PURE SPECULATION: Is Beane Forcing Jackson Onto McDermott?

Gugny

Obviously, the Eric Wood situation could not be helped.  Injuries happen and thank God he's been forced to retire, rather than put himself in harm's way.

But the recent developments surrounding Incognito's abrupt retirement make me wonder ... 

Did Beane lowball Incognito in an effort to make him quit?

Now that we've got a decimated O Line - AND an obvious need for a QB - my greatest fear is that this was choreographed by Beane in order to force Lamar Jackson onto McDermott.

With our current situation, an "exciting playmaking" QB who relies on his legs is the only type of QB who could possibly succeed with the O Line we're going to field.  McCarron is going to get killed back there.

Jackson seems to be a Bills fan favorite (not mine) and A LOT of Bills fans were pissed about trading Tyrod away.  This would please a lot (perhaps majority) of the fan base.

I don't think McDermott liked Tyrod and I can't see him wanting Jackson.  But he wants to win games more than sell tickets.  Maybe Beane sees Jackson as a way to accomplish both.

As the title states - this is pure speculation/guessing on my part.  But it's my biggest fear and I hope it's not the case.  Either way, I'll keep trusting the process.

Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have a hard time thinking a GM would intentionally make a HC do poorly since it would reflect as much on the GM that drafted the player.

The whole ej, Marrone, Whaley "fire me" incident comes to mind.

Not saying Jackson would do it but don't think he's the type of player that MCD/daboll wants to run his offense.

Edited by The Wiz

I don’t think that’s the case. I think Jackson/Rudolph are potential options. I don’t think that it’s some conspiracy theory; they just happen to be the top guys available by the time that the Bills pick. Incognito retiring created one more hole on an already bad roster. I don’t think that it changes their plans but it may slightly alter the price that they are willing to pay. If that’s the case the odds of Jackson/Rudolph probably increases some.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Obviously, the Eric Wood situation could not be helped.  Injuries happen and thank God he's been forced to retire, rather than put himself in harm's way.

But the recent developments surrounding Incognito's abrupt retirement make me wonder ... 

Now that we've got a decimated O Line - AND an obvious need for a QB - my greatest fear is that this was choreographed by Beane in order to force Lamar Jackson onto McDermott.

With our current situation, an "exciting playmaking" QB who relies on his legs is the only type of QB who could possibly succeed with the O Line we're going to field.  McCarron is going to get killed back there.

Jackson seems to be a Bills fan favorite (not mine) and A LOT of Bills fans were pissed about trading Tyrod away.  This would please a lot (perhaps majority) of the fan base.

I don't think McDermott liked Tyrod and I can't see him wanting Jackson.  But he wants to win games more than sell tickets.  Maybe Beane sees Jackson as a way to accomplish both.

As the title states - this is pure speculation/guessing on my part.  But it's my biggest fear and I hope it's not the case.  Either way, I'll keep trusting the process.

Go Bills.

200w.gif

• Haha (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Go Bills.

Beane has been spotted at Area 51 and claims he was abducted by "alien beings".  That isn't even as wild a theory as the above.

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Go Bills.

Pretty out there Gug....even for you.

It would not be the end of the world if we took Jackson and kept our picks....its not my plan A....but hey things happen..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think you’re on to something, but it’s a much more incideous plot. 

He gained the the team’s confidence with a playoff nod while setting up the real tank in 2018 through 2022. They will continue trading back while ultimately amassing 11 first and 11 second round picks in 2023....

right after they chose not to Renew the lease in Buffalo they will move the team to San Diego and then draft an entire starting offensive and defensive line up and the menical plan will be complete ?

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

21 minutes ago, Gugny said:

sdk8e.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Go Bills.

Unfortunately, this will be the first talking point said about any team that drafts Jackson during the live draft broadcast. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I think they love Jackson/Rudolph and keeping draft picks much more than they like Rosen/Mayfield/Allen and a decimated set of draft picks.

I also think - the Media will kill them for it because the team did not do what THEY think is in the best interest.  As will a segment of fans.

I want to hear more about the incideous, menical stuff.

Each day on here I learn more amazing facts, gain valuable insight into the field of psychology and mind reading, and discover new words I didn't even know existed.

And to think this is the offseason!

Edited by timekills17
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Go Bills.

Too far down the rabbit hole. 

Good thing we saved our tin foil hats from Tryods Friend :)

I'm uncertain why I've seen these kinds of theories from time to time on this board...

But the one thing I'm about 99.99999% sure about concerning the Bills management in 2018 is that Beane and McD are tied at the hip...And that ANY decision they come to will be mutual...It's why Beane was brought in... Consistent agreement and a single-minded approach...

I truly believe that...B-)

• Like (+1) 2

The only fail in this was not referencing our own TBD two round mock as evidence Beane will force Jackson on McD.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

that is hard when the poster is so gungy.

Everything's hard when that poster is gugny. If you catch my drift. B-)

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Go Bills.

By Gugny I think you've got it! And there is medication for it you know

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Beane has been spotted at Area 51 and claims he was abducted by "alien beings".  That isn't even as wild a theory as the above.

Maybe Incognito retired because he was probed and it injured his internal organs.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Go Bills.

I don't believe so.  Jackson has not been in for a pre-draft visit and I don't believe he is scheduled for one.  Rosen was in today and Mayfield is in town tonight and scheduled to be at OBD tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Go Bills.

If Beane was this conniving, he wouldn't have traded Tyrod. Why wouldn't McDermott want a QB like Jackson? McDermott had Vick, McNabb, and Newton on teams where he was the defensive coordinator. Maybe, just maybe coaching against those guys in practice gave him nightmares and maybe he wanted to have a QB like that for his own. Pure speculation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Go Bills.

I don't think so at all.

I would say that it stands to reason, that Beane's plan is to make McCarron's wife a widow, if you understand me.

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Domdab99 said:

this forum is nuts

It's pretty amazing at times due to this craziness. You can't get entertainment like this on a sitcom. Probably due to the lack of news or any rumblings of a move up in the draft imminent. So, now some are just expressing their personal worse draft nightmares coming into fruition. Sort of like a coping mechanism.