[reopened. behave your fine selves] Kelvin Benjamin criticizes time with Panthers, Cam Newton

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

image.thumb.png.f3e6c199cd6ff8c6253005779e877e5d.png

image.thumb.png.a0fa55fef870ac90ff43710e9ebc9cd1.png

Sure seems to me like he's able to high point the ball and to play like Tarzan. I don't know too many untalented #2 receivers that would make that catch between Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas.

Personally, I think both pro and anti Benjamin people are over the top in their praise and criticism, respectively. He's probably not as good as his supporters claim he is, and he's definitely not as bad as his detractors claim he is. Exaggeration and hyperbole on both sides.

I’m not saying he can’t produce for us.

I am saying he isn’t number one material and for every “ wow “ moment you will have a “ WTF” moment.

I also do not expect him to last the season. I would love for him to ball out but don’t expect it.

I also don’t see the need for him to do his little Boo Hoo fest about his poor, hurt feelings while throwing his former All Pro QB under the bus. It is a bad look, 

Ugh.

This interview makes me nervous.

1) He sounds whiney as hell. I'm sorry, he just does.

2) His comments show a lack of professionalism. It almost doesn't matter how bad the situation was. You just don't come out with these sorts of comments about a former teammate. It belies a lack of maturity. This will not go unnoticed in the Bills locker room. 

3) What does this bode for the future? If he wasn't satisfied with Cam Newton throwing him the ball because of his accuracy issues, how's he going to feel about McCarron, or Allen, or Peterman with their, you know, accuracy issues?

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Um, No.

I mean, it's theoretically possible that one of them could be come a capable NFL QB, but neither will ever have Newton's raw physical talents. 

No way.

I don't understand how anyone could take what I said as a serious comment.

57 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I also don’t see the need for him to do his little Boo Hoo fest about his poor, hurt feelings while throwing his former All Pro QB under the bus. It is a bad look, 

I agree with this part

24 minutes ago, Big C said:

I don't understand how anyone could take what I said as a serious comment.

Ha ha ha ha you must not see some of the comments on this board ha ha ha ha

And that's not even the ones that get mod-zapped outta here

Easy-peasy

It's kind of like the Onion these days, I stg when one of my friends links something on Facebook from NBC or CBS half the time I'm like, "this hasta be the Onion, this can't be reals"

Surprise!

Benjamin just wants a QB who can wrap the football in a soft chamois, place it a sturdy box and have a courier place is gently in his hands.

That's not asking too much?  Why should he have to after a pass, Like OBJ (oh wait--)?

Edited by Mr. WEO

Now i get it.....lets stir the pot and sell some tickets for the amazing Bills vs Panthers preseason game Thursday  ;)

I bet they (KB and CN) meet at center field and laugh and shake hands after the game ;) 

2 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Barely crossing 1000 yards and then not even getting 1000 on 100+ (119 and 145) targets is an absolute joke. Apparently productive for you is being around 20th in yards. Nice!

He had one of the leagues highest drop rates those year as well. Cam isn't Brady or Rodgers with his accuracy and it's because he fits an offense that is literally what they want to replicate here - run and gun. 

Near 60% is our goal with Allen so it's pretty funny those siding with KB over Cam when that's exactly the type of QB we got.

An absolute joke?

can we keep the conversation in the realm of reality plz

they are not top numbers but far from a joke

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Sure seems to me like he's able to high point the ball and to play like Tarzan. I don't know too many untalented #2 receivers that would make that catch between Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas.

Personally, I think both pro and anti Benjamin people are over the top in their praise and criticism, respectively. He's probably not as good as his supporters claim he is, and he's definitely not as bad as his detractors claim he is. Exaggeration and hyperbole on both sides.

Nailed it.       The doubters sound a little extra clueless imo 

Benjamin was a machine on 3rd down early  in his career with Cam.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

Now i get it.....lets stir the pot and sell some tickets for the amazing Bills vs Panthers preseason game Thursday  ;)

I bet they (KB and CN) meet at center field and laugh and shake hands after the game ;) 

This thought crossed my mind. A little WWF action.

5 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Oh, cool story.

No, he doesnt have to stfu because some random fan tells him to. If you dont like that the Bills acquired a guy who had been productive in his career than maybe you stfu and move on.

I deleted the post as a warning to Buffalo Toddler.

I remember reading a few articles about KB around the time his mother passed away.  He, for a multitude of reasons, was having an incredibly hard time and the team wasn't really supportive of him.  Including going to the press about the weight gain following her death.

I am not sure many of us would react differently if we were in his position. I for one support the guy and hope he tears it up this year.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Ugh.

This interview makes me nervous.

1) He sounds whiney as hell. I'm sorry, he just does.

2) His comments show a lack of professionalism. It almost doesn't matter how bad the situation was. You just don't come out with these sorts of comments about a former teammate. It belies a lack of maturity. This will not go unnoticed in the Bills locker room. 

3) What does this bode for the future? If he wasn't satisfied with Cam Newton throwing him the ball because of his accuracy issues, how's he going to feel about McCarron, or Allen, or Peterman with their, you know, accuracy issues?

I don't think I've seen a receiver trash a former QB and team to this level since TO. 

Except TO was the catalyst for the Superbowl Eagles and KB was the guy watching his team make the Superbowl without him.

• Like (+1) 1

Couldn't imagine this board if Sammy said the same about Tyrod or the quitter. 

Cam is a good QB. Better than anything we have, isn't cam regularly trotted out as the Allen comparison now he's garbage?

Sammy said he wants to develop with a QB like Mahomes, and his words were twisted into a shot at Goff, not even Bills related. Not everyone has been completely a home in this thread, but those defending him, wow.

Someone talking about how Cam doesn't get the ball out fast and excel in a quick passing game. Neither does Kelvin. He's a solid WE, but he's all about size and winning balls. Not beating a guy of the LOS, and getting separation. He's near the bottom of the league in terms of separation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

I think we would both agree and disagree to an extent. He is excellent at high pointing the ball, that's his skill set. I actually think that meshes with cam well. I don't understand any complaints towards the QB. Organizationally, I can understand him not feeling great about Carolina.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I agree Kelvin, Cam sux.

I agree Kelvin

you sucked
Hope he produces for us in a contract year and we dump him.

he has stone hands and only uses his size for leverage ( OPI)
 prove me wrong Kid

but his words were poorly chosen indeed

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Philly Brown, Ted Ginn Jr, Jericho Cotchery

Don’t forget Brenton Bersin and Dameire Byrd?

Point being, Cam raised the level of a bunch of mediocre to bad receivers to League leading offense status.

Yes, he had a running game and D but he was the oil that made that whole engine run smoothly.

I hope to Sweet Baby Jesus that JA gets to that level.

This board will be one big Hippy Kumbaya Love- fest.

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Greg Olsen

His best target, by far??

• Like (+1) 1

Okay sarcasm off/
 but he should keep his inner thoughts in check. I am not fond of Players who feel the need to share their emotions . They have therapists for that lol

okay now sarcasm truly off/

Go Bills

Edited by 3rdand12

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

Okay sarcasm off/
 but he should keep his inner thoughts in check. I am not fond of Players who feel the need to share their inner feelings. They have therapists for that lol

Yes.  This.  And the poster earlier is right. His comments scare me.  Just.  Why. Do. This ?

2 minutes ago, bobblehead said:

Yes.  This.  And the poster earlier is right. His comments scare me.  Just.  Why. Do. This ?

concerned.
Like i said

prove it year. so do just that KB . Buffalo will appreciate your honest effort.

perhaps immaturity. some folks mature later in life

24 minutes ago, MJS said:

Grass is always greener on the other side.

Cam Newton is not the most accurate QB, but you can do a lot worse.

Theres also some dynamic that his current gm was involved in that Carolina front office. Which adds an interesting wrinkle. 

And that the guy that gm drafted is another guy that has a boatload of physical gifts but questionable accuracy. And once helped draft and now traded for KB.

KB saying that he’d have been better off without Carolina and cam has to play an even stranger note to beanes ear than ours

"anybody! Anybody that's not Cam. You know like Eli, Rodgers, Big Ben, anybody!" Well KB you can't just list every Superbowl winning QB you know and call them anybody.

28 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Theres also some dynamic that his current gm was involved in that Carolina front office. Which adds an interesting wrinkle. 

And that the guy that gm drafted is another guy that has a boatload of physical gifts but questionable accuracy. And once helped draft and now traded for KB.

KB saying that he’d have been better off without Carolina and cam has to play an even stranger note to beanes ear than ours

Maybe Beane should have known ?. Idk I wasn't there. He was lol.

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They went 15-1, went to the SB, & Newton won the MVP with Ted Ginn as his top wr when Kelvin missed the entire year.  Benjamin should probsbly STFU, especially in a contract year. 

Then Cam puked in the SB and sucked the following year. KB said his piece now it's on him to back it up. 

Seems no one picks on the fact he says he would have fared better with Rodgers, Eli, Big Ben... While not mentioned, probably Brady and Drew Brees as well? LOL 

The problem here is just not a lack of class against his ex teammate that took his team to the SB while he was injured, but the current Bills QBs can't be all giggling and dancing with those comments!

• Thank you (+1) 1