Russ Brandon - Leaving Role as President of Bills & Sabres due to workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

There is everyone else in the world you can “play” with. ALMOST the entire popultion of the planet! This is horrible judgement and it makes me seriously question the man. The scrapes and bruises he faces includes the loss of a 7 figure job and public shame to go with a discredited professional reputation.  Ooops! 

I had a guy who worked for me at a bank, who I sighted several times with a young lady who reported to him. I gently let him know I had noticed, and she found work at another bank. There are very good reasons this is not appropriate behavior, many of which have been cited above. (They are still happily married about 25 years later :))

The problem with guys like Brandon is that it’s one thing to have your example (which obviously is bad news), but it’s another for a married dude to be sleeping around with those who report to him. It’s not like he’s searching for the love of his life, it’s obviously not going to turn out good. These guys are idiots. 

"I won't dignify that with a comment" says Brandon.

Sounds like the dude is in denial.  

At least Charlie Rose came clean the night he got canned...saying he made some sexual advances he thought would be well received but he realized he was wrong.

1 hour ago, jimmy10 said:

HarmfulQuaintBlesbok-size_restricted.gif

EDIT: I posted this before there were any details added to the headline and original post. Obviously this gif refers to the results of him being out and not the circumstances of why he’s out. 

Well isn't this just a kick in the pants !
So many will be pleased that house has been cleansed after all this time. But who will sell all those tickets ? and be greatly respected within the industry so well as Dear Ole Russ ?

Great Python animation btw.

Thanks for the chuckle and  inspiring  a knowing grin from me.

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Listening to WGR with Bulldog hearing from people who say that there will be much more coming out about this.  People he's hearing from are not surprised by this despite Brandon's response to Benigni. 

PS:  Please find a new President(s) for each or both teams ASAP.

Kim Pegula can't keep this gig for anything longer than an emergency, interim period.

Edited by Fadingpain

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

Oh great, who are people going to blame for the Bills failures in the personnel department from this day forward ? 

well we did up until now ? why change ?

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Listening to WGR with Bulldog hearing from people who say that there will be much more coming out about this.  People he's hearing from are not surprised by this despite Brandon's response to Benigni. 

Hard to believe that both Ralph and the Pegula’s were duped by this clown. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jacobo Peterman said:

I'm sure there are many people who arent surprised by this.  I feel sorry for his family.   Don't think Training Camp at Fisher will extend past the current deal 2021?

I'm kind of hoping that a new marketing person might bring some new advertisers to the camp as the last few years it's gotten worse and worse.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jacobo Peterman said:

I'm sure there are many people who arent surprised by this.  I feel sorry for his family.   Don't think Training Camp at Fisher will extend past the current deal 2021?

Fisher was/is successful for the Bills.

I don't see that changing because an alumnus was fired.

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

I'm kind of hoping that a new marketing person might bring some new advertisers to the camp as the last few years it's gotten worse and worse.

You mean better than the watch company that won't pay it's bills from the Bills?

1 minute ago, boater said:

Fisher was/is successful for the Bills.

I don't see that changing because an alumnus was fired.

Don't necessarily disagree with you, but who knows what is attributable directly to Brandon pushing/fighting for it, or not.

Some things might change.  

I’m not going to comment too much on the subject but figured I’d say my piece. I like Russ. I’ve always liked Russ. He gave his heart and soul to that organization and OFTEN took misguided bullets without complaint. He didn’t mind being the fall guy as long as the franchise was in a good place. He was a good and loyal solider that was incredibly gifted as a sports executive. His reputation around sports is strong.

On a personal level, I like Russ. He was always good to me. He could chop it up with Fortune 500 CEO’s as well as the janitorial staff. Everyone liked Russ and he was a great leader.

With that being said this was always going to be his eventual downfall. There are many a story that I’m not going to disclose that were pretty serious. This isn’t the first time that he came under fire for something like this. I actually think that the first time was much worse. In this climate though you just can’t be doing that. This will likely get uglier before it gets prettier. I’d expect the Stormy Daniels approach to roll through at some point. Hopefully for everyone though they move on and nobody is hurt further.

-KJ

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not going to comment too much on the subject but figured I’d say my piece. I like Russ. I’ve always liked Russ. He gave his heart and soul to that organization and OFTEN took misguided bullets without complaint. He didn’t mind being the fall guy as long as the franchise was in a good place. He was a good and loyal solider that was incredibly gifted as a sports executive. His reputation around sports is strong.

On a personal level, I like Russ. He was always good to me. He could chop it up with Fortune 500 CEO’s as well as the janitorial staff. Everyone liked Russ and he was a great leader.

With that being said this was always going to be his eventual downfall. There are many a story that I’m not going to disclose that we’re pretty serious. This isn’t the first time that he came under fire for something like this. I actually think that the first time was much worse. In this climate though you just can’t be doing that. This will likely get uglier before it gets prettier. I’d expect that Stormy Daniels approach to roll through at some ppint. Hopefully for everyone though they move on and nobody is hurt further.

-KJ

I was just thinking about this myself, hope to hell he/it just goes away. The whole scandal is not going to help anyone.

1 hour ago, fridge said:

Okay okay okay... the infidelity/workplace misconduct, fine. I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm glad he's gone.

But...is anyone else super excited to find out more about the other "job-related issues that were uncovered"? What wild speculation should we run with there? Meddling with the franchises beyond the scope of marketing? Internal threats? Financial shadiness? General snake-like behavior?

The mole?

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Huh?  He could have done nothing but slept in his office from 8-5 every day, and the team still would be profitable.  Its not like he reinvented the wheel.

Reminds me of Paul Ryan. He sleeps in his office every night/day, and the government is still corrupt. 

Edited by drf1835

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

People can hate on Brandon all they want but there's something to be said about a guy who can consistently sell out Bills games while in the midst of a 17-year playoff drought and most seasons playing meaningless games by December. Obviously he should have never been put in a GM role but that was Ralph Wilson's decision. He's also responsible for developing training camp at St. John Fisher which is typically referred to one of the nicest and most fan-interactive camps in the league by those that visit it.

I guess call me a heartless bast**d but I think there'd be more to say if he focused more managerial attention on ending the drought, instead of on PR-coup moves to the detriment of the football organization

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Damn!  Kim is going to be in the role of president on a permanent basis. Didn't expect that. 

I'm not shocked that is being reported for the Bills.  For the Sabres... I honestly don't think she understands enough about the sport to be the franchise President.  It's the same complaint I had about Brandon.  Hopefully they have a well delineated hierarchy to handle everything.

Just now, fridge said:

I'm not shocked that is being reported for the Bills.  For the Sabres... I honestly don't think she understands enough about the sport to be the franchise President.  It's the same complaint I had about Brandon.  Hopefully they have a well delineated hierarchy to handle everything.

No way Kim is the real president for very long.  Either it will be a figurehead type position, or she'll give way to someone who knows what they are doing.  She just has no credentials for doing something like that whatsoever.

I know she's the boss/pays the bills (or at least her husband does) but the point stands.

4 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

I was just thinking about this myself, hope to hell he/it just goes away. The whole scandal is not going to help anyone.

You can expect a lawsuit (don’t think from him). The irony is his brother is the Bills counsel (or at least was). He will probably have to recuse himself if he is still there.

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

Every now and then it's just fun to sit back and watch these threads. All kinds of reinforcement of what you already thought you knew.

Intriguing! 

Tells us more.

Just now, Fadingpain said:

No way Kim is the real president for very long.  Either it will be a figurehead type position, or she'll give way to someone who knows what they are doing.  She just has no credentials for doing something like that whatsoever.

I know she's the boss/pays the bills (or at least her husband does) but the point stands.

They literally just announced it's a permanent position.

1 minute ago, fridge said:

What are her day-to-day responsibilities? Managing two pro teams requires a lot more knowledge than just football/hockey smarts, and I thought I read that Terry was taking over sports operations.

Frankly, I have no reason to doubt that Kim Pegula is not up to the task, especially considering her predecessors weren't exactly setting the world on fire.

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

¶ ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) _ A person with direct knowledge of the decision tells The Associated Press that Buffalo Bills and Sabres president Russ Brandon is leaving his post in a major shake-up made by the teams' owners, Terry and Kim Pegula.

Edit:

http://buffalonews.com/2018/05/01/russ-brandon-resigns-from-bills-sabres-after-internal-investigation/

Russ Brandon has resigned as managing partner and president of the Pegula sports empire.

Kim Pegula has taken over as president.

The move comes after Pegula Sports and Entertainment conducted an internal investigation into Brandon's workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct, two sources told The Buffalo News.

Kim Pegula on Friday informed Brandon an internal investigation was being conducted. Two sources with knowledge of the investigation said it was triggered by allegations of inappropriate relationships with female employees.

When confronted by Kim Pegula, the sources said, Brandon denied any such relationships, but the investigation indicated he was deceitful about that and other job-related issues that were uncovered.

Wow,  love how he tells Buffalo News that is planned on leaving after 20 years.  The guy dicks around with the hired help and then tells Kim he did nothing,  yes Russ was the magic koolaid man.  Every season he would do something to sell the fans a garbage product,  remember Russ was the clown that wanted Doug Whaley.  

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Judging from this thread I'm the only person in Buffalo that hasn't been hit on by Russ Brandon.

Does that hurt you deep in your soul? You may have cause for civil action!  :)