Who Starts At QB For Week 2? (Poll)

Paulus

Who starts?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who should and who will start week 2?

• Nate should start and will.
    • Nate should start but won't.
    • Josh should start and will.
    • Josh should start but wont.

6 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Not after watching preseason and watching him pick apart the Carolina defense like he was shooting fish in a barrel... no.

:doh:

Look, I’m a mod, I’m on here a lot, I read this board a lot.  And that’s just wrong, even for just this board.  Some of the folks who felt that way shut up, because “Go Bills!”, not wanting to beat a dead horse, hoping for the best, etc etc etc but even then, there were folks who agreed between AJ, Allen and Peterman the latter won the competition but still warning “preseason is preseason, doesn’t always transfer to regular season” and that winning over AJ and a raw rookie was a low bar to clear.

I will admit to hoping that Daboll had a plan that would utilize Peterman and the run game and OL effectively, and to being proven woefully wrong on that point personally.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

:doh:

Look, I’m a mod, I’m on here a lot, I read this board a lot.  And that’s just wrong, even for just this board.  Some of the folks who felt that way shut up, because “Go Bills!”, not wanting to beat a dead horse, hoping for the best, etc etc etc but even then, there were folks who agreed between AJ, Allen and Peterman the latter won the competition but still warning “preseason is preseason, doesn’t always transfer to regular season” and that winning over AJ and a raw rookie was a low bar to clear.

I will admit to hoping that Daboll had a plan that would utilize Peterman and the run game and OL effectively, and to being proven woefully wrong on that point personally.

Again, I agree and I think you're missing the point. Yes, I understand that the preseason doesn't transfer to the regular season. That is painfully obvious. But if you have two guys that are essentially in a competition, and one very obviously and blatantly outperforms the other, are you supposed to start the guy that lost the competition, simply because "preseason doesn't transfer to the regular season"?

Is that the coaching decision you'd have made, start the guy who played worse because you have a crystal ball?

Edited by CLTbills

1 hour ago, Jobot said:

If getting benched ruins someones career because of psychological stress... then they were never going to mount to much anyways in the NFL.

Absolutely. If you can’t handle getting benched then you can’t handle starting. 

Most of the winners in the league refer to the setbacks and adversities they encountered as what made them who they are. 

QBs need to be the most mentally tough guys on the field. 

All of these ‘could’ve beens’ broken by adversity were really just ‘never gonna be’s’

1 hour ago, donbb said:

The Jets will have more. The Jets also seem to be able to identify talent in the trenches which the Bills do not.

Their GM and head coach just entered their 4th season together. Amazing what a little continuity can do. There are folks here ready to fire McDermott and Beane after the first game of their 2nd season. 

36 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I agree... however I think anyone that watched the preseason would agree that Peterman won the job and looked the best out of the 3 QB's we had. Everything that he had showed us, showed us that he was a halfway competent NFL QB. Now, why that's not transferring to the Regular Season? I have no clue. Something loose upstairs?

All I'm saying is, hindsight is always 20/20. Not a single person saw this happening after how good Peterman performed in the preseason. Disclaimer : I am NOT A PETERMAN FAN! I'm just trying to look at it objectively.

The problem is that the coach and gm should have been smart enough to know that 80% completion rate from Peterman was not going to be the norm and they should not have based the decision on starting QB on that stat!

4 minutes ago, Southtown Tommy said:

The problem is that the coach and gm should have been smart enough to know that 80% completion rate from Peterman was not going to be the norm and they should not have based the decision on starting QB on that stat!

Again, I think they did understand that he wasn't going to have an 80% completion rate. But as I've already posted.... If one guy very obviously outperforms the other in an "open competition", what are you supposed to do.... start the guy who LOST that competition? 

I'm just saying. Hindsight is always 20/20, look at it through an objective lens, not an emotional one after we got our a$$es spanked.

The next 4-5 months will be much less stressful, if Bills fans can just understand and accept that 2018 is a rebuilding year.

Josh Allen will be named the starter eventually.

And guess what?  Our offense is still going to struggle, and look very bad for much of the year.

All the people screaming for the coaching staff to throw in Allen, will probably give him about 5 quarters of football before declaring him a bust.

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It's so dumb.

I'm old enough to remember our fans chasing Marrone out of town after his 2nd sesson and laughing all the way. Apparently anyone could have taken a team led by EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton to 9-7. And did you know he had nothing to do with the defense? Sure his next team has arguably the best defense in the league and he took them to the AFC Championship with Blake Bortles as his QB, and the next guy that took over here ruined the defense, but the fans know best.

Edited by HappyDays

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I'm old enough to remember our fans chasing Marrone out of town after his 2nd sesson and laughing all the way. Apparently anyone could have taken a team led by EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton to 9-7. And did you know he had nothing to do with the defense? Sure his next team has arguably the best defense in the league and he took them to the AFC Championship with Blake Bortles as his QB, and the next guy that took over here ruined the defense, but the fans know best.

Marrone quit, he was, and still is, a flaming idiot.  You can keep him.  He did hire Schartz so +1.  He stumbled upon that D roster down there.  

Just now, mannc said:

The fact that it is Tuesday morning and Peterman has not been released yet is a very bad sign.  It shows McBeane’s delusional thinking and inability to evaluate the most important position in sports.  

Shirley you can't think release is the correct action.  

1 hour ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Who's Peterson?

I wish we had Peterson.

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Marrone quit, he was, and still is, a flaming idiot.  You can keep him.  He did hire Schartz so +1.  He stumbled upon that D roster down there.  

That's right the defense sucked when he was here ?

I hate Marrone just as much as the next Bills fan but when you've been a head coach two times and you have a top tier defense two times there just may be a legit argument to be made that defenses on his teams are very good. Let's be honest...

10 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Again, I think they did understand that he wasn't going to have an 80% completion rate. But as I've already posted.... If one guy very obviously outperforms the other in an "open competition", what are you supposed to do.... start the guy who LOST that competition? 

I'm just saying. Hindsight is always 20/20, look at it through an objective lens, not an emotional one after we got our a$$es spanked.

past performance is the crystal ball.  Was he grossly out performed?  Aj won the emotional comeback.  He finished that game off.  Didnt they go out and sign him because they thought they needed him?  So they get a guy who's won an NCAA championship. He can handle the pressure.  He's played admirably in a playoff game.  He doesnt turn it over.  Infantile or not these guys are showing they are reaching.  If they believed in Peterman then why not give him a home game after the Chargers game. They were wrong by such a margin that everyone can see it. 

7 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I wish we had Peterson.

That's right the defense sucked when he was here ?

I hate Marrone just as much as the next Bills fan but when you've been a head coach two times and you have a top tier defense two times there just may be a legit argument to be made that defenses on his teams are very good. Let's be honest...

Really?

He was sold here, by himself and others, as an offensive guru.  Bortles, Manuel et al notwithstanding, his offense is a hot mess almost every week he doesn't play Pittsburgh.  The D in Jax speaks for itself and was trending before he arrived.  He wisely hired Schwartz here and let him be.  That was a good move.

I thought AJ would be the guy for a while until Allen took over.  But Peterman beat him out.  Should the coaches have ignored that?  It's like the folks ragging on Ragland.  When he was in camp last year he could not get off the third string.  Should that have been ignored?  No.  So they traded him to a team where he's a better fit.  That happens all the time in  this league.

Now Peterman had a terrible outing, and Allen showed at les a bit that he can handle things.  I don't think they should ignore that either come Sunday.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I would be stunned if Allen isn't named the starter.  I understand why they went with Peterman based on his off season and preseason, but it seems clear Allen has way more upside. 

its disrespectful to this terrific QB to mispronouce his name. Nathan Peterson's all 22 shows how well he sees wide open receivers down the seam. He must have learned that recognition from Tyrod. Thing of beauty.

Just now, BeefCurtns said:

its disrespectful to this terrific QB to mispronouce his name. Nathan Peterson's all 22 shows how well he sees wide open receivers down the seam. He must have learned that recognition from Tyrod. Thing of beauty.

Nice.  You are kidding, right?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If we are going to suck anyway, just play Allen and get that learning year out of the way

and we will suck less.  let him take his lumps.  all considered he beat a lot of quarterbacks this weekend with his 56 qb rating.  Not too bad coming in down by more than 5 touchdowns. 

Mcdermott is not a good coach.  I feel bad for the pegs they just can't get the right guy.  Marrone split, Rex was not into the daily grind and Mcdermott is limited.  His entire  philosophy on team building is lazy.  He only wants one type of player.  Part of being a leader is taking many personality types and  molding them into a team.  Getting people to do what they don;t want to do .  There are a lot of talented players that are quirky or even ass holes but they can help your team win games.   This good guy try hard act is going to go down in flames 

1 minute ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

i have a feeling the team already knows who the starter is. 

hes gotta put on the facade because he has one of only 32 of the most coveted jobs in his profession and he's gotta tell the nation he wasn't ready after 5 months of prep. 

36 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I can’t think of any circumstance in which I would put Peterman on the field again.  I would rather put Logan Thomas out there; at least he might be able to make some kind of play.  And don’t call me Shirley.

Edited by mannc

Can't say the Bills aren't headline material.  One in today's Washington Post sports section reads "Peterman's futility is in historic territory."  The article notes that no quarterback has "thrown at least 15 passes for fewer than 30 yards in a game while earning a 0.0 passer rating ...since Joey Harrington in 2006."  Coach really has a tough decision to make. 

Trading McCarron before determining how Peterman would function in a regular season game made no sense at the time.  Now we obviously need a third quarterback or a replacement for Peterman, hopefully the latter.

2 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Can't say the Bills aren't headline material.  One in today's Washington Post sports section reads "Peterman's futility is in historic territory."  The article notes that no quarterback has "thrown at least 15 passes for fewer than 30 yards in a game while earning a 0.0 passer rating ...since Joey Harrington in 2006."  Coach really has a tough decision to make. 

Trading McCarron before determining how Peterman would function in a regular season game made no sense at the time.  Now we obviously need a third quarterback or a replacement for Peterman, hopefully the latter.

what are the odds gruden would give us mccarron an even up swap for peterman?

3 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

This is true...........they made a huge mistake trading away AJ, but don't be surprised to see another stiff signed soon.

There are several equal to AJ out there........... EJ ...........Joe Webb..........

They don't want to start Allen this year.................they weren't planning on making the playoffs again this year..........

They are stocking their draft picks and evaluating their young players for next year, when they draft and sign more studs.

They're gonna keep the new car in the garage this year, and not get it all banged up.

They don't give a damn about making the playoffs this year..............not with Peterman under center...............

2 hours ago, donbb said:

The Jets will have more. The Jets also seem to be able to identify talent in the trenches which the Bills do not.

The a Jets will soon have to start paying their players and the cap will disappear quickly they have been rebuilding 2 years more and those rookie deals are going to start to end very soon...