Bills vs. Packers 1st Half Game Day Thread

26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Allen needed to just toss that ball away  Should be 13-3 now its 16-0  He needs to stay in the pocket and quick leaving to his right  Lot of rookie stuff to get cleaned up

There were three guys who came clean at him...There is no way he is in the pocket on that play.  

1 minute ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Weve been awful but hughes was held practically the entire first half and nothing was called. Blatant holding too. But no calls going against us is par for the course

The holding has been ridiculous, but what do ya expect the Packers been complaining about the refs for 3 weeks. The NFL loves them, they are gonna get the calls

Weve been awful but hughes was held practically the entire first half and nothing was called. Blatant holding too. But no calls going against us is par for the course

then maybe instead of blitzing once in a half , maybe they should consider that again....especially on that side!

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

No doubt

He looks lost like a little boy scared and confused. I know his wr's absolutely suck but his instinctual pocket timer is way off.

His instinct is to take off running after 2 seconds in the pocket whether there is pressure or not. Often times he has a pocket to step up into but he wants to run to his right time and time again.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

image.png.c0bc116b09e0e7a82ed38705f95e20c8.png

Allen has a chance to be biggest bust in Bills history.

Average QB in college will be good starting QB in NFL. Yeah.

If Peterman had this first half, everyone would cite it as proof that he doesn't belong in NFL. With Allen, we are supposed to make up excuses for him.

Err, I don't know if you've heard, Peterman had a MUCH worse first half when he was a rookie.

So far today Allen looks like every terrible scouting report we read on him before the draft. 

I hope he can settle down during half time, come out and play a respectable 2nd half because right now he doesn’t look like he’s ready to be starting in the NFL, to be perfectly honest. 

Kid just struggling today. He just looks like a rookie in over his head with no help around him. 

I really hope we see something in this second half. I’d like to be able to take something, anything positive from this game. I am usually pretty good at finding something positive in all the negative. But so far today I got nothing... 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

If Peterman had this first half, everyone would cite it as proof that he doesn't belong in NFL. With Allen, we are supposed to make up excuses for him.

Yeah, it's funny how that works.

Just now, MDH said:

His instinct is to take off running after 2 seconds in the pocket whether there is pressure or not. Often times he has a pocket to step up into but he wants to run to his right time and time again.

He doesn't trust the protection  Hopefully they are able to coach him out of that

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well people did want Allen to start. They all wanted to see what he could do. He's your #7 pick. Play him. He'll make everyone better.

Well there you go.

...so if he doesn't start, what would you suggest?........PeteredOut?...sign a vet?...just curious........Allen will have and is having growing pains............

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Nope, he better learn to diagnose blitzes fast or he will be out of the NFL in a couple years.

Its been much more than that. This is one of the worst officiated games I can recall. Block in the back on the quick screen, Hughes flailing his arms multiple times whike being held...he was literally being choked to his knees from behind. Its been horribly one sided. 

That said, Allen looks pretty bad, cant get the run going, Daboll is calling a bad game, and the defense looks like hot garbage.