Russ Brandon - Leaving Role as President of Bills & Sabres due to workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Give me a list of things you feel are "normal healthy male behavior" on this list.

Even if we leave the murdering/raping/pillaging out (which were, and in some places and cultures still are, examples of desirable or 'healthy' male behavior) we're still left with an entire universe of things that human males (and females too) are prohibited from doing which would otherwise be considered normal healthy male behavior, both in public and especially in the workplace. There's a reason most offices have a dress code and a rule against masturbating at your desk, and it's not because the SJWs are after you.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

No, it's not. I know exactly what it was that broke the camel's back.  She is no longer employed at PSE, not even downtown the hall

Well, obviously SOME people know.  Feel free to spill the beans.

14 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I recognized it and I'm older than 34.5

Not intended in a disparaging way! I just know several of the people I enjoy interacting with here have been fans longer than I've been alive. It's always tough to tell how pop culture stuff will translate.

4 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Makes me wonder how long he was taking advantage of Ralph Wilson.

....funny/sad you should mention that BOE....Wilson treated him like a son, putting FULL faith & trust in him......RW was the one putting him into positions woefully unqualified for with any ever increasing pay grade..he ALWAYS referred to RW as "Mr. Wilson", never calling him Ralph despite his insistence...and now this.....bet RW just rolled over 27 times......and Mary is shell shocked........

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

People are people first, wherever they are.  I don't stop being a man, and a woman does not stop being a woman, no matter where we are; and in today's world we spend more time with the people we work with, at work, then we do anywhere else or with anyone else.  Work makes up the overwhelming majority of most people's entire social circle.  It is OK to make an advance towards someone you find attractive, even at work.

Not if you are in a position of authority over them its not.  That doesnt take into account if it was unwanted (which we dont know)

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

This is where you always go off the rails.  You pretend to demand objectivity yet you come into these discussions with an obvious (and harebrained) bias.

Hardly, and I'd say you're being dismissive of reality.  It's an incredibly one sided process. 

There's a reason that the #metoo movement has precipitated a large scale pullback by men in the work place, exiting mentor relationships, being less willing to work/travel with female co-workers in a 1:1 capacity etc.  There is a very real push to "believe the accuser" as opposed to finding the truth.  This is a real thing.

I don't know that's the case with Brandon.  Could be that he's a POS, and was serially abusive and grossly inappropriate, but until I know for sure, I won't celebrate his, or anyone else's dismissal (or recusal) on these grounds.  This shouldn't be controversial.

As an aside, your lecturing anyone about their biases is the height of irony.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Not if you are in a position of authority over them its not.  That doesnt take into account if it was unwanted (which we dont know)

I understand how it works in practicality.  I'm not arguing that.  What I'm saying is that it's wrong.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

...especially in this climate and litigious society now coming from it....many states have 5-7 year statute of limitations but they're readily being ignored today despite incidents being from the 80's and 90's.......it is a real societal mess..............

Pretty simple really....keep work at work and extracurricular activities away from the office. Your office persona should be 100% professional.  What you do on your own time, is up to you.   Example....Brian Cashman had a messy affair/divorce that was front page news for weeks in NY.  He is still GM of the Yankees.  If the affair was with a Yankees employee, I think he would have been gone years ago.

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Hardly, and I'd say you're being dismissive of reality.  It's an incredibly one sided process. 

There's a reason that the #metoo movement has precipitated a large scale pullback by men in the work place, exiting mentor relationships, being less willing to work/travel with female co-workers in a 1:1 capacity etc.  There is a very real push to "believe the accuser" as opposed to finding the truth.  This is a real thing.

I don't know that's the case with Brandon.  Could be that he's a POS, and was serially abusive and grossly inappropriate, but until I know for sure, I won't celebrate his, or anyone else's dismissal (or recusal) on these grounds.  This shouldn't be controversial.

What on Earth are you talking about?

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Even if we leave the murdering/raping/pillaging out (which were, and in some places and cultures still are, examples of desirable or 'healthy' male behavior) we're still left with an entire universe of things that human males (and females too) are prohibited from doing which would otherwise be considered normal healthy male behavior, both in public and especially in the workplace. There's a reason most offices have a dress code and a rule against masturbating at your desk, and it's not because the SJWs are after you.

Right, so we've now determined that raping, pillaging, murdering are healthy male behavior...

And we've determined that going to work naked and jerking or at your desk are essentially the same thing as asking a woman out, or placing your hand on her shoulder.

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

What on Earth are you talking about?

I'm participating in this thread:

What the hell are you on about?

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Dude you're making so many inferences.  No one, not even Russ when given the chance, has deemed this to be a grand conspiracy.

We don't know any facts and we may never will so you have to play it as the ball lies.  For now, it's Russ Brandon, the guy accused of sexual misconduct and "mysteriously" resigned the same day.

Also... you're way off base if you think there are people celebrating the firing for anything other than this guy no longer having his weasel face within 1,000 feet of our favorite teams.

• Like (+1) 3

I'm wary just because we don't know the details, and it was Kim who "confronted him", and it happens to be Kim the new president! Yeah she's the co-owner and can do what she wants, but it doesn't mean she's competent nor that her judgment on this is bias free! Will she be a good president? It means more meddling by owners and that rarely go well.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...especially in this climate and litigious society now coming from it....many states have 5-7 year statute of limitations but they're readily being ignored today despite incidents being from the 80's and 90's.......it is a real societal mess..............

I just (this is my opinion) really have a problem with dating in the work place when one is higher on the food chain then the other an directly in a position to help them/hurt them/create job security/force sex for job security.

Now....this probably comes from my military background where this is strictly prohibited (like an officer dating a enlisted) so there is that.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

This would be the cheapest way to remove Brandon.  I always assumed once Kim became more familar with the day to day aspect of the job she would take the position.  

...can tell you factually that Terry's behind the scenes "czar search" was to bring in someone Polian-like to groom Kim for the Presidency.....he referred to the Bills in the Inner Circle as "her baby"....doubt though that it was intended to come to fruition in this way.........

Just now, Jerome007 said:

I'm wary just because we don't know the details, and it was Kim who "confronted him", and it happens to be Kim the new president! Yeah she's the co-owner and can do what she wants, but it doesn't mean she's competent nor that her judgment on this is bias free! Will she be a good president? It means more meddling by owners and that rarely go well.

She'll be interim in those roles. 

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I understand how it works in practicality.  I'm not arguing that.  What I'm saying is that it's wrong.

I want you on my next board of directors ;)

40 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

What do you mean "taking advantage"?  By definition "consensual relationship" generally means no advantage was taken, but rather any advantage was freely given.

The standards should be applied evenly, otherwise we are living in a caste system.

Consent is legally considered problematic in any relationship with an assymetrical power structure (employer/employee; teacher/student; police officer/suspect; guard/prisoner; military higher to lower rank etc)

These standards are applied evenly whenever they're uncovered, and if they're not, it's because our legal system and individual businesses aren't all perfect (alert the media!  hot take!), not because there's some giant conspiracy against "men for being normal men"  Normal men are capable of controlling their sexual impulses.   Really.

34 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Not when you are the CEO.  Its different.  You will be seen as compromised by engaging in an internal relationship.

JoeF gets it.  If you're a supervisor and you want to date someone who is not in your reporting line but in a different group or division that's one thing, maybe you can pull it off, but if you're the CEO, you are seen as having 'fate control' over every single person in the organization, and it has the appearance of compromising your ability to be impartial.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Come on man. It's Russ Freakin' Brandon. The franchises will be fine without him.

Edited by Wayne Arnold
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

Well, obviously SOME people know.  Feel free to spill the beans.

He was hitting one. Another one finds out. The first gets mad. Gets paid and out.  And now Brandon is bye

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

As much as I think Russ is a douche, this is cause for termination? 

She worked under him.  Evidently in more than one way

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1