Browns: HC Hue Jackson fired

BeastMode54

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Wow.  All weekend the speculation was that Haley was about to get canned.  Looks like Hue took the fall and now its down to Greggo or Toad.

Gotta go with Toad. Players just can’t get motivated playing for a coach with boobs.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, ProcessAccepted said:

That's really got to suck. They let you suffer through 2 years of no real talent, then they bring in talent plus a rookie qb and you're out in half a season. I would have given him the full year.

Or they realized hes worthless....it finally took them a talented roster for them to figure it out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

Where has Hue ever had success?   

Cleveland,he won 1 then 0 then 2 he would be perfect for a half decade of tank ;)

The 20's would be like the new 90's with all those early picks ;) 

I would love to see the Bills bring Hue Jackson is as a QB coach to help with Allen's development. I think that it is a great position for Jackson to reboot his coaching career, and would be better than "the never been a QB coach" til now option the Bills currently have.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25118191/browns-fire-coach-hue-jackson-two-plus-seasons

The Cleveland Browns have fired coach Hue Jackson, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday.

The Browns are 2-5-1 this season, doubling the win total from Jackson's first two seasons with the team. Cleveland was 1-15 in his first season and 0-16 last season.

In depth reporting all 3 paragraphs 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

10 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

It was absolutely mind boggling they brought back a coach with a 1-31 record

This^

Not sure what they expected with Tyrod and rookie Mayfield this year anyway. Whomever gets the HC nod there long term has great building blocks.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

That's really got to suck. They let you suffer through 2 years of no real talent, then they bring in talent plus a rookie qb and you're out in half a season. I would have given him the full year.

A real coach has the browns at 6-2! He was that bad!!

2 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

Absolutely not. We need continuity for a change. This constant HC carousel is killing me

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

This^

Not sure what they expected with Tyrod and rookie Mayfield this year anyway. Whomever get the HC nod there long term has great building blocks.

IIRC last season they played every draft pick and didn't chase (hardly) anyone in FA.  

so to me that gave him a buffer....  but not this year 

6 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

It was absolutely mind boggling they brought back a coach with a 1-31 record

Hue Jackson day.    

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TremaineAve said:

What do you expected our record to be in two years? Asking honestly.

I am not sure I am following the relevance to be honest.

Probably like 4-12 this year. Impossible to say next year as they have tons of cap space and draft picks. Will be a very different team.

• Like (+1) 2

Welp, that answers the question posed in the "Who gets fired first?" thread.

Adios, Hue. 3-36-1 in his two and a half seasons with the Browns. Woof.

The rumor has always been that Hue was the guy Whaley wanted before they hired Rex. At the time, I thought Hue would've been the better hire. Many people felt he did a lot with a bad Raiders team in 2011 and his skills as an OC have always been respected. But now that we've seen what he did when given time... I guess maybe Rex was the better choice? Check that... I still think I would've gone with Hue because word had it was that when he interviewed he said he would keep Jim Schwartz and focus on offense. 

Ah well, hindsight. Wonder where he'll end up...

Just now, blacklabel said:

Welp, that answers the question posed in the "Who gets fired first?" thread.

Adios, Hue. 3-36-1 in his two and a half seasons with the Browns. Woof.

The rumor has always been that Hue was the guy Whaley wanted before they hired Rex. At the time, I thought Hue would've been the better hire. Many people felt he did a lot with a bad Raiders team in 2011 and his skills as an OC have always been respected. But now that we've seen what he did when given time... I guess maybe Rex was the better choice? Check that... I still think I would've gone with Hue because word had it was that when he interviewed he said he would keep Jim Schwartz and focus on offense. 

Ah well, hindsight. Wonder where he'll end up...

Rex and Hue are actually very similar personality types.  Both are big talkers, neither has produced much.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I am not sure I am following the relevance to be honest.

Probably like 4-12 this year. Impossible to say next year as they have tons of cap space and draft picks. Will be a very different team.

just like cleveland had.

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I used to like Hue Jackson but he was not impressive during Hard Knocks. He was begging players and coaches to do things his way. I was not impressed. That said, I wish him luck. 

When Oakland fired him, I thought he got a raw deal.  After watching him on Hard Knocks, I thought Oakland was right because he's not head coaching material. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

just like cleveland had.

Ok. I’m not saying the Bills are going to be good next year. They may very well be horrible again.

I am just saying it’s impossible to predict at this point due to the huge cap space and draft picks they possess.

Another huge factor is how/if Allen will progress once he comes back from injury. 

Just way too many factors to predict the Bills record next year at this point in the season.