PAuline: agreement in principle with giants

Just now on wgr. Giants are still deciding if they want to stay at 2 or if any other teams come in with offers . But there is an agreement with them if they decide to trade with bills 

Edited by *******
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanMike said:

Please stay where we are at McBean. We need to gather talent and a QB will fall in the draft. It happens every year. Build up our depth.

Doesn't matter if a QB falls, it should be the QB Beane wants. I would hope the 6 top QBs in this draft are not considered interchangeable.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, BillsFanMike said:

Please stay where we are at McBean. We need to gather talent and a QB will fall in the draft. It happens every year. Build up our depth.

Instead of getting the hottest girl at the bar, I’m going to wait until bar closing and hopefully a non-beast will be left.  It’s a great strategy. :)

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanMike said:

But we don’t want “A Quarterback”, we want “THE quarterback”. If we were just looking for a QB in the draft, hell, stay put and take one in the later rounds.

otherwise target your guy and do what it takes to get him.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Instead of getting the hottest girl at the bar, I’m going to wait until bar closing and hopefully a non-beast will be left.  It’s a great strategy. :)

the only issue is sobering up...

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

what's wrong with that?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

The Bills might trade or might not as well. :lol:

1 more week to go, but I am loving this.

same here.  It's almost a letdown when the draft is over.  The speculation and rumors are so much of the fun, IMO.  !!

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Flip her over? 

Ouch. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFanMike said:

Yup keep kicking that can. Been working wonders so far.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

But in your analogy, it's not just hitting it with the girl in the bar where the investment is basically a few hours and just a little bit of money. But, instead, you have marry her, forfeit your house, agree to the number of kids to have in 4 years, pay for her vehicle, be willing to relocate at any time necessary, be willing to get rid of two of your best and closest friends because she doesn't like them, and ready to forego wild vacations for the next 12 years for someone you've met, and chatted with in an intoxicated condition (QB drunk) over the period of about 3 hours. That's the analogy....

So, you can take the hottest girl with all of this tied to the cost, which also comes with a complete unknown as to how she'll age, what friends she'll bring into her life, what her parents or family is like, if she's way over her head in debt, and whether she's carrying any diseases...

Or, you can take the girl who's cute, not as drunk, fun and smart and says, just take me as I am, no strings, no requirements and I'll give up for you everything I've got to make this work. 

That's full string in your analogy....

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Might have to. What do you do when the hottest girl at the bar is sitting next to her 6'5" brother , is carrying mace and wearing a chastity belt? Time for plan B 

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

30F5D0E600000578-0-image-m-137_145483078

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hey, it's worked for this team for the last half-century, right?

11 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

so wouldn't that say that there is no agreement in place...?

I liken it to a metalhead selling his first guitar. He posts the ad, takes some calls, shows it off to a couple prospective buyers. One of them offers $1000. He's not really sure he wants to sell it, but  if he did $1000 would get the deal done.

3 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

But in your analogy, it's not just hitting it with the girl in the bar where the investment is basically a few hours and just a little bit of money. But, instead, you have marry her, forfeit your house, agree to the number of kids to have in 4 years, pay for her vehicle, be willing to relocate at any time necessary, be willing to get rid of two of your best and closest friends because she doesn't like them, and ready to forego wild vacations for the next 12 years for someone you've met, and chatted with in an intoxicated condition (QB drunk) over the period of about 3 hours. That's the analogy....

So, you can take the hottest girl with all of this tied to the cost, which also comes with a complete unknown as to how she'll age, what friends she'll bring into her life, what her parents or family is like, if she's way over her head in debt, and whether she's carrying any diseases...

Or, you can take the girl who's cute, not as drunk, fun and smart and says, just take me as I am, no strings, no requirements and I'll give up for you everything I've got to make this work. 

In your analogy it sounds like we are trading away 4 years of drafts rather than 3-4 picks. I mean once again if we take the "projected" trade we still have:

1st (#2 overall)

2nd

3rd

4th

5th 

6th

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

Bills have agreed to a trade with the Giants. But the Giants don't want to trade! Sounds like we don't have an agreement

They agreed to disagree. :-)

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Beast is preferable.  They are more desperate and usually better in bed.  Plus she probably looked good when leaving the bar.

Would be nice if the guy they want, whoever that is, is still there at 7 and they get him without giving away this draft and the next. Hoping for a starting lb, wr and a couple oline starters in this draft in addition to a qb. Don't expect them to hit on all of those necessarily, but it would be the ideal imo.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BillsFanMike said:

you have to take the QB when they are available, depth can always be built trades and free agency like we did last year.

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

correct except one of those hotties is bi-polar, another just got out of prison, and the 3rd has VD, but you don't know any of this, so maybe the beast isn't so bad, except she also could have any of these things too.

so why pay for all the extra drinks for the hottie when all of them may be about the same.  Save your money!

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I'm not sure your analogy is sound.  By closing time, the girls left may look pretty good to you.  Isn't this the phenomenon behind the Bills fans once-common fear to expose that budding superstar QB Levi Brown to waivers or the fervent defense of Peterman here?

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BillsFanMike said:

I'm all for that strategy depending on the context.  This is not the context.  If the Browns do not take Darnold you have to trade to 2 and take Darnold, especially if that's their guy, who I think he's their #1.  You still will most likely have 1 pick in each round.  I'd take Ragnow in round 2, then trade up again at the bottom of round two and take a WR, Miller.  Trade back into round 3 and take either Fred Warner or Dorian O'Daniel.  Then if I can trade back up into Rd 4, Chad Thomas or Brandin Parker, or Martinus Rankin.  All the trades require a partner but the one thing is it's about being aggressive.  Aggressive on the field, aggressive in FA, Aggressive in the draft.  If they have an opportunity to take their top QB, you don't sit back and wait you get aggressive.

Edited by NewEraBills

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

correct except one of those hotties is bi-polar, another just got out of prison, and the 3rd has VD, but you don't know any of this, so maybe the beast isn't so bad, except she also could have any of these things too.

so why pay for all the extra drinks for the hottie when all of them may be about the same.  Save your money!

Sounds conclusive to me: the Bills should NOT select their next QB by drinking at Ed_Formerly_of_Roch's bar!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

When you are an overweight 40 year old bald guy, you take whatever is left because you have to.

14 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:
19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But what about the Intangible of her being a Freak between the sheets? If she does things that no other girl does, then it's worth another 1st round pick.

• Haha (+1) 1