Richie Incognito Retires Via Twitter - Now Confirmed

Virgil

10 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

IF hes done I dont think the Bills can afford to trade up for a qb. Way too many holes and possibly the worse OLine in the NFL. Not a good mix

That's what McCarron is for.  

QB is still the most important position in football.  Let's not get crazy.

Edited by Chicken Boo

1 minute ago, bkep32 said:

Looks like we go heavy with OL in every rnd and hope lamar or allen fall to 12.

I really do not think the team will change their mind on their QB of the future based on who the LG is in 2018.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, rodneykm said:

Knee jerk reaction here, I know.

Does this change how we look at McCoy? We'll be running out a "journeyman QB", rookie QB and Nathan Peterman with no real WRs and we've lost 3 of our best offensive lineman...

I love love love Shady, but I think he deserves a chance to win. I don't think that is us next year. 

Too early to say.  We have a lot of work to do in the draft.

1 minute ago, rodneykm said:

Does this change how we look at McCoy? We'll be running out a "journeyman QB", rookie QB and Nathan Peterman with no real WRs and we've lost 2 of our best offensive lineman...

I love love love Shady, but I think he deserves a chance to win. I don't think that is us next year. 

The Bills need to look after their own interests not an individual players. It may be best that they trade Shady for another second round pick and rebuild properly.

• Like (+1) 2

At his age this is a dangerous move. Many people here had him down as a Cap casualty

We have seen this before with Offensive linemen, they make all-pro at 34 only to be out of the league the next season over drafting a cheaper guard

I think you are looking at Ryan Groy as a left guard, possibly signing a guy like Luke Joeckel. Newhouse also has some versatility and can play guard. Bodine can play center and guard. 

This is a very big loss, but we still have options. 

• Like (+1) 1

If I’m the Bills I call his bluff and let him retire. Can’t screw around with his act right now. He signed a contract. If he doesn’t want to play so be it, but why would a little more money change that like he told peter King?

richie is blaming his representation but agents want to get paid too and they aren’t about signing below market deals unless that’s the actual market.

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

Its not about losing a guard its about losing 3 pro bowl caliber lineman

Cordy Glenn barely played last year and we already have a LT to take his place.  We used Glenn trade to specifically move up to get better leverage to get the QB.

Wood retired a few days after the WC game.

So right now, it's just losing a guard.  That's the only thing that's changed recently.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

Does this change how we look at McCoy? We'll be running out a "journeyman QB", rookie QB and Nathan Peterman with no real WRs and we've lost 3 of our best offensive lineman...

A realistic take on the situation.

We'll see how Beane and McDermott go about this.  There is something to be said for vet leadership and Shady is still the best player on the team.

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I think you are looking at Ryan Groy as a left guard, possibly signing a guy like Luke Joeckel. Newhouse also has some versatility and can play guard. Bodine can play center and guard. 

This is a very big loss, but we still have options. 

Yeah I hate it but we have coverage.  I wonder if Jon Miller is in the mix at all with a new offensive scheme?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Cordy Glenn barely played last year and we already have a LT to take his place.  We used Glenn trade to specifically move up to get better leverage to get the QB.

Wood retired a few days after the WC game.

So right now, it's just losing a guard.  That's the only thing that's changed recently.

he's already in another thread predicting 4 wins.  let him have his fun.

Just now, Like A Mofo said:

You can find OL late in the drafts. If this is true, he did a very good job for Buffalo. Health comes first, I can't judge him. Best of luck

Health comes first but if you give me 15 percent more I will ignore my own health? 

Seems like sour grapes, the pay cut and his buddy Wood retiring and being challenged for his signing bonus.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Umm, didn’t see that coming. 

I wish him nothing but the best in his retirement. Football is a tough game.

As YOLO pointed out he has an interest working in the media field. I have seen him in interviews and also doing analysis and commentary on players and teams. He is terrific. He's articulate and has a lot of personality behind the mic. 

RI has been in the league long enough to see the toll the game has on players and himself. That's the ugly side of the business that fans don't want to see. When it comes to one's health it is better to be cautious than stretch out another year or so in the game that can forever damage one's health. 

I wish him well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Like A Mofo said:

You can find OL late in the drafts. If this is true, he did a very good job for Buffalo. Health comes first, I can't judge him. Best of luck

More than ever you need to get them in FA to contribute fast. Projects are taking longer with the low contact rules for practice. Would’ve been great to know this a month ago... but if it’s a health issue so be it. If it’s health and money it’s a bit sketchier 

• Like (+1) 1

Wish him the best as he gave us a few very good seasons at a reasonable price. At his age, I was expecting a decline in his play and I don't think he will be a huge loss as far as ability and performance. However, his nasty attitude and aggressive style of play might be missed. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah I hate it but we have coverage.  I wonder if Jon Miller is in the mix at all with a new offensive scheme?

John Miller will have a resurgent year, I believe that through and through. New power run scheme is perfectly suited for him. 

• Like (+1) 1