Report: Bills have discussed trading KB

YoloinOhio

What will the Bills get in return?  

393 members have voted

1. 1. KB will yield...

There isnt much value in KB right now- that said he hits FA and we arent going to resign him so the Bills may as well try and get a 5-6 for him. The larger stockpile of picks can aid in mobility during the draft or allow us to draft someone that is flying under the radar. 

46 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

As frustrating as he has been, he’s at worst our 2nd best WR. I want to bring in better WRs, not lose the 1 or 2 borderline passable ones we have. Sign Pryor and K. Wright and then you can get rid of KB. Don’t get rid of him and replace him with nothing.

Allen definitely needs someone to throw the ball to- I agree with your logic. At least bring in Prior then dump KB. Heck, Prior can be the number 3 QB as well and we can rid ourselves of Pick Six Peterman.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Idandria said:

He has been playing so bad he has no value right now. And the Bills are seriously shopping the guy? Truly makes you wonder what McBeane is smoking. Let’s try and trade a guy who has been playing like total crap and has an awful attitude. Teams will be lined up around the block to start a bidding war ?

Yea, prob better to get 8 games of trash play and nothing in return than to at least see if someone wants him

16 minutes ago, Steptide said:

As disappointing as kb has been, if u trade him, does this team just run on every down? I mean the bills are REALLY handicapping any qb that is starting 

If KB is half running routes, he’s doing more damage than good anyway 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

As frustrating as he has been, he’s at worst our 2nd best WR. I want to bring in better WRs, not lose the 1 or 2 borderline passable ones we have. Sign Pryor and K. Wright and then you can get rid of KB. Don’t get rid of him and replace him with nothing.

Why??  He does nothing and shows it so much....nothing is going to be accomplished the rest of this season sorry to say.....get rid of the dead wood if someone is willing to bite......KB has shown no effort whatsoever.....

56 minutes ago, Steptide said:

As disappointing as kb has been, if u trade him, does this team just run on every down? I mean the bills are REALLY handicapping any qb that is starting 

I’m surprised we haven’t seen a “Bring back Reilly” response yet

2 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

Who the hell would want him?  The dude runs like he has a piano on his back.

He is a skinny tight end that doesn't block or catch very well. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I wouldn't trade him. The past couple weeks he has looked like a decent #2 which is better than anything else we have. If he continues to actually catch the ball he could be a safety valve for Josh Allen for years to come.

Except that he is a free agent after this season and he'll likely be signed by another team not as familiar with his shortcomings as the Bills.  The off-season, the season of optimism, is when players like KB get signed for more than they are worth. 

Edited by keepthefaith

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think you've just defined "the process" that McDermott is always yapping about.

50 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

He is a skinny tight end that doesn't block or catch very well. 

Except that he is a free agent after this season and he'll likely be signed by another team not as familiar with his shortcomings as the Bills.  The off-season, the season of optimism, is when players like KB get signed for more than they are worth. 

I bet he goes to a team with a decent offense and suddenly flourishes -- just like most of the other players McDermott and Beane have cut loose in their short tenure.

Edited by SoTier

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Why?

Why keep him? Despite popular opinion I believe he is really trying to step it up the last few weeks. Call me crazy but I'd prefer to keep the last can of beans on my shelf rather than give it away for some obscure pic in the future.

whatever,  just keep him if you can't get anything for him, until the replacements come next year, which they will.  $60-70m of cap space and 10 draft picks will do that.

This season is a good training camp for all this years draft picks, all of whom look really good.   I like that they put Allen in there and didn't make him sit for a year. He's getting a nice break now to watch and learn.   He'll come back better I believe. 

Trust the process. 

Edited by ProcessTruster
more to say

9 hours ago, Steptide said:

I would sign someone off of our or another team’s PS (can replicate his production I’m sure and probably give much better effort) or, preferably, trade for a better WR to replace him.

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

Carolina is the only team that he trades with.

Looks like you missed a ton of trades 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

And yet, he doesn't seem motivated to salvage his reputation at Buffalo.  Why would he try any harder somewhere else?  

perhaps if he thought there were a playoff run or a chance to get a ring, he might try a little harder. or if he went somewhere he could play against Carolina. or, maybe he is just very moody and inconsistent in general and there is no scenario where he efforts to live up to his potential.

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Looks like you missed a ton of trades 

We have done multiple trades with other teams under this regime as well as the multiple trades with Carolina too. At least two with the Browns and two with the Chiefs. That is without including the Dareus, Watkins and Darby trades.

Do I think he's worth a 3-5 based upon production - no.  That said, I wouldn't trade him for less than a 5th.  Despite his lack of production, he's the best bet (physically) to be a tool that can help develop Allen in the second half of the season.  

He will be an FA likely not to resign here so get what you can.  If anyone else fits that mold trade them to.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I wonder if Denver would do a straight swap for DT? They unload a bad contract and we unload an unhappy player?

And DT would be happy here?

14 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Well we wouldn't be publicly shopping him because he's underperforming. And Keenum hasn't exactly lit the world on fire this year. I think it'd be a step in the right direction.

I think DT is a bad option for Buffalo right now.  He would not be happy and in the long run it is not good for the Bills.  The quarterbacks will not magically be able throw to DT in any rhythm because he's DT.   You need to fix QB first then worry about WR's.  This team is building for the future, acquiring aging overpriced vets seems like the wrong approach.  LOL not to mention did anyone look at his contract for next year?  LOL no wonder they are trying to trade him.

Edited by mattynh

Just now, mattynh said:

I think DT is a bad option for Buffalo right now.  He would not be happy and in the long run it is not good for the Bills.  The quarterbacks will not magically be able throw to DT in any rhythm because he's DT.   You need to fix QB first then worry about WR's.  This team is building for the future, acquiring aging overpriced vets seems like the wrong approach.

Veteran WRs are a young QBs best friend. I disagree completely with nearly the entire premise of your post. Part of the reason our QBs are struggling is because we ignored WR in the first place.

13 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

WEO, I think if someone thought that his skills were being wasted in Buffalo (I'm not saying us, I'm saying "someone") and that KB could help their team on a playoff push.

If someone has a television and cable TV, they would see that whatever talent KB has, is not being wasted in Buffalo...

Also, that someone would know that he will be available shortly for no picks.

Remember, this is a guy who, just a few months ago was complaining that Cam Newton messed up his stats!   He's a bum.