The ransom is set: two first round picks for Khalil Mack !!!!!

B_4_life

I have no idea if they would do it or not, but Green Bay has TWO first round picks next year (they got one from the Saints when New Orleans moved way up to take that pass rusher from San Antonio)  

If you are Green Bay, you aren't going to be picking up high in the next draft, and the Saints aren't either.  Those are a couple of mid to late round 1 next year.  I'd think they'd be strongly considering that....becasue Green Bay is ALWAYS Aaron Rodgers plus one player away.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Did you just call Khalil Mack a Mexican accountant?

It’s nice to have a fall back option if that football thing falls through. Not sure where he even has a football job next year? 

28 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Forgive me for not reading thru everyone's posts but wouldn't this mean we used two first rounders on Sammy, and then would turn around use two first rounders on Mack, who we could have had when we drafted Sammy?  I mean.....YIKES!

I think it would mean we spent four first round picks on Mack?

43 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Forgive me for not reading thru everyone's posts but wouldn't this mean we used two first rounders on Sammy, and then would turn around use two first rounders on Mack, who we could have had when we drafted Sammy?  I mean.....YIKES!

I thought for sure Buffalo had traded up for Mack

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

If you want elite talent, you are going to have to pay Elite prices for it.

The Raiders don't have to trade him, and it doesn't matter to them that you have to give him a huge contract

He is one of the top defensive players in the league and they aren't going to give him away for nothing right now just because he will sit out.

And people always seem to get confuse when they see it, this is just their asking price, why would a teams asking price not be higher then most would be willing to pay?

You are always going to ask for more then what you will most likely be willing to accept later on.

They ask for 2 1sts not, then someone negotiates and gets him for a 1st & a 2nd, or 1st & 2-3rds, etc. Or a team comes along and says they can give up 2 1sts because they want him.

I believe that came from the Raiders themselves, or a "source close to the Raiders"

When you take into consideration how many 1st round draft choices that don't pan out. Trading 2 complete unknowns for an elite game changer in his prime would not be out of the question in my humble opinion.

Would the big Mack boost ticket sales? Or media coverage? National attention? scare Mrs Brady? yes, yes, yes, and hell yes

Good posting ap...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Figster said:

When you take into consideration how many 1st round draft choices that don't pan out. Trading 2 complete unknowns for an elite game changer in his prime would not be out of the question in my humble opinion.

Would the big Mack boost ticket sales? Or media coverage? National attention? scare Mrs Brady? yes, yes, yes, and hell yes

Good posting ap...

I don’t care about ticket sales. Winning will handle that. If I could care less than zero about national media, I would. Meaningless idiots. Mrs Brady? Whatever...

We have too many needs, and one guy is not the answer. I’d LOVE to have him, but he’s not the crown jewel to a SB. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I don’t care about ticket sales. Winning will handle that. If I could care less than zero about national media, I would. Meaningless idiots. Mrs Brady? Whatever...

We have too many needs, and one guy is not the answer. I’d LOVE to have him, but he’s not the crown jewel to a SB. 

If you care about winning elite players are very beneficial to the process in my humble opinion.

We need a pass rush...

Just now, Figster said:

If you care about winning elite players are very beneficial to the process in my humble opinion.

We need a pass rush...

We DESPERATELY need a pass rush. We need to develop OUR elite players. We need to develop DEPTH.  We have too many needs to blow what could be a war chest of draft picks for one really expensive high profile guy, so we can maybe get to .500.  Be smart, draft wisely, use your guys on the cheap for 4-5 years, THEN pick who you want to give the big money to. 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Bring the price down Raidus or Mack will be brushing up on his golf game this fall. A 1st & 3rd is as high as I go.

I'd give them Lawson, as well. That would be it. I see others beat me to it---lol

Edited by par73

Maybe five years down the line when we have a solid team, a franchise QB, and can't quite make that next step to get to the Superbowl.

That's when you consider a move like this. Not when you have a severely talent lacking team that wins through coaching, scheme, and heart (and a little luck).

I sure hope we don't.

2 hours ago, mrags said:

The closer it gets to game day. And the more Mack stresses that he will not play and will sit out the entire year only to leave in FA in the offseason, the raiders will take what they can get for him. Asking everyone for 2 first rounds now will gauge if anyone is stupid enough to offer that for him. 

Amd no. At that price I would not. 

I wonder how far out they can go with future picks?  I'd give 2 1sts if one can be out in 2025.   

39 minutes ago, Augie said:

We DESPERATELY need a pass rush. We need to develop OUR elite players. We need to develop DEPTH.  We have too many needs to blow what could be a war chest of draft picks for one really expensive high profile guy, so we can maybe get to .500.  Be smart, draft wisely, use your guys on the cheap for 4-5 years, THEN pick who you want to give the big money to. 

I Understand where your coming from.

Buffalo has shown interest though and I"m sure Beane realized ahead of time Mack wouldn't come cheap.

Two 1st, probably not, but I could see Beane offering 1st & 3rd ( or Peterman)

Edited by Figster

2 hours ago, Figster said:

You could compare Buffalo's 1st round selection for the next 10 years and still not reach the caliber player Mack has turned out to be IMO.

The way I look at it a high 1st round draft choice would be needed to even come close, higher then Buffalo normally drafts. So to me the deal is costing Buffalo one 1st rounder and Mack cancels out the other.

I say yes, get er done Mr. Beane man

...interesting....now McKenzie reports to Chuckie...............

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Raiders are "giving the impression" to teams they want two first-round picks for holdout DE Khalil Mack.

Pelissero says Oakland received "a bunch of calls" regarding Mack's availablity in recent days, but GMs are turned off by Jon Gruden's asking price.
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, MJS said:

Maybe five years down the line when we have a solid team, a franchise QB, and can't quite make that next step to get to the Superbowl.

That's when you consider a move like this. Not when you have a severely talent lacking team that wins through coaching, scheme, and heart (and a little luck).

I sure hope we don't.

Seems to me that a "severely talent lacking team" should really try to get some talent. Mack is the most talented defensive player in the league. Seems like a match to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...interesting....now McKenzie reports to Chuckie...............

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Raiders are "giving the impression" to teams they want two first-round picks for holdout DE Khalil Mack.

Pelissero says Oakland received "a bunch of calls" regarding Mack's availablity in recent days, but GMs are turned off by Jon Gruden's asking price.

Like ap posted earlier... the asking price is probably set a little higher then what the Raiders may actually settle for...but who knows...

13 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Seems to me that a "severely talent lacking team" should really try to get some talent. Mack is the most talented defensive player in the league. Seems like a match to me. 

McD and the big Mack attack

Match made in football heaven...

For those saying no, and I am not saying we should but consider this... Doug Whaley paid more than that for Watkins, who is currently on his way of becoming a decoy on his third team.  The difference is that we wouldn't benefit from having his rookie contract.  On the flipside we would have an all pro at two positions instead of a decoy.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

For those saying no, and I am not saying we should but consider this... Doug Whaley paid more than that for Watkins, who is currently on his way of becoming a decoy on his third team.  The difference is that we wouldn't benefit from having his rookie contract.  On the flipside we would have an all pro at two positions instead of a decoy.

To me a player like Mack exemplifies what you want out of your teams D, much like McCoy does on Offense. While other players around them may never reach same heights, elite players help elevate the units as a whole to higher levels IMO.

3 hours ago, Figster said:

You could compare Buffalo's 1st round selection for the next 10 years and still not reach the caliber player Mack has turned out to be IMO.

The way I look at it a high 1st round draft choice would be needed to even come close, higher then Buffalo normally drafts. So to me the deal is costing Buffalo one 1st rounder and Mack cancels out the other.

I say yes, get er done Mr. Beane man

The Bills paid 100 million to Mario Williams and had the best pass rush in the NFL...where did it get them? The Bills had Marcel Dareus one of the very best DT's in the league and he got paid and got lazy.

Two first rounders for Sammy, was he worth that, is he worth what he is now getting paid? 

Paying all that money and draft choices to and for Mack is another fool's errand. This team is in the process of being built properly and while Mack might look like a bright, new shiny toy... all bringing him in would do is hurt the process on so many levels. 

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

The Bills paid 100 million to Mario Williams and had the best pass rush in the NFL...where did it get them? The Bills had Marcel Dareus one of the very best DT's in the league and he got paid and got lazy.

Two first rounders for Sammy, was he worth that, is he worth what he is now getting paid? 

Paying all that money and draft choices to and for Mack is another fool's errand. This team is in the process of being built properly and while Mack might look like a bright, new shiny toy... all bringing him in would do is hurt the process on so many levels. 

thanks for the reply,

If I remember correctly Schwartz had a top 5 D in Buffalo which both Mario and Marcel played a big part in.

funny what coaching/systems can do for players

Bright new shiny toy, or Mack truck?

If McD/ Beane show a genuine interest then its probably not going to hurt the process on so many levels IMO.

with all due respect

Edited by Figster

4 hours ago, B_4_life said:

So the ransom is set, would you do it?

Nope and the team that really wants him won’t have to give that up. 

2 hours ago, Figster said:

Like ap posted earlier... the asking price is probably set a little higher then what the Raiders may actually settle for...but who knows...

Exactly. It is an asking price. The raiders will move off it they have no intention (or means, if you believe the rumors) of paying Mack’s going value.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Thank God you aren't in charge of anything having to do with player personnel decisions for this team.  I swear, there should be a basic intelligence test required before fans can even REGISTER to join this site.

So a mayonnaise drinking wrestling fan is going to insult anothers intelligence?

Talk about a lack of self awareness. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

2 first rd picks and 15 of the 53 man salary cap.  LOL.  I was thinking a 2nd rd pick would be fair considering his price tag .  I wouldn’t even want to give up a 1st

The price tag isn't any of the raiders concern. Why should they take less because you have to extend an elite player? They would be moronic for taking into consideration what an extension would cost another franchise. It does nothing for them.

4 hours ago, Lfod said:

"Not for a player that doesn't want to be on your team. I'm not going to solve your problem and over pay you for it." -Beane

*Click*

That's not the issue. The issue is they can't or don't want to pay him. I don't think it's him wanting out of Oakland, it more the business side.

yes...in a heartbeat....sure two number 1"s is stiff

Mack is a sure thing......first round picks come with too much unknown risk.

maybin, spiller, dareus, Gilmore, EJ Manuel, Sammy (2) , tre davious, allen, Edmunds (hit on 3 of 10  ? ) none better than Mack (tredavious the closest)

Edited by papazoid
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

This

8 hours ago, Figster said:

Explain the error of my ways then

What Mack is worth is debatable without the insults, no?

Well some posters here think insulting someone is a legit debate response thus making their point more credible. If someone uses any of these methods of response....1. Laugh 2. Insult 3. Deflect.....ignore it or it's like wrestling in the mud with a pig......you both get dirty.....but the pig likes it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1