Bills trade with Browns for Corey Coleman

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is the guy that was supposed to replace Coleman in Cleveland. You can't make this **** up.

Just saw this on Roto. They trade us Coleman after his supposed replacement is arrested on a possession charge hours beforehand? This same replacement who already had a failed test at the combine to couple with previous troubles at Florida. Now this same replacement's arrest will likely lead to a league suspension. The Browns are now screwed and will be almost forced to sign Dez. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Just saw this on Roto. They trade us Coleman after his supposed replacement is arrested on a possession charge hours beforehand? This same replacement who already had a failed test at the combine to couple with previous troubles at Florida. Now this same replacement's arrest will likely lead to a league suspension. The Browns are now screwed and will be almost forced to sign Dez. 

Assuming Dez wants to sign with them. I don't think that's 100% certain.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

Just read an article that the Browns were

on the verge of releasing Coleman. Makes sense, such a low pick. 

36 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is the guy that was supposed to replace Coleman in Cleveland. You can't make this **** up.

Words fail.  All I can think of is the other forum post debating the value of culture.  Good lord...

47 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Bills now have a Biletnikoff winner and a runner up. Neither of them has done a thing in the pros yet, but the talent is there.

I guess Benjamin having 16 TD's almost 2,000 yards in his first two seasons  amounts to nothing in your book.

Battled injuries his in 2016 and 17.

We'll see how he is this year.

Coleman needed a change of scenery and he got it. We shall see here too.

Edited by njbuff

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I guess Benjamin having 16 TD's almost 2,000 yards in his first two seasons  amounts to nothing in your book.

Battled injuries his in 2016 and 17.

We'll see how he is this year.

Coleman needed a change of scenery and he got it. We shall see here too.

Benjamin was not a Biletnikoff runner up or winner. Was talking about Coleman and Zay. Benjamin had a good start.

Edited by Turk71
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Was Benjamin ever a Biletnikoff winner or runner up?  I didn't think so?

I had assumed he was talking about Zay Jones and Corey Coleman

My bad.......  

I assumed he was ripping the entire WR core.

My mistake.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Low risk/high reward move for bills. That’s a young guy with a lot of potential for Allen to throw to.

As for Calloway...he had problems with not smoking weed before the draft...ton of talent but it’s like Josh Gordon(ironically) if you can’t stay on the field, you are useless.

the best ability is availability.

Edited by Patriot Killa

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Low risk/high reward move for bills. That’s a young guy with a lot of potential for Allen to throw to.

As for Calloway...he had problems with not smoking weed before the draft...ton of talent but it’s like Josh Gordon(ironically) if you can’t stay on the field, you are useless.

the best ability is availability.

He was suspended all last year's rookie season for $15,000 credit card fraud while at Fla. Any of us would have probably gone to jail, but... Fla and football.  He has had other problems besides being in the wrong state for smoking herb. 

Edited by Turk71

4 hours ago, Turk71 said:

He was suspended all last year's rookie season for $15,000 credit card fraud while at Fla. Any of us would have probably gone to jail, but... Fla and football.  He has had other problems besides being in the wrong state for smoking herb. 

I would of stayed far away from him if I were Cleveland. Cleveland has enough dysfunction through out that organization, I can understand a team like Green Bay, who has an established culture, taking someone who they feel they can turn around.

But Cleveland? ....Dorsey better hit on most of those picks or he’ll have nothing to be defended for and ultimately will end up just as the last Browns GM.

Edited by Patriot Killa

Read an article on blecher report claiming the browns coachs complained Corey knew nothing about playing wide receiver.  And apparently blame Baylor.

Right after this I see a clip from hard knocks with jarvious laundry chewing out the browns wide receiver room for not working.

It raises two questions, how did the browns draft a guy in the first round they didn't know?  And WTF is going on with coaching in Cleveland?

It also leads me to believe that Corey is just in need of good coaching and leadership.

https://deadspin.com/jarvis-landry-spends-98-seconds-cursing-out-his-fellow-1828188364

Edited by JaxBills

39 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

Read an article on blecher report claiming the browns coachs complained Corey knew nothing about playing wide receiver.  And apparently blame Baylor.

Right after this I see a clip from hard knocks with jarvious laundry chewing out the browns wide receiver room for not working.

It raises two questions, how did the browns draft a guy in the first round they didn't know?  And WTF is going on with coaching in Cleveland?

It also leads me to believe that Corey is just in need of good coaching and leadership.

Sounds like the Browns coaches know nothing about playing WR.

I guess that's why they paid Jarvis so much money... to be the WR and WR coach.

Anybody see how Bleacher Report posted an article like 2 hours ago about how the Browns WR's are going to be unstoppable now? And how Callaway is going to be a great 3rd.  How can someone print that like a full day after he got busted AGAIN.  Am I missing something because that seems like the Browns equivalent of "journalism" or whatever

29 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Anybody see how Bleacher Report posted an article like 2 hours ago about how the Browns WR's are going to be unstoppable now? And how Callaway is going to be a great 3rd.  How can someone print that like a full day after he got busted AGAIN.  Am I missing something because that seems like the Browns equivalent of "journalism" or whatever

The impression I got from the Browns forums is that they dealt Coleman because Callaway has been so amazing (although reading through camp reports, I didn't walk away with the feeling he was doing anything more than having a fine camp for a rookie).

Also, they aren't sure whether this is his 1st strike or 2nd strike in the substance abuse program because he tested positive at the combine. So this article may have been written before that occurred and just posted later.

They also seem to have a high confidence that Gordon will be back to be #2 with Callaway at #3

46 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

The Browns are on Hard Knocks.  They're coming off 1-15 and 0-16, and made a ton of off-season moves.  So, right now, they are media darlings.  The poor Bad News Bears that are primed to take the NFL by storm!  ...unless they don't.  But right now is a slow time for NFL journalism.  They need stories to pad things out and are going to milk the Browns for all they can until the season starts.  They milk them for more if the tires come off like in past years.  Can't write about the hapless Bills' playoff drought anymore, need something to get those clicks.

Bleacher Report now says he's not very tough and doesn't seem to know what's doing on the field (doesn't know where to line up, etc.).  In fact, a Browns teammate calls him "Charmin soft." 

Not high praise.  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2790115-can-corey-coleman-resurrect-his-career-in-buffalo?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

Edited by hondo in seattle

4 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Bleacher Report now says he's soft and suffers mental lapses.  In fact, a Browns teammate calls him "Charmin soft."  Not high praise.  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2790115-can-corey-coleman-resurrect-his-career-in-buffalo?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

That’s nothing new. It’s why he was traded for  nothing.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s nothing new. It’s why he was traded for  nothing.

Hopefully this is a wake up call.  I mean Johnny Manziel was drunk in the equipment room and there are other Browns stories of disorganization.

I'm hoping that with a more organized and structured team....Coleman might be able to step up.  He might be that guy that needs to have someone always on him...who knows.

10 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Bleacher Report now says he's not very tough and doesn't seem to know what's doing on the field (doesn't know where to line up, etc.). 

That would seem to apply to the entire Brownies organization based on their performance while Coleman was there...

Corey Coleman has been injured and lacked a quarterback for the years in Cleveland. Can he be better than Sammy Watkins? When Corey shatters expectations and stays healthy, makes everything calm and comfortable while trusting the process in regards to personel decisions. I love this pickup, great value. Does anyone agree with me that Corey will end up being #1, Benji #2, zay will slowly get his train back on the rails this year as the #3. Alright, now let me have it! ?

• Haha (+1) 1

Im curious to see how it all unfolded in Cleveland and next weeks hard Knocks episode. It will cover the whole Corey Coleman trade. 

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

You have been drinking, correct?

There will be some heavy drinking for tonights game. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, WhickedWilliams said:

Corey Coleman has been injured and lacked a quarterback for the years in Cleveland. Can he be better than Sammy Watkins? When Corey shatters expectations and stays healthy, makes everything calm and comfortable while trusting the process in regards to personel decisions. I love this pickup, great value. Does anyone agree with me that Corey will end up being #1, Benji #2, zay will slowly get his train back on the rails this year as the #3. Alright, now let me have it! ?

Nope...not me.