[reopened. behave your fine selves] Kelvin Benjamin criticizes time with Panthers, Cam Newton

Steve Smith had a pretty good take on this.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/0ap3000000944715/Smith-on-Benjamin-s-interview-You-can-t-say-everything-is-someone-else-s-fault

Says Benjamin can play football, can be that "go to" guy, but he's got to let it go and get his head into football 'cuz there's never going to be that perfect situation

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Theres also some dynamic that his current gm was involved in that Carolina front office. Which adds an interesting wrinkle. 

And that the guy that gm drafted is another guy that has a boatload of physical gifts but questionable accuracy. And once helped draft and now traded for KB.

KB saying that he’d have been better off without Carolina and cam has to play an even stranger note to beanes ear than ours

Agreed.  Beane brought Benjamin in here giving him very high marks - the coaches will love him, the players will love him, his attitude etc etc etc

Now Benjamin running his mouth, nothing is his fault, he should have been drafted to play with Aaron Rodgers or Big Ben.  News flash Benjamin:  neither of those guys play for Buffalo.

Unless there's a whole lot of laundry behind the scene he knows about that we don't, Beane has got to be saying "uh-oh"

42 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Seems no one picks on the fact he says he would have fared better with Rodgers, Eli, Big Ben... While not mentioned, probably Brady and Drew Brees as well? LOL 

The problem here is just not a lack of class against his ex teammate that took his team to the SB while he was injured, but the current Bills QBs can't be all giggling and dancing with those comments!

Current QBs got to be saying "Welp now line up - who wants to be the next QB KB throws under the bus? Got a league MVP, first-team all-pro QB under there, plenty of room for us!"   It would help if he was hanging onto all of the balls they're throwing him.  I guess they're not dainty and on target enough.

Maybe KB hopes Beane will ship him to GB, Pitts, or NYG?

• Like (+1) 1

Point is... he wouldn’t be talking like that if he didn’t truly feel he was in a better spot.

I think he confident in this scheme and where he’s at physically and mentally. Yeah I don’t like the talk, but sometimes when something is eating at you it’s good to put it out there, get it off your chest and move on.

Contract year, he knows he has a lot to prove. Truthfully I think we will see him perform at a high level this year. He gotta stay healthy. I can see 60 receptions 1000 yds and 10 TDs.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

A few on here are responding VERY negatively to a surprisingly candid, albeit unwise, admission from a young professional athlete. 

What's the deal with THEM?

“Them” don’t believe this serves any constructive purpose on a young team searching for an identity and leadership on the Offensive side of the ball.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It sounds very much like KB will not be with the Bills next year... which will make a lot of fans happy it appears!

How so?

It won't make me happy given he's by prev. performance, our best wideout right now when healthy.

But I'm disturbed by the number of balls he's reported to be dropping in TC, and if his idea is he wants a polished QB with precise aim throwing to him, I don't think he's gonna find that here.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How so?

It won't make me happy given he's by prev. performance, our best wideout right now when healthy.

But I'm disturbed by the number of balls he's reported to be dropping in TC, and if his idea is he wants a polished QB with precise aim throwing to him, I don't think he's gonna find that here.

There are a lot of fans in this thread who don’t think he’s very good... assuming they won’t be upset when he leaves 

Edited by YoloinOhio

My guess is that Sammy Watkins believes his pro career was seriously set back because he was drafted by a team with a poor passing QB. Watkins, so far, has been smart enough not to publicly vent. 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Aren't there a lot of fans in a thread about any player who don't think that player is very good?

I was more asking about your "sounds very much as though KB won't be with the Bills next year"

He appears to be looking for a team with an established, polished QB and posturing for FA. It’s a weak FA class for WR and he’s trying to get the narrative out that he’s been held back by his QB so his production isn’t taken at face value. That’s my assessment. Considering how many times Allen is compared to Newton in terms of strengths/weaknesses and style, that’s probably not going to be deemed as a good long term fit by KB.

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There are a lot of fans in this thread who don’t think he’s very good... assuming they won’t be upset when he leaves 

I think he can be a solid to good # 2 wr to a number 1 with speed if his knees can hold out, which is a major concern.  He is really hard to talk yourself into giving big money on a long term deal though.

and his comments were completely stupid and didn’t help his free agency at all.  

• Like (+1) 1

So I'll say it again, how is it that Bills fans are attacking Benjamin, who just spoke about not being happy in his time in Carolina...

1) Their former owner was forced to sell due to sexual misconduct and racial issues.

2) Cam is a bitchy little primadona who also is disrespectful towards women. Cam is extremely self absorbed.

Yet, its Bejamin who is in the wrong? GTFO.

If anything how do we not have one of our owns back? Is he really wrong in voicing his opinion in regards to how the Panthers treated him?

1 hour ago, gjv001 said:

My guess is that Sammy Watkins believes his pro career was seriously set back because he was drafted by a team with a poor passing QB. Watkins, so far, has been smart enough not to publicly vent. 

Sammy was no saint to us "little people with out little jobs"

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/4/2018 at 3:54 PM, Elite Poster said:

Prima Donna: Never came to camp out of shape, takes blame for organizational and team failure, no scandal or trouble while in NFL, honors teammates and they love him and have his back.

Productive WR: consistently out of shape (probably why he always gets hurt), trouble with route running and hands which he then blamed on organization and QB, hides behind newspaper article to voice opinion AFTER being traded. 

The homer is strong with this one. 

This is not true.  Many teammates hated Cam. Steve Smith, the CB that okay for Washington, many players. In practices when they're working Newton routinely tries to make them look bad and taunt them when he doesn't like the defense. He picks fights.

He takes the blame by walking off camera.  He takes the blame by not going after touchdowns. He takes the blames by staring blankly at Ken Dorsey. L

Watch more games. Teammates don't have his back. He gets his ass beat and teammates don't protect him. Remember a few years ago against Cleveland it got rowdy because they took out Manuel to get back at us?  You never see that in Carolina because they don't like him. 

The organization is moving on from him in 2 yes, iirc, when the contract allows them to dump him.  The defense will fall apart as soon as Keuchly is forced to retire. The Panthers are going no where and Newton ain't the answer.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language
  • Like (+1) 1

I've got a bud who was drafted by the Ravens and signed his second deal with the Panthers. He said it was the worst mistake he ever made. Culture, locker room, coaches and management were great in Baltimore. He said Carolina was a disaster.  Ruined his career is what he told me. Not excusing KB for opening his mouth but I think he's prolly being honest and wanted to get it off his chest. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Sammy was no saint to us "little people with out little jobs"

That was directed at the losers who talked crap to him on social media.  If you weren’t one of those losers, you shouldn’t have a problem with the comment. 

13 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

This is not true.  Many teammates hated Cam. Steve Smith, the CB that okay for Washington, many players. In practices when they're working Newton routinely tries to make them look bad and taunt them when he doesn't like the defense. He picks fights.

He takes the blame by walking off camera.  He takes the blame by not going after touchdowns. He takes the blames by staring bkankely at Ken Dorsey. L

Watch more games. Teammates don't have his back. He gets his ass beat and teammates don't protect him. Remember a few years ago against Cleveland it got rowdy because they took out Manuel to get back at us?  You never see that in Carolina because they don't like him. 

The organization is moving on from him in 2 yes, iirc, when the contract allows them to dump him.  The defense will fall apart as soon as Keuchly is forced to retire. The Panthers are going no where and Newton ain't the answer.

Haha, so predictable and consistent.  

I kinda hurts your argument that 1) you get hurt, team makes the SB, and your terrible qb wins the mvp and 2) in the middle of a playoff race on team with bad wrs, you get traded for mid round picks and the team makes the playoffs again without you.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's not how you do it.  Need to find a QB he can grow with...

And maybe he will end up looking for and getting that. His agent may advise him of that. Or maybe he’s just blaming his past production on the QB to get paid, and then once he gets paid he won’t care as much about the QB is for the future 

17 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Kelvin is a monster on the field  All he needs is an accurate QB who can place the ball up high or on the back shoulder.  I think he's a top 5 redzone target.  Only question I have is health, otherwise he's poised for a big year IMO.

Exaclty! Like he had in college! ?

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That was directed at the losers who talked crap to him on social media.  If you weren’t one of those losers, you shouldn’t have a problem with the comment. 

Haha, so predictable and consistent.  

I kinda hurts your argument that 1) you get hurt, team makes the SB, and your terrible qb wins the mvp and 2) in the middle of a playoff race on team with bad wrs, you get traded for mid round picks and the team makes the playoffs again without you.  

We made the playoffs without him, too.  

They win by defense. Newton is a small part of that team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And maybe he will end up looking for and getting that. His agent may advise him of that. Or maybe he’s just blaming his past production on the QB to get paid, and then once he gets paid he won’t care as much about the QB is for the future 

I was kidding.

That's what "elite" WRs say when they are shuffled off to their 3rd team in 4 seasons.

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Surprising comments. You can do a lot worse at QB than Cam Newton. 

Im thinking his point is more about the fit.  A qb who is excellent at placing the ball would get a lot of k benj....  think Coleston in New Orleans... 

Cam isn’t that sort of passer, he can rifle it down field to the most open guy. That’s not Benj.  

Maybe there really isn’t a knock on anyone here... just citing some facts and a suboptimal paring...

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Those are mediocre numbers if divided by 7.

Cam has had I believe two good years and the rest pretty avaerage. 

If his next 7 years produce the same yards, he’s in the top ten all time for passing yards. It’s not mediocre. Brady had 26,364 over the same period.  Which included an undefeated, 50TD season. Cams doing just fine. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Did they miss a beat when he wasn't starting?  No.

Newton is not that good.  He will not be starting in 4 years.

They were just as good with Jimmy Claussen and Derrick Anderson ?   

I must have missed the part where AnderClaussen ran over linebackers and won MVP’s  ???

Cam is awesome and it’s really not up for debate unless you reside in wrongville.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

He takes the blame by walking off camera.  He takes the blame by not going after touchdowns. He takes the blames by staring blankly at Ken Dorsey. L

That’s more like it.

If it were Boyst62 season, Cam Newton is the only bait you’d need to get him on your hook????

13 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Exaclty! Like he had in college! ?

11 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I must have missed the part where AnderClaussen ran over linebackers and won MVP’s  ???

Cam is awesome and it’s really not up for debate unless you reside in wrongville.  

Their defense was not at all close to what it was the next few years.  But carry on with this belief that Cam is a top 8 QB. I'd probably make a good argument he is not top 10.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

Their defense was not at all close to what it was the next few years.  But carry on with this belief that Cam is a top 8 QB. I'd probably make a good argument he is not top 10.

My favorite songs by you are “higher ground”

”isn’t she lovely” and “I just called to say I love you”  

“Part time lover” bangs too though ! 

20 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

...LMAO!..."The Pickle", limo and all...only Canton he's going to is in NY, home of St. Lawrence University...

People on here who think Cam was the problem for KB being out of shape, lazy, and having a limited route tree are just not being honest. If Cam was on your team, you would be more than happy. For all his imperfections, he is still a franchise QB who has won an MVP, broken numerous records, and taken his team to the SB. His teammates love and respect him as well as his community in the Carolinas.

The real question here is why KB is saying this now? Is he already preparing his excuse why he’s going to be an absolute disappointment for the Bills this year, because he doesn’t have a HOF QB throwing too him? Good luck with that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1