Richie Incognito Retires Via Twitter - Now Confirmed

Virgil

Just now, nedboy7 said:

I dont think the players liked losing Tyrod. But they must not know anything.  It is well established he isnt an NFL caliber QB.  Right frencheyes guys?  

Particularly the OL, since Tyrod made them look better than they are!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

More than ever you need to get them in FA to contribute fast. Projects are taking longer with the low contact rules for practice. Would’ve been great to know this a month ago... but if it’s a health issue so be it. If it’s health and money it’s a bit sketchier 

True and lets remember a good QB can also make a OL better as well.

No need to panic here. Bills will be just fine without Richie.

13 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Nonsense.  He's a guard.

Right?

A 35-year old guard retiring or leaving the team shouldn't change your position on what you do in the draft. Odds are you were going to be looking for his replacement in the draft anyways.

• Like (+1) 1

Richie is (was) a high caliber player filling the LG position for another year or so.  Given his age, our rebuild plan would view LG as a hole that need to be filled in this draft or the next.  Now it seems that we will need to fill it in this draft, since it's unlikely that a street free agent is still available to use the cap space savings to fill the void.

I'm not ticked off at Richie - He was arguably our best lineman while he played here and gave everything he had.  I wish he could keep playing, but realistically, Richie was heading into his final season anyway, considering his age. 

Life is nothing without good health, so I won't criticize Richie if that's the basis for his decision.

Our O-Line is looking pretty scary this year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Right?

A 35-year old guard retiring or leaving the team shouldn't change your position on what you do in the draft. Odds are you were going to be looking for his replacement in the draft anyways.

maybe..maybe not...he could have played this season and Bills then could look for his replacement with the huge cap space theyll have next off-season plus the 2019 draft...now they have figure out what to do this year...

6 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

John Miller will have a resurgent year, I believe that through and through. New power run scheme is perfectly suited for him. 

I think so too.  He played pretty well in the power run scheme in his rookie year.  I was hoping for Richie/Miller at the guard positions - now it looks like Miller/Ducasse this year.

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

As YOLO pointed out he has an interest working in the media field. I have seen him in interviews and also doing analysis and commentary on players and teams. He is terrific. He's articulate and has a lot of personality behind the mic. 

RI has been in the league long enough to see the toll the game has on players and himself. That's the ugly side of the business that fans don't want to see. When it comes to one's health it is better to be cautious than stretch out another year or so in the game that can forever damage one's health. 

I wish him well. 

Don’t forget he took a pay cut a few weeks ago that he wasn’t happy about. I’m sure that played a role.

13 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

The Bills need to look after their own interests not an individual players. It may be best that they trade Shady for another second round pick and rebuild properly.

McCoy isn't worth anything in the draft save for a late round pick. 30 yo RBs on a big contract aren't worth squat to other NFL teams.

AFA Incognito is concerned, why do people take it personally when their favorite team has a player retire? They don't owe the fans their bodies on the field of play.  Dude's played 10+ NFL seasons and people make it sound like he still owes the fans and team something.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Nonsense.  He's a guard.

LMAO.

Yeah. He's the only guy that played at a truly high level on your line. When he goes, you now have a line made up of three players significantly below league average play. The other two include Groy and really, a Guard playing LT. 

It's about context; there's not nonsense about having potentially four guys that are terrible. And then you'd still like to move up in the draft, now looking to replace a center (presuming you don't want Bodine starting) and a guard, with very possibly no 1st round picks because you surrendered them in order to draft ... a rookie QB.

Yeah. I'm overreacting. 

Post Script; if Incognito's health is really that bad, well, what are you going to do. He's a warrior and hardly a jerkoff.

• Like (+1) 2