Russ Brandon - Leaving Role as President of Bills & Sabres due to workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Wait.... you were fired for workplace misconduct too?  Honestly everyone has had moments of poor judgement.  It does seem in 2018, some people forget their own issues.

Not fired, but it impacted a contract renewal and I decided to go off on my own...

I owned it with my board, came completely clean and when the time came to extend my deal, I left.   Its been a great decision to both own it and go off on my own, but I had to suck it up.  Life is sometimes about understanding your own weaknesses, admitting them, asking for and getting help and moving on.  

It wasn't harassment but consensual in a unique situation. Neither party was married, but I was the senior executive.  The standards are different.

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

That's the thing about advances.  You don't know if they are unwanted, or otherwise, until after you've made the advance.

We should not be attempting to pathologize normal male sexuality, not even in the work place.

Amazing that some guys are able to follow the rules and others not so much.

26 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

¶ ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) _ A person with direct knowledge of the decision tells The Associated Press that Buffalo Bills and Sabres president Russ Brandon is leaving his post in a major shake-up made by the teams' owners, Terry and Kim Pegula.

Edit:

http://buffalonews.com/2018/05/01/russ-brandon-resigns-from-bills-sabres-after-internal-investigation/

Russ Brandon has resigned as managing partner and president of the Pegula sports empire.

Kim Pegula has taken over as president.

The move comes after Pegula Sports and Entertainment conducted an internal investigation into Brandon's workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct, two sources told The Buffalo News.

Kim Pegula on Friday informed Brandon an internal investigation was being conducted. Two sources with knowledge of the investigation said it was triggered by allegations of inappropriate relationships with female employees.

When confronted by Kim Pegula, the sources said, Brandon denied any such relationships, but the investigation indicated he was deceitful about that and other job-related issues that were uncovered.

Curse is Broke. Curse of Russ is Broke. 

Buh bue Russ 

• Like (+1) 2

Let’s hope Kim knows how to be a President of an NFL and NHL hockey team....at the same time.  Hopefully they are looking for replacements for the two positions  This could be the beginning of the end of it isn’t.  Beane and Botteril better be the truth

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

While I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion here, both because of Brandon's (some would say deserved) unpopularity amongst the fan base, and because of a rush by SJWs and those afraid to confront them, to assume the guilt of any man accused of misbehavior; before I celebrate steps towards the financial ruin of another human being, I'd like to hear/see the evidence, know how the investigation was conducted, and hear Brandon's side.

Until then I stand opposed, on principle.

steps toward financial ruin?  He was well-compensated; I would hope he’s nowhere near financial ruin.

I wish him all the best in his personal life, but from a “Bills fan perspective”, I’m happy to see him go.

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

If you need an answer to that best of luck 

What are you talking about?

A man's life is being destroyed here and we have animals cheering based on zero information.

Awesome.  

Edited by jmc12290
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, horned dogs said:

Amazing that some guys are able to follow the rules and others not so much.

What rules did Russ Brandon break?  And do you mean rules, or laws?  And what constitutes just law here?  Do you mean "Don't run up and grab a woman by her breasts"?  Because I think we can all agree on that one.  Or do you mean "Don't do anything that has the potential to make a woman feel briefly awkward or uncomfortable?"  Because I don't think I can agree there.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, jmc12290 said:

What are you talking about?

A man's life is being destroyed here and we have animals cheering based on zero information.

Awesome.  You pieces of **** make me sick.

Between Russ Brandon and us... I'm pretty sure he's the piece of ****.

I wonder what his parachute looks like - it appears he resigned, so he wasn't fired for cause, but nor would he necessarily have gotten any $$ on the way out (although perhaps he negotiated something).  But he probably had deferred comp and future bonus etc. that he left on the table.  In other words, these encounters may have cost him a boatload of cash.

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

"Don't do anything that has the potential to make a woman feel briefly awkward or uncomfortable?" 

If it's a one time thing...I don't think it would be a problem. If it was a REPEATED thing, that's a whole other issue.

10 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

That's the thing about advances.  You don't know if they are unwanted, or otherwise, until after you've made the advance.

We should not be attempting to pathologize normal male sexuality, not even in the work place.

Hey, I married a coworker, so you're preaching to the choir 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

So it is confirmed. Russ Brandon owns an iphone!

Of course you were going to leave after 20 years, Russ.

That’s why you took on a role with the Sabres as well.....because you were looking to leave.

Liar.

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

steps toward financial ruin?  He was well-compensated; I would hope he’s nowhere near financial ruin.

I wish him all the best in his personal life, but from a “Bills fan perspective”, I’m happy to see him go.

He is losing his livelihood at a time he didn't plan to.  For anyone, regardless of compensation levels, that's a step towards financial ruin.

And even if you are happy to see him go, which is fair, are you so eager to see him gone that you don't mind seeing him hustled out the door on nebulous charges of "workplace misconduct"?  I'm not.

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

What rules did Russ Brandon break?  And do you mean rules, or laws?  And what constitutes just law here?  Do you mean "Don't run up and grab a woman by her breasts"?  Because I think we can all agree on that one.  Or do you mean "Don't do anything that has the potential to make a woman feel briefly awkward or uncomfortable?"  Because I don't think I can agree there.

One thing I learned is that if you are in a position of power the standards are different.  Taking advantage of that position even in a consensual relationship is not acceptable in any circumstance.  You need to be aware of the position you hold and what you represent.  So it's not criminal but criminally bad judgment and could have civil implications.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

If it's a one time thing...I don't think it would be a problem. If it was a REPEATED thing, that's a whole other issue.

If it's a repeated thing with the same woman, that rises to the level of harassment.   Possibly.

If it's different women, it's les likely.

Either way, we don't know, so I'm not celebrating.  On principal.