Who Starts At QB For Week 2? (Poll)

Paulus

Who starts?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who should and who will start week 2?

• Nate should start and will.
    • Nate should start but won't.
    • Josh should start and will.
    • Josh should start but wont.

Neither should start.

Peterman has looked terrible in 3 NFL starts.  He was so bad that he got pulled in 2 of the 3.

Whoever starts behind this line is going to get killed

So I hate to say this but stick with Peterman.  Let him take the hits and enjoy his time as an NFL starter while serving as bubble wrap for Allen

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

No way McDermott can trot Peterman out there unless he wants to lose this team. It's one thing to play well in training camp and the preseason but this team has watched Peterman go into REAL NFL games and play as bad as you possible can play twice now in games that didn't have a whiteout.  When a player plays his worst when the games count the most there is no way his teammates can have confidence in him and Peterman simply looks scared and like he never has played football in his life before in real games

Sure, but what about the "process?"

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Allen had more yards running than Peterman did passing.  Start the kid and maybe look to sign a veteran like Matt Moore.

This. This. And This Again.

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

There’s no reason why Peterman should ever start again. None.

Agreed. He can't play. Anyone holding out any remaining hope is simply lying to themselves. He can't play.

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That was my point. That would have been true if he did it at halftime. But the game was basically over when he put Josh in. This came across as the outcome isn't in doubt, let's get the rook some reps more than we talked it over at half and we're benching Nate like we did last year. 

I sort of agree with what you’re saying in theory, but was the outcome really in doubt at halftime? IMO they could have pulled him then and still gone back to him next week. It’s not like he was struggling but the D was holding it to a two score game, it was 26-0. I absolutely don’t think they should go back to peterman, but if they do I don’t think it would look any different if they pulled him at half versus waiting til when they did. 

If McDermott trots Peterman out there and Peterman crashes in flames again, McDermott will look like a blithering idiot for even attempting to play him.

Nathan Peterman: three NFL starts and has yet to complete a game.

It will be Allen.

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

If McDermott trots Peterman out there and Peterman crashes in flames again, McDermott will look like a blithering idiot for even attempting to play him.

Nathan Peterman: three NFL starts and has yet to complete a game.

It will be Allen.

Yep.  Fool me once...shame on you.  Fool me twice.....and then 3 times?

You get nothing out of Peterman.  You're basically telling the players and fan base that you're incapable of making the right decision at QB.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Kirby revealed last week that there are players in the locker room that don't like McDermott. If he starts Peterman next week there will be 52 of them. Seriously with that clown at QB this team is hurtling towards 0-16. He. Can. Not. Play. 

I must have missed this. Could you summarize what was said? 

And I agree. You trot him back out there and you risk losing the team IMO

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yep.  Fool me once...shame on you.  Fool me twice.....and then 3 times?

You get nothing out of Peterman.  You're basically telling the players and fan base that you're incapable of making the right decision at QB.

You are 100% correct.

The sad thing is, I like McDermott but I’m not so sure he knows what he is doing with his QB’s and that does scare me.

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

You are 100% correct.

The sad thing is, I like McDermott but I’m not so sure he knows what he is doing with his QB’s and that does scare me.

I like McDermott too and I'm scared for the same reason.  

Is McDermott blinded by his confidence in Nate or has Nate really looked that good in practice and he's just been a total letdown?  I know McDermott didn't think of Peterman as a franchise potential because we took Allen but man, how is there so much disconnect between practice and live games with Nate?

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I must have missed this. Could you summarize what was said? 

And I agree. You trot him back out there and you risk losing the team IMO

@Kirby Jackson is better placed to do so though than me. Basically just that he knows of 3 people still on the team and 4 people no longer on the team who do not get on with McDermott.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

This. This. And This Again.

Agreed. He can't play. Anyone holding out any remaining hope is simply lying to themselves. He can't play.

He can’t be on the roster anymore IMO. Peterman should have taken his last ever NFL snap yesterday. 5th round scrubs come and go all of the time in this league. They certainly don’t keep getting opportunities after performing worse than ANY QB EVER!! Sign Moore, cut Peterman and let’s put this nightmare behind us.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He can’t be on the roster anymore IMO. Peterman should have taken his last ever NFL snap yesterday. 5th round scrubs come and go all of the time in this league. They certainly don’t keep getting opportunities after performing worse than ANY QB EVER!! Sign Moore, cut Peterman and let’s put this nightmare behind us.

If there's a time to take a page out of the Chan Gailey playbook, this is the week.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

@Kirby Jackson is better placed to do so though than me. Basically just that he knows of 3 people still on the team and 4 people no longer on the team who do not get on with McDermott.

Without revealing the specific players there are some that don’t trust him. I’d imagine that the number is rising today. McDermott has said some things to people and then acted differently. There are (and were) a few that hate(d) him. It had nothing to do with the Tyrod situation either. I think naturally that’s what people assume. He actually apologized to the team about that. It has more to do with people’s roles. He has been straight with everyone.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

They say that weed these days is SUPER potent.

It has to be to say Peterman should start??

Weren’t you smoking that just last week?

8 hours ago, Paulus said:

I'm personally amazed there are still Petermaniacs out there. I was just curious to see if they are just loud, or if there really are that many.

I'm sticking with my "Peterman should start so Allen doesn't die" position.

47 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Without revealing the specific players there are some that don’t trust him. I’d imagine that the number is rising today. McDermott has said some things to people and then acted differently. There are (and were) a few that hate(d) him. It had nothing to do with the Tyrod situation either. I think naturally that’s what people assume. He actually apologized to the team about that. It has more to do with people’s roles. He has been straight with everyone.

that's interesting to hear. I would have have thought he was sort of a players coach. winning with that lack of talent last year would imply to me players were really buying in. 

but then again I guess you cant please everyone. that's a lot of alpha's in one room with different personality profiles. any coaches style is probably bound to rub certain people the wrong way. hopefully it doesn't escalate or spread.

thanks for sharing.

25 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'm sticking with my "Peterman should start so Allen doesn't die" position.

i think this is the way i'm leaning too.  last year on opening day the patriots saw a 21-0 4th qtr  getting it handed to them by k.c. at home.......in good weather.

my biggest beef yesterday was ducasse....no extra/lead blocker  and frazier is starting to look like the dennison of defense.  it's still too early to subject josh to that kind of beating.

i'm also disappointed with the passing attack being basically...throw to kb no matter what.

Edited by billsredneck1

7 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There is no doubt that at halftime he was considering it. He had to be. If he wasn't we are in trouble. He then made the decision to start Nate in the third. That wasn't a crazy decision. I personally wouldn't have but I could understand why he made that choice. If he benched Nate then it would be really hard to go back and start him. If he waited until the game was out of hand, which he did, he could then go either way. 

maybe he figured adjustments made at half time would turn things around but flacco still had all day to throw.  i think it was pretty hard headed to throw to kb and hand it to shady nonstop.  the offense was as innovative as toilet paper.

9 hours ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

We traded the wrong QB.  We should've kept AJM.  I thought he looked better than freaking Nate.  Plus he's been around the league a little longer.  Damn this regime for keeping Nate.

He didn't look better than Nate.....but it seems that Nate only looks good in shorts and the pre-season. ?‍♂️ Some people tried telling me this....but I drank the kool-aid. Now I am regretting it :\. Put Allen out there till he puts up a worse performance....then put McCoy out there....didn't he play QB in pee-wee or something? :P

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think the Petermaniacs are in hiding and likely to wait a while to come back.

One of them is rummaging around today as troll, though. Pretty hilarious.

i will step up. i'm still trying to shake the feeling that it was just a horrible dream.  but....it was game one in crap conditions and we didn't sacrifice the rookie. i voted start nate next week until they can see what kind ass whooping the chargers are dialing up. .... and tell josh to keep his helmet on.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's bad enough they drafted the guy (thought they saw something), and then inserted him last year (thought he was ready, part 1), and then let him start THIS year (thought he was ready, part 2)...if they start Peterman again I'll have 0 faith in the coaches' Qb judging abilities.

I'm ALREADY pretty down on said abilities, and man does that worry me about Allen.

Allen HAS to start for so many reasons.

• He's way better. Way better arm, more athletic, and harder to sack
  • It's our 1st home game
  • The Chargers would eat Peterman alive; again
  • If we started Peterman in our home opener, our fans would be PO'ed like crazy, in game 1; not a good look

4 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Neither should start.

Peterman has looked terrible in 3 NFL starts.  He was so bad that he got pulled in 2 of the 3.

Whoever starts behind this line is going to get killed

So I hate to say this but stick with Peterman.  Let him take the hits and enjoy his time as an NFL starter while serving as bubble wrap for Allen

i have to agree with this. let's give nate a shot in good weather at home. i can only imagine what it must have been like for 3 hrs. in the pouring rain with your oline getting thrashed.

let nate take the pounding for now but have josh keep his helmet on.

• Like (+1) 1

On OTHER NFL teams, a half dozen have the GOAT or certifiable, first ballot entrants to Canton. The rest of the top half, have good to very good QBs. The next large group has serviceable QBs with occasional excellent performances.

The Bills are in the bottom six, where misfits, question marks, also Rams and trash reign.

And with the rest of these stiffs, the QB position is NOT the sole issue! For virtually the entire Millennium at OBD, the QB search is never, ever the capper- the star on the top of the tree.

Rather this year,  it's the QB + ALL 3WRs + an entire Offensive Line! They are ALL trash and the GMs at OBD, only appear to move forward, by subtraction. One positive move, combined with 4 steps back! Management has done such a woeful job, that they are always looking for multiple pieces, rather than whittling it down to one- as all the excellent NFL managements accomplish!

Sure, put in the Rook. But, who is he throwing to and who will be preventing him from being crushed?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Weren’t you smoking that just last week?

Man...... I can’t remember...... it’s all so hazy....?

• Haha (+1) 1

Absolutely start NP. Allen is to good of a prospect to be thrown to the wolves guys. The whole team stunk up the field but the bulk of the blame should go on the coaches. The receivers are clearly not getting it done so why they ain’t using that high paid tight end more has me stumped.  Not to mention McCoy is a great RB but last I checked he can catch too. Make them sorry WR’s do some blocking and hit McCoy on some short passes and let his legs get some yardage. They have options they just have to get a little more creative with their play calling. Both QB’s are pretty much rookies so simplify the offense around what the QB’s can do and let them both develop into what they want them to do.