HERE WE GO! GIANTS looking to TRADE DOWN

KDIGGZ

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

I am going to go ahead and think this is garbage.  The Broncos

A) Would have to give up a 1st, 2nd, and 2 3rds or #5 this year and their 1st in 2019 to get #2. 

B) Are not giving up that many picks to move up three spots for what would be a backup QB for the next two years, when they can stay at #5 and perhaps get Barkley.

Or, maybe the best QB in the draft is to hard to pass up, especially since Keenum isnt exactly on a long term starters deal.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Don’t give up the 2019 1st. You don’t need to!! That is your best asset. The Giants can have 12, 22, 53, 96 and a 4th next year. 

for me keeping some pics this year and sacrificing a first next years works.   Next year they can buy a first round talent with their free agent pool of money .  If they trade all their picks this year , it will be a long season and a season that you are giving the quarterbacks limited resources to work with 

11 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

We went from possibly not having a trade partner as a narrative to the Giants, Browns, Broncos, and Colts all looking to move back from 2, 4, 5, and 6 respectively. Plus, competition drives prices down!

I've been saying it for a little while.  All these picks, we are the prettiest girl in the room.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills are the only team with the draft capital to get into the top 5.

The Bills know their board.  More importantly, they know the differential between their #1, #2, #3, #4, #5 QBs on their board

If the differential between QBs on the board is very significant - Beane and Gettleman will make a deal.

If the differential between QBs on the board is slight - Beane and Dorsey will make a deal

If they feel there is little difference between #1 and #4 - the Colts, Bears and Bucs are waiting...

The Bills will trade up...its just a matter of where and it all depends on the QB rankings and the differences.

My personal ranking is that Darnold and Rosen are basically equal -- but I like Josh then there is a drop to Mayfield and a further significant drop to Allen and Jackson.  They haven't spent time with Jackson so their evaluation ends at Allen.  If the Bills agree they likely do a something like #1-12 and #1-22 for Colts 1-6 and 3-3 (Colts get a 10% or so premium).  Then package #1-6, 2019-1 and 2-21 for #1-2

Bills still have #2-24, 3-1,  3-3, 3-32 to fill needs.  Get a WR (Miller or Chark), Interior OL (Ragnow or Price (drops)), T (Rankin (who has position flexibility) or Christian), LB (Jewell or Darius Leonard--drafting Tegray Scales later).   Tony Adams (G), Kendrick Norton, Issac Yiadom, Tegray Scales all candidates for later picks.

Edited by JoeF

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

We went from possibly not having a trade partner as a narrative to the Giants, Browns, Broncos, and Colts all looking to move back from 2, 4, 5, and 6 respectively. Plus, competition drives prices down!

true but if Denver wants to move to 2 then none of that matters .  the draft starts at 4 with the top 3 off the board 

Just now, JoeF said:

The Bills are the only team with the draft capital to get into the top 5.

The Bills know their board.  More importantly, they know the differential between their #1, #2, #3, #4, #5 QBs on their board

If the differential between QBs on the board is very significant - Beane and Gettleman will make a deal.

If the differential between QBs on the board is slight - Beane and Dorsey will make a deal

If they feel there is little difference between #1 and #4 - the Colts, Bears and Bucs are waiting...

The Bills will trade up...its just a matter of where and it all depends on the QB rankings and the differences.

My personal ranking is that Darnold and Rosen are basically equal -- but I like Josh then there is a drop to Mayfield and a further significant drop to Allen and Jackson.  They haven't spent time with Jackson so their evaluation ends at Allen.  If the Bills agree they likely do a something like #1-12 and #1-22 for Colts 1-6 and 3-3 (Colts get a 10% or so premium).  Then package #1-6, 2019-1 and 2-21 for #1-2

Bills still have #2-21, 3-1,  3-3, 3-32 to fill needs.  Get a WR (Miller or Chark), Interior OL (Ragnow or Price (drops)), T (Rankin (who has position flexibility) or Christian), LB (Jewell or Darius Leonard--drafting Tegray Scales later).   Tony Adams (G), Kendrick Norton, Issac Yiadom, Tegray Scales all candidates for later picks.

Denver doesn't have the capitol to move from 5-3 ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

Or, maybe the best QB in the draft is to hard to pass up, especially since Keenum isnt exactly on a long term starters deal.

Or just maybe the Giants are drumming up false interest to try and get the Bills to bend on giving up three 1sts.

I sincerely hope our front office doesnt get a case of the chicken littles in the next few hours.  Everyone really needs to take a step back and look at this stuff in a more calm fashion.

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

You think the timing of all this is coincidental?

Oh no, not at all.  I think that Allbright was a major ass for doing it, and some team probably asked him to do it.  I just can't believe these teams wouldn't have known it was out there.  I also don't think a team that wants him, even in the top 5, would change their mind because of tweets he made 3 or 4 years ago as a kid in HS.  Just my opinion anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

Browns like Allen the most and have Mayfield ranked close second.  Bills like Mayfield and Browns know this.  Bills-Browns have it worked that that Browns take Mayfield #1 to take Jets out of the mix of taking him.  If Allen is still there at #4 like he should be, Browns then take Allen and trade Mayfield to Bills for a huge haul.  If Giants or Jets blow the plan up and Allen gets picked #2 or #3 which seems unlikely, the deal is off and Browns remain content with Mayfield and take Barkley/Chubb.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, baskingridgebillsfan said:

true but if Denver wants to move to 2 then none of that matters .  the draft starts at 4 with the top 3 off the board 

I hear this a lot. The odds that any team has four quarterbacks rated the same or even very close is very slim to non existent. The Bills in particular have one guy they would absolutely move up to get, even giving away the 2 firsts this year and another high pick this year or next. 

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

OK.  We have an unnamed source along with an un quantified deal.  We just learned a lot- NOT!!!  I want the two minutes back that I used to open this "informative" thread.

dude, it's ESPN.  would you not consider them a reliable source of information?  lol go back to sleep

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Do not blink yet. This is the kind of rumor which  can help teams looking to move up. If i am a GM i am making the Bills my last phone call before i make any trade out of the top 6. 

Teams have known what other teams have for months.  This isn't some wide open auction.  This is down to a few teams unless Beane has already just put down the best hand.

Realistically 12 / 22/ 2019 1st / 56 / 97

Something like that isn't going to be beat by anyone.

With 2 / 4 / 5 / 6 up for sale, the Giants can feel comfortable moving back to 12 and still being in position to get back up if they want 1 certain guy.

• Like (+1) 1