Go on the record -do the Bills trade up?

sullim4

Will the Bills trade up from 12?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills trade up from 12?

• Yes, with the Giants to Pick 2
    • Yes, with another team between picks 4-11
    • No

5 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I think a QB slides to 12 and they take him there (leaning toward Baker or Allen).

Have a feeling that Baker's chippy attitude and height, and Allen not being a great football player, push them down. 

I would be ecstatic

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Yeah i know some except mediocrity here in Buffalo. But hey there is a team here 

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah i know some except mediocrity here in Buffalo. But hey there is a team here 

As there are teams in 31 other places.  And four of the 5 that had the worst 2017 also need a QB and don't have to do "whatever it takes".  

When end you were a kid and your Mommy drove by a closed candy store, did you still cry about not getting a lollipop?  Do you still blame Mommy?

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, sullim4 said:

We're almost 72 hours away... seems like the right time to do this.

I'll do an accounting come Friday morning - for now, give your best guess and your rationale behind it.

If Mayfield is of the board before  Cleveland pick # 4 then I’m fine just staying put at 12 , As long as nobody  jumps ahead of us for a QB ( Arizona/ Miami /especially NE*) 

My heart is telling me that they will trade somewhere somewhere between 4-11 but the pessimist in me thinks they’ll do the “Billsy” thing, and keep the picks draft a LB or DT at 12 and 22, only to grab a QB like Kyle Lauletta or Mike White in the 3rd round.  I can just see Brandon Beane or McDermott saying “We feel very confident with AJ and Nate at QB.”  Hope it doesn’t happen but I can totally see it going down 

I'm very confident they are moving up for somebody.

Either the Bills have a prospect they LOVE and are willing give up a bunch to get him... or they have a few guys they would be very happy with, and just need to jump a few more spots to make sure they aren't left empty handed.

Who will they end up landing?  Which spot will they need to trade into?  Even Brandon Beane doesn't know that for sure.

He probably (hopefully) has a plan, which can change depending on the scenario and who is still on the board. 

The fact that Cleveland hasn't traded the pick yet, tells me they aren't in business to move.  Despite the back-and-forth reports, the Browns have a clear target at #1.  They just aren't letting that information leak out.  Once the Browns turn that card in, the Bills may be scrambling to get the Giants on the phone.  If their top guy is off the board, they may start talking to the Broncos at #5 or one of the teams directly after them.

8 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

My heart is telling me that they will trade somewhere somewhere between 4-11 but the pessimist in me thinks they’ll do the “Billsy” thing, and keep the picks draft a LB or DT at 12 and 22, only to grab a QB like Kyle Lauletta or Mike White in the 3rd round.  I can just see Brandon Beane or McDermott saying “We feel very confident with AJ and Nate at QB.”  Hope it doesn’t happen but I can totally see it going down 

Let me ask you this 

Do you think McBeane is willing to move up for any of the ( so called ) top 4 QB’s ? 

Do you really believe that the goal is to get anyone of them ? Is it a possibility that there’s maybe only 2 that are worth of trading up for? 

And what if Cleveland takes one of them and Giants take the other , 

Should we still try to move up ? 

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

As there are teams in 31 other places.  And four of the 5 that had the worst 2017 also need a QB and don't have to do "whatever it takes".  

When end you were a kid and your Mommy drove by a closed candy store, did you still cry about not getting a lollipop?  Do you still blame Mommy?

Yay buffalo has a team. Who cares that thier QB play has been around Division III football level. We have a team. We love out 6-9 eins every year. We love finding miracle ways or in the hunt playoffs. 

We accept mediocrity because we have a team. Yay yay yaya. 

I think they either trade 12 / 22 / 2019 1st / 53 / 56 for Darnold, or they trade 12 / 53 / 56 / 65 for a pick between 4-6 to get one of Allen / Baker / Rosen.  I do wonder if they've downgraded Baker and/or Rosen due to a potential personality clash, which could also upgrade Darnold / Allen.  I also wouldn't be shocked to learn we have Lamar inside our top 4 or even 3.

Basically I believe if the opportunity is there to get the one guy they believe in, they'll go all out to make it happen, otherwise I trust they'll be prudent in the price they pay to move.

17 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I think a QB slides to 12 and they take him there (leaning toward Baker or Allen).

Have a feeling that Baker's chippy attitude and height, and Allen not being a great football player, push them down. 

If this happened, I’d be a nervous wreck till we picked and the ecstatic!

16 hours ago, DougFlutie7 said:

That’s not Brass balls that’s stupidity. Especially if Allen was the one falling. You don’t risk missing your guy, you go get him. 

.....and Brass Balls is also trading up to get somebody who has a 50% chance of being a bust.  Regardless, you got a rookie QB,  likely to be holding a clip board for a year or two, while you have street FA's playing offensive line, linebacker and 5th/6th defensive backs.  Yep.  two years of 3-13 and you traded away the next year's first round pick #2.   ..............   Unless you really LIKE coaching junior college division III or selling real estate,,, you don't do that.

6 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Hey.  Different people do different things.   The Bills logo does not mean they are looking for Dennis Shaw.

7 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I think the Browns take Darnold 1. 

2 is Barkley

3 is Baker 

4 comes up and a trade flashes. Bills trade for Darnold. Browns get 5 / 22 / 65 / 2019 Bills 1st, Broncos get 12 / 53 / 56. 

Browns take Allen 4 and Chubb 5. 

I like where you are going with that.

Draft-then-trade used to happen.......Elway and Eli are examples.........but money was a bigger factor in slotting back then too.    

Not that I would worry about it but Darnold would probably be bummed...........he has taken note of the roster Cleveland is putting together........that's a lot of young talent. 

I voted "trade with another team"   but I don't care how they do it I just hope they get Darnold or Rosen and would be less ecstatic but happy with Allen, Mayfield or Jackson too.

I have a son I want to get interested in the Bills but not pushing it till they get a legit stud QB prospect for the first time since Kelly.

This is BIG for a franchise with a graying fanbase in a market where lot's of kids have been lost to big name teams with big name QB's.

This opportunity has been 14 years coming since the epic miss on Roethlisberger which lead to the reach for the FAR lesser prospect JP Losman and subsequent Aaron Rodgers miss.

Yes - depending on how the first 3-6 picks go.  I suspect they have 1 tier 1 QB, 2 who are a half step behind, and 3 who are another half step behind.  If one of those top 3 is available in pick 5 and they can swing a deal with Denver - or not, they will work the phones moving down as long as a top 3 is there.  Once those 3 are gone they probably sit tight and maybe move up to 8 or 9 (depending on cost) - to make sure no one leapfrogs and leap over Miami who is probably after a QB too.

I think the second scenario is they don't move at all if they aren't viewing those bottom tier picks as worthy of top 10 - they aren't going to reach.

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yay buffalo has a team. Who cares that thier QB play has been around Division III football level. We have a team. We love out 6-9 eins every year. We love finding miracle ways or in the hunt playoffs. 

We accept mediocrity because we have a team. Yay yay yaya. 

Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.  How do you do "whatever it takes" when your prospective trade partners also need to do "whatever it takes" and for them that simply means stating put?

The whole line of "reasoning" is as dumb as can be.  If Beane doesn't bring a gun and threaten other GMs, you'll say he didn't do enough.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.  How do you do "whatever it takes" when your prospective trade partners also need to do "whatever it takes" and for them that simply means stating put?

The whole line of "reasoning" is as dumb as can be.  If Beane doesn't bring a gun and threaten other GMs, you'll say he didn't do enough.

And yet no smart football response from you. Very typical with your childish mind. 

Every action this front office has taken tracks with a desire to acquire the capital necessary to move up in a strong QB draft.  Thusfar, this front office has given me no reason to imagine that they are foolish, nor have they given me reason to doubt that a plan is in place.

They will trade up.

I don’t know because I can’t gauge what I think Beane will do yet. If he doesn’t I’m done. 

If the Bills don’t get a QB it’s on Beane. If they draft Allen, Beane should be fired. 

This organization does not deserve the benefit of doubt, and they don’t deserve our blind loyalty.