks he’s entitled to take his politics into the workplace. Do you know what would happen to regular employees if they started getting political at work and it caused their employers headaches? Eric Reid’s stance is that he should be entitled to a roster spot and have the freedom to act however he wants. Who amongst us has that privilege? But I’m sure Eric Reid would discount everything I’m saying because I’m white and out of the two of us he’d probably suggest I’m the privileged one because of my skin color....

im so sick of these spoiled brats. 

• Like (+1) 11

The craziest part about the whole thing is that he still thinks he intercepted that ball and implied they didn't give it to him because the league is against him. :lol:

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

The real issue with what Reid said about Pegula is that will be all anyone hears. Terry Pegula isn't going to jump on Twitter or anywhere else and call out Reid. He can't. There's a collusion lawsuit going on. So Reid can poke whatever bear he wants to and nothing will happen to him until his contract is done. Besides, Pegula is way too classy to do anything other than what he has been doing. Then when no team will sign Reid, he'll go see Nike about a campaign ad. He'll get a payday just like Kaepernick did.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

Eric Reid is a spoiled piece of ***** who thinks he’s entitled to take his politics into the workplace. Do you know what would happen to regular employees if they started getting political at work and it caused their employers headaches? Eric Reid’s stance is that he should be entitled to a roster spot and have the freedom to act however he wants. Who amongst us has that privilege? But I’m sure Eric Reid would discount everything I’m saying because I’m white and out of the two of us he’d probably suggest I’m the privileged one because of my skin color....

First time anyone brought up this argument. Nice work.  They aren't 'regular' employees, so the comparison ends there.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Sounds a little self-serving to me. 

Here's the New York Times story when the meeting took place.  While Pegs comes off as naive, he's not quite the guy Reid makes him out to be:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/25/sports/nfl-owners-kaepernick.html

The Buffalo Bills owner Terry Pegula sounded anguished over the uncertainty of when Trump would take another shot at the league. “All Donald needs to do is to start to do this again,” Pegula said. “We need some kind of immediate plan because of what’s going on in society. All of us now, we need to put a Band-Aid on what’s going on in the country.”

Pegula complained that the league was “under assault.” He unloaded a dizzying flurry of nautical metaphors to describe their predicament. “To me, this is like a glacier moving into the ocean,” he said. “We’re getting hit with a tsunami.” He expressed his wish that the league never be “a glacier crawling into the ocean.”

Pegula offered that he thought the league was battling a perception and “media problem.” He said it would be great for the league to find a compelling spokesman — preferably a player — to promote all of the good things they were doing together. He suggested that the league could learn from the gun lobby in this regard.

“For years we’ve watched the National Rifle Association use Charlton Heston as a figurehead,” Pegula said. “We need a spokesman.”

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

You should find the video of the interview and give it a listen.  Based on your post, I don't think you saw it.  He elaborates on his decision to split from the Malcom Jenkins led players coalition.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Reid has been an idiot since he came into the league 

What makes him an idiot?

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Sounds a little self-serving to me. 

Here's the New York Times story when the meeting took place.  While Pegs comes off as naive, he's not quite the guy Reid makes him out to be:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/25/sports/nfl-owners-kaepernick.html

The Buffalo Bills owner Terry Pegula sounded anguished over the uncertainty of when Trump would take another shot at the league. “All Donald needs to do is to start to do this again,” Pegula said. “We need some kind of immediate plan because of what’s going on in society. All of us now, we need to put a Band-Aid on what’s going on in the country.”

Pegula complained that the league was “under assault.” He unloaded a dizzying flurry of nautical metaphors to describe their predicament. “To me, this is like a glacier moving into the ocean,” he said. “We’re getting hit with a tsunami.” He expressed his wish that the league never be “a glacier crawling into the ocean.”

Pegula offered that he thought the league was battling a perception and “media problem.” He said it would be great for the league to find a compelling spokesman — preferably a player — to promote all of the good things they were doing together. He suggested that the league could learn from the gun lobby in this regard.

“For years we’ve watched the National Rifle Association use Charlton Heston as a figurehead,” Pegula said. “We need a spokesman.”

Pegs wants a Band-aid, McDermott likes to rip them off. Perfect. Everyone gets what they want.

2 hours ago, fridge said:

Bias will destroy any meaningful debate on this subject

The only argument to be made is when someone puts up 1.4 Billion he should have his voice heard when the actions of his employees start to lose him money.

45 minutes ago, klos63 said:

First time anyone brought up this argument. Nice work.  They aren't 'regular' employees, so the comparison ends there.

Yeah they are. 

27 minutes ago, stony said:

You should find the video of the interview and give it a listen.  Based on your post, I don't think you saw it.  He elaborates on his decision to split from the Malcom Jenkins led players coalition.  

I don’t care about the interview. All this nonsense should have ended the day it began giving the league a black eye. They’re employees. If they want to speak their mind, fine. But at work, don’t cause your employer grief and do your damn job without being a distraction. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Yeah, which is why Colin and Eric have been employed for so long after this all went down.  They weren't normal employees, they were unfireable.

Eric Reid is currently a football player. That is what he is likely best at and it is also what he is getting paid by an owner of a team to do. Every place of employment I have ever been has had rules that you had to adhere to. When the boss told you something then that is what you have to do, like it or not. Being employed by any company is not your right, it is a privilege. Whether you take that for granted or not is up to you. Your employer doesn't owe you anything outside of the paycheck you signed on for when you work x amount of hours. If you do something that costs them money then you more than likely will lose that job. We had an engineer who thought it was his right to close a certain valve at the plant. That engineer shut down a whole process and ended up costing the company about 1.75 million $$$ in lost product and repair costs. You know where he was a month later? Looking for another job. Eric Reid comes off to me as angry and entitled. Guess what? No one has to give him a contract. He can kick rocks, cry foul, put use to his degree, or become an activist on his own. Is it his right to protest? ABSOLUTELY. That has never been questioned by me, that these guys all have a right to protest. I don't have a problem with what they are protesting for. My issue is the crying you're not getting an NFL contract because of it. If any of us prove to be detrimental to our previous employer do you believe you will get a job because of that, especially if that outweighs what you bring to the table? I think not. Seems like common sense to me. Basically what I am saying is there is a time and place for everything. You want to protest or be an activist then do it on your own time. If you are getting paid to play football then be about football during that time. Simple. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

But they are, so you are wrong. They can use their free time as they see fit, when the uniform is on it’s somebody else time & dime....

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

LOL....wtf??

Pegula needs "a compelling spokesman".

7 minutes ago, Fred Clause said:

What makes him an idiot is fighting for a cause that is garbage, complaining that a few idiots who couldn’t follow simple instructions of LEO’S and died because of it is ridiculous. A simple review of arrest statistics shows the number of blacks killed by Law Enforcement where they weren’t reason for the action shows the number is irrelevant. 

What in the hell are you trying to say here.  I read it three times and I felt dumber each time.

• Haha (+1) 4