No Panic from our HC

foreboding

On 9/8/2018 at 10:25 AM, Ga boy said:

Hello Mr. Turna:  Let's ask the coach.  I would predict he would say that NP has both earned the right and gives us the best chance to get Ws.  I believe that he sees us as a 5-6 win team, and Josh will eventually get his starts.   I agree that he set up the reps to give NP an advantage because he didn't see Josh as ready.  He wanted to get NP ready.  Very smart.  NP kept giving the coaches confidence that he could handle it.  Josh was up an down.  Obviously, he sees something in NP.

So now after the Baltimore fiasco isn't it sad that he might well have said both?

On 9/8/2018 at 10:45 AM, LeGOATski said:

What are your thoughts on the moon landings?

Having read some of your posts I am confident you have been there and back several times so I will defer to your deep space intellect.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/7/2018 at 12:51 PM, foreboding said:

When I watch McD, I feel like he knows what he has (he values coach-ability over raw ability) and he seems cool with it. The guy took average talent last year and made it work.

Great coaches make great teams, they get the most from their players and ideally get a few stars sprinkled in to make the team a few games above average and give themselves a chance. BB has been doing it for two decades, I think Sean thinks he can do the same. One could argue we have a huge OC upgrade, which will help.

We do not have a Brady, but we don't need to win 13 games either. 9 or 10 would be nice...

Let's hope so.

Haha...let's hope he can win 1 after today's performance.

When I watch McD, I feel like he knows what he has (he values coach-ability over raw ability) and he seems cool with it. The guy took average talent last year and made it work.

Great coaches make great teams, they get the most from their players and ideally get a few stars sprinkled in to make the team a few games above average and give themselves a chance. BB has been doing it for two decades, I think Sean thinks he can do the same. One could argue we have a huge OC upgrade, which will help.

We do not have a Brady, but we don't need to win 13 games either. 9 or 10 would be nice...

Let's hope so.

We have the QB , it the rest of the offense that will be the problem.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

On 9/7/2018 at 3:43 PM, Gordio said:

Your completely wrong pal.  Look at all the Long Tenured coaches in the league- one thing they have in common, they have had a good QB.

NE - BB - Brady

Pitt-Tomlin - Big Ben

GB -Mccarthy - Favre/Rodgers

Atlanta - Quinn - Ryan

NO - Payton - Brees

If you don't have a QB you don't have a chance in this league.  Get with the program.

At least half of the NFL teams have a franchise QB every year, with a few Hall of Famers and a few near-greats present.

all of the competent Bills QBs since Kelly have been on the last legs of decent careers 

Edited by row_33

Let's hope so.

We may not win 1 game

21 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

McDermott is Jauron Jr. 

I've been saying this since last season.  Like Jauron, his stoicism is a positive trait in the eyes of true believers because it masks his cluelessness about offensive football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

We do not have a Brady, but we don't need to win 13 games either.

9 or 10 would be nice.

No Brady & the starter under Centre yesterday, was on the basis of his first three games- one of the worst EVER. The alternative, given the disastrous early selections of this GM, will possibly turn out to be the wrong Josh!

Which doesn't matter. Because the OL, the TEs & ALL WRs are complete, unmitigated trash, who couldn't find an NFL job if the Bills released them! Even the RB, might not make the Top Ten.

9/10 Ws? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Against whom?

I'm now revising my Saturday prediction from 5-11 to 3-13 and THAT is being charitable!

These buffoons are now odds on to lose every game!

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I've been saying this since last season.  Like Jauron, his stoicism is a positive trait in the eyes of true believers because it masks his cluelessness about offensive football.

I still believe in Sean McDermott. However, if he ever tries to trot Nathan Peterman out onto an NFL field wearing a Bills uniform again that trust will begin to dissipate. To me there is simply no way you can defend playing him again. The jury is back, the verdict is in, there is a unanimous verdict. He can't play.

Look, some are going to blow this statement way out of proportion but oh well - to put into context a few things, Bill Belichick went 5-11 in his first season with the Pats. The next year Brady would start and they won a Super Bowl . I am NOT comparing McD to Belichick in saying he will have a similar or even remotely close to the same career NOR am I saying the Bills will win a Super Bowl anytime soon. 

I point out this one tiny fact of Belichick's first year to put all of this in perspective. Most of us can agree the Bills overachieved last year, right? And most of us can agree that the roster has taken a step backward overall - save this year's Draft picks we presume but has yet to be seen - in an effort to clear dead cap space and build the team Beane and McD believe is sustainable and fits their mold. That means, in one year they overachieved and this year IN ONE FREAKING GAME they've essentially played to the level most of us believed they would. This is not a shock, it's all part of The Process. Last year was an aberration and a delightful one, but this year *might* end up being what we all thought it would be: an arduous march down the path to prolonged improvement. 

For those calling for McD to be fired or Beane have poor memories for teams of the last 17 years. You've forgotten what a comprehensive plan looks like and what it means to be committed to that plan at all costs. The dead Cap screwed this team over and that is Doug F-in Whaley. At the same time when they knew it was going to be a year to get rid of the dead wood, they Drafted their future in Allen - Edmunds - and Harrison et. al., knowing this was a year to learn when next year would be the year to impress. Say what you will - but McD already exceeded expectations - this year, he's just trying to tread water. But make no mistake, with Beane's abilities and McD leading the team, IF WE ARE PATIENT FFS, this team will continue to get better and reach the level we expect them to in the next two to three years. 

Edited by BigBuff423
  • Like (+1) 2

McD has now been the head man over 3 maybe 4 of the worst blowout losses in recent memory. This man and his staff had better figure out how to elevate their team to at least be competitive. He sounds ridiculous after games like this talking about needing to see the film. 

On 9/7/2018 at 4:35 PM, thenorthremembers said:

Which is why Belichick's win percentage as a head coach hovered around .450 before Brady.   No super bowl wins without him.

Are you referring to his time when he took over for the disastrous Browns and then got the team to win a playoff game before they were moved to Baltimore??

Oh and Brady totally was the reason the won their first super bowl.

cough...Matt Cassel

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

McDermott is Jauron Jr. 

I feel like this is very true on many levels, what we don't know is if Beane is Marv or not.   What will he do in 2019 with all those draft picks and salary cap dollars?  Will he waste it on Dockery and Langston Walker?   then draft a RB?    Or will he make smart decisions and get good linemen without paying them stupid money?  And invest draft picks in the right positions.   

If nothing else this game should give these players plenty of motivation to work their asses off in order to not look this bad again this year & they are finding out that those players they brought in like KB might have been let go for a reason so when it comes to contract time they know what to offer !

1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

I feel like this is very true on many levels, what we don't know is if Beane is Marv or not.   What will he do in 2019 with all those draft picks and salary cap dollars?  Will he waste it on Dockery and Langston Walker?   then draft a RB?    Or will he make smart decisions and get good linemen without paying them stupid money?  And invest draft picks in the right positions.   

Dude...we're getting a RB in next years draft. Watch. They'll take a RB with the top pick, and then defense. If I were only born in Pittsburgh. 

31 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Are you referring to his time when he took over for the disastrous Browns and then got the team to win a playoff game before they were moved to Baltimore??

Oh and Brady totally was the reason the won their first super bowl.

cough...Matt Cassel

Believe what you want my friend.  He had one winning season out of the six he coached before Brady became the starter in New England.  That includes his first year with New England when he was 5-11. 

Not sure what the Matt Cassell was in reference to, Bill's first superbowl win was in 2001, Cassell wasnt in the league until 2005.  If you're talking about the year Brady was out for the season, I'll give you that, and change my tune to "Belichick had 2 winning seasons in his 7 without Brady."

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/7/2018 at 3:42 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

If you listen to McDermott and Beane they both use phrases such as "We're not where we want to be" and "We have a lot of work to do".  If you read between the lines, it means they know and are telling everyone they need to acquire many more good players to build a team that can contend for championships on a perennial basis.  So of course there is no panic as long as you "Respect the Process".

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I still believe in Sean McDermott. However, if he ever tries to trot Nathan Peterman out onto an NFL field wearing a Bills uniform again that trust will begin to dissipate. To me there is simply no way you can defend playing him again. The jury is back, the verdict is in, there is a unanimous verdict. He can't play.

The jury leaked that verdict last season....

7 minutes ago, DougFlutie7 said:

I’m so happy our clueless fraud head coach is not panicking.  Him and Beane put together the worst roster in Bills history. Don’t worry though it gets worse. These two clowns are gonna pass on Justin Herbert because they drafted Allen lol. Worse franchise ever. 

Who is Justin Herbert again? 

8 hours ago, PIZ said:

This team uis awful.  Who did they lose from last year's playoff team:

Incognito.

Cordy Glenn.

EJ Gaines.

Tolbert.

Deonte Thompson.

Preston Brown.

Tyrod Taylor.

Who else?

Wood

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

1 hour ago, Heitz said:

I'm going to keep this ready to CTRL+V as needed at all times! ?

Colts have 25 million more than Bills and the Jets have 15 more.

Texans have the same as Bills.

2 teams have more than 70 and 4 have more than 60.

There is a lot of teams with money looking to improve next year too.

16 minutes ago, DougFlutie7 said:

I’m so happy our clueless fraud head coach is not panicking.  Him and Beane put together the worst roster in Bills history. Don’t worry though it gets worse. These two clowns are gonna pass on Justin Herbert because they drafted Allen lol. Worse franchise ever. 

Again if you can tell me you are like me and have watched games since 1960 fine.  If not your take on worst in history is absurd.

They stunk yesterday.  One game.

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Again if you can tell me you are like me and have watched games since 1960 fine.  If not your take on worst in history is absurd.

They stunk yesterday.  One game.

...EXACTLY Oldie...but good Lord can McD stop with this "gotta look at the tape" crap?........

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...EXACTLY Oldie...but good Lord can McD stop with this "gotta look at the tape" crap?........

That's his personality.  It's not going to change.  

You and I can remember some awful years.  But I don't know that I recall games worse that the one yesterday.

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Reminds me of Jauron. 

McD is just another 3 year and out coach. He is NOT going to last. 

Edited by COTC