HERE WE GO! GIANTS looking to TRADE DOWN

KDIGGZ

55 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think what Chuck means is the Bills have more capital than anyone can match.  The question is simply how much are they willing to pay not can they outbid someone else.  They absolutely can.  Do they want to is the only question. 

This is what i said in my original post in this thread. The team looking to trade back in the draft will most likely call the Bills before finalizing any deals due to the fact the Bills have the most to give in return. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

It’s the right mindset to get fleeced.  Bills are in the drivers seat, with four teams in top seven wanting badly to trade down, and the Bills with the most to offer.

I don’t care. Get the QB. Enough trying to play these games with not wanting to spend. The time is now. Get the player. I don’t care about what it takes.

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Put me in the "whatever it takes" crowd.  I'll deal with "overpaying" the perceived value, and missing out on a random DL or LB.

Get me the franchise QB.  The time is now.

If only it were that simple - overpay for “the franchise QB”.

Right now we can only overpay for a lottery ticket with better than average odds. :beer:

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO....wait until AFTER the draft........no matter what, McBeane gets fired 4,893 times at least....stay tuned...........

I'm fully expecting at least 1 person on this board to have an anxiety attack before the draft even starts. We'll have answers soon enough!

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

It’s the right mindset to get fleeced.  Bills are in the drivers seat, with four teams in top seven wanting badly to trade down, and the Bills with the most to offer.

You get a franchise QB who starts for the next 12 years and no one is going to care you didn't get the MLB/CB/G that was better than the other guy you wound up getting in the 3rd

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Heitz said:

If only it were that simple - overpay for “the franchise QB”.

Right now we can only overpay for a lottery ticket with better than average odds. :beer:

So then you just take your penis and go home?

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

I think something crazy is going to happen tonight involving Draft Picks and players on our roster...

I going on record, we trade LeSean McCoy or Jerry Hughes combined with a package of picks for the 2nd pick over all and LT Flowers from the New York Giants. We draft either Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen.

Lets Go Bills!!!!

Anything can happen with Beane.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, wppete said:

I think something crazy is going to happen tonight involving Draft Picks and players on our roster...

I going on record, we trade LeSean McCoy or Jerry Hughes combined with a package of picks for the 2nd pick over all and LT Flowers from the New York Giants. We draft either Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen.

Lets Go Bills!!!!

I heard Beane is willing to throw McDermott in too because he's tired of the McBean moniker....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t care. Get the QB. Enough trying to play these games with not wanting to spend. The time is now. Get the player. I don’t care about what it takes.

Maybe if there were only 1 or 2 top QBs in the draft, but that's not the case.  There are at least four top QBs, about whom there is zero consensus.  Anyone who thinks they know which one is "the guy" is kidding themselves.  It sounds as if Beane would be happy with any of the four, which is exactly the right mindset since no one knows for sure.  That puts the Bills in a very favorable bargaining position, with the ability to get "our guy" at 2, 4 or even 5 or 6.  No need to panic.  

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

Maybe if there were only 1 or 2 top QBs in the draft, but that's not the case.  There are at least four top QBs, about whom there is zero consensus.  Anyone who thinks they know which one is "the guy" is kidding themselves.  It sounds as if Beane would be happy with any of the four, which is exactly the right mindset since no one knows for sure.  That puts the Bills in a very favorable bargaining position, with the ability to get "our guy" at 2, 4 or even 5 or 6.  No need to panic.  

He literally just said yesterday he sees 1 franchise guy above the rest and can trade to 2 without giving up picks next year.  As long as Baker wasn't that one guy, he's probably had something agreed to in principle with the Giants for a bit of time.

19 minutes ago, mannc said:

I just don’t agree with what you are saying. That’s really where I’m at with it. I don’t want them to end up with the one that’s left. I want them to get the 1 they want.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I continue to think Denver wants Denzel Ward

I agree.

I think many draft prognosticators underestimate the message sent by a team when taking a QB early.  It really defines where the organization is going and many GMs don't want to intentionally cause drama on their teams.  I believe this applies to the Giants, Broncos, and Dolphins in this year's draft of teams who are rumored to be looking at QB.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the only reason Broncos are leaking interest in QBs is to maximize this return on the 5th pick. It was mayfield forever and now all of a sudden today, when it appears mayfield won’t be there,  they like Darnold? Ok. 

could be , buddy of mine if s big broncos fan and follows them like you follow the Bills , his point all along is the Broncos are not taking a qb in round 1 

1 minute ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

could be , buddy of mine if s big broncos fan and follows them like you follow the Bills , his point all along is the Broncos are not taking a qb in round 1 

I agree,  I live in "Broncoland" and that is the opinion of almost all fans.

After jumping on Keenum and having the 5th pick to begin with, drafting a QB (especially moving up) is just stupid.

I'd rather they trade up to 5 or 6, but I support whatever Beane does.

Although I don't like Allen or Jackson, so I hope it isn't one of them. And I hope it isn't a non-QB.

My loyalties have limits ...

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

:(

Just like Beane said yesterday that he is planning on picking at #12. 

No way a smart smart coach or GM is going to give away any bit of leverage by saying "yeah we want/expect to trade down/up". 

Why would they say that and tip their hand? This is a giant poker game. 

If the Giants want to trade down, they want to get as much h as possible, and the way to do that is to make the other team think you are staying put, in order to get them to up the offer. 

16 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The Giants have the pick we want

We have the most to offer

Right now Beane & DG are in a staring contest and are going to spend the next ~6 hours seeing who blinks first.

Denver has 5, 40, 71, 99, 106, and 109. 

That's arguably as good as what we have given the huge premium on the #5 slot. 

14 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Denver has 5, 40, 71, 99, 106, and 109. 

That's arguably as good as what we have given the huge premium on the #5 slot. 

Beane said he can get to 2 without giving up the 2019 pick.  

If he did put that on the table, you are looking at 12 / 22 / 53 / 65 / 2019 1st as being roughly equal to 5 / 40 / 71 / 2019 1st.  Are the Broncos willing to put all that on the table to go from 5 to 2?

If the Browns / Broncos / Colts want to trade down, the Giants could offer them 12 / 53 / 65 / 66 to get one of Chubb or Barkley, still have picks at 22 & 34 and the 2019 Bills 1st.