Per ESPN Bills very likely to persue Dolphins SUH

8 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Wouldn't it make more sense that the Bills' jet is in Sarasota to talk to a Bucs' FA? I mean, saying it's for Suh is like saying the Broncos' jet is in NYC, so they must be after AJ Gaines.

That's the thing... It can't be a Bucs Free agent. Free agency doesn't officially open till Wednesday so you can't meet with them. The only players a team is allowed to meet with currently are players who were released/cut from their team. The only player the Bucs cut was Doug Martin... And with us signing Ivory I find it highly unlikely that we would be interested in Martin.

And players during the off-season don't stay local. Just how it is. This is their one time to get away from football a take a break. Players rarely stay close to their teams during the off-season. It could legit be anyone who was cut and happened to either one have a hometown of Sarasota or two have a off-season home there.

Edited by Kmart128

Just now, Domdab99 said:

fine, if it turns out Suh has a place in Sarasota and that's why the Bills are there, I will humbly apologize. Until then, it's just baseless speculation.

Doesnt matter anyway. 

Suh is in Seattle tonight (not football related) 

2 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

fine, if it turns out Suh has a place in Sarasota and that's why the Bills are there, I will humbly apologize. Until then, it's just baseless speculation.

Not saying it is. But it's just a possibility. They're numerous possibilities.

Just looked it up...Trey Burton who is a free agent is from Sarasota. That would be a very nice get. Feel he will get overpayed 

Another player (this is a long shot) but Dri Archer is from there... Do we still hold his rights?

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

Good player, but I have a hard time rooting for a guy like this.

Is there a link for this story?

First time he steps on Brady he becomes an instant Buffalo Legend. 

You’ll root for him just like we all will be. People felt weird about TO until he talked about popcorn. 

1 hour ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Not sure how I feel about this. But he is very good. If they can get him at a decent price i’m all for it. Bills just waiting for him to be released. 

What does "per ESPN" mean?

The guy who sold you cable?

EDIT: Ah, I see, people looked it up and found it was speculation. This is why you need to post the LINK.

Edited by Thurman#1

4 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

That's the thing... It can't be a Bucs Free agent. Free agency doesn't officially open till Wednesday so you can't meet with them. The only players a team is allowed to meet with currently are players who were released/cut from their team. The only player the Bucs cut was Doug Martin... And with us signing Ivory I find it highly unlikely that we would be interested in Martin.

And players during the off-season don't stay local. Just how it is. This is their one time to get away from football a take a break. Players rarely stay close to their teams during the off-season. It could legit be anyone who was cut and happened to either one have a hometown of Sarasota or two have a off-season home there.

Can't they hang out at Applebe's until tomorrow?

4 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Can't they hang out at Applebe's until tomorrow?

1 minute ago, Da webster guy said:

the guy is a loser as a human being. 

some media outlet saying we would overpay this locker room cancer is like the mock drafts that think we need a center.    

uh.... no

I don't think we sign Suh but we do need a Center

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Not sure how I feel about this. But he is very good. If they can get him at a decent price i’m all for it. Bills just waiting for him to be released. 

This is the ESPN article I found.  It seems to just be Rodhak's opinion based on the Bills need a DT and signing Vontae Davis means we might sign other FA, no source.

"Suh fits the mold of the 4-3 defensive tackle Buffalo desperately needs with Marcell Dareus gone and Kyle Williams heading for free agency or retirement. The Bills' signing cornerback Vontae Davis to a one-year worth up to $8 million showed they could be in the market for older, more accomplished free agents. If the price tag is right, Suh could fit that bill. -- Mike Rodak"

Our run D would improve a LOT with Suh in the middle. He commands a double team on pretty much every play. I'd LOVE it! He's not just good. Be honest he's still one of the best DT's in the NFL. Since Donald got moved to DE, who's better inside? Watt is a DE, technically. Suh and Norwell and draft a RT and DE to replace Shaq and we look solid in the trenches.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
44 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

We need a d tackle and he is a great one

Would you rather have a good DT who is consistent play in and play out, or a great DT who is great on a lot of plays and worthless on others?

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Bills got rid of Dareus because of his contract and attitude. How is Suh any different?

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I can't stand the guy.....but he also hasn't worn our uniform and it's amazing how that changes your view of a person.

I used to hate Incognito, McCoy and Terrell Owens.....now I would invite them over to my house for a BBQ and tell everyone on social media.

Why would you have any reason to hate McCoy?

A motivated top DT who doesn't count in the comp pick formula and may come at a discounted rate.  It's a great move.

From everything I've heard and read just because he crosses the line on the field sometimes doesn't mean he's a negative presence in the locker room.  I think he's a little bit like Richie in the sense he got a reputation and it's stuck with him, but it's not true characterization.  

1 minute ago, nucci said:

Bills got rid of Dareus because of his contract and attitude. How is Suh any different?

I'm not a Suh expert.  

But Suh was still producing at a pretty high level, higher than Dareus over the past couple years.

Plus, was Suh ever suspended in the NFL twice or for that matter once?

And was Suh ever reprimanded for being habitually late to team meetings?   

He had a temper and played dirty but I don't think he had these sort of issues.  I could be wrong but not to my knowledge anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

Why would you have any reason to hate McCoy?

Before he came to Buffalo because IMO he was a "me" person.  I was wrong and now he's my favorite player.

Suh actually plays hard consistently and Dareus doesn't.  

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Before he came to Buffalo because IMO he was a "me" person.  I was wrong and now he's my favorite player.

ok, makes sense

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did you watch Suh play last year? He definitely checked out mentally a bunch.

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

I'm not a Suh expert.  

But Suh was still producing at a pretty high level, higher than Dareus over the past couple years.

Plus, was Suh ever suspended in the NFL twice or for that matter once?

And was Suh ever reprimanded for being habitually late to team meetings?   

He had a temper and played dirty but I don't think he had these sort of issues.  I could be wrong but not to my knowledge anyway.

He was suspended once for dirty hit but I see your points

6 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

he’s a good player just plays dirty. But so does Richie and remember conrad dobler fromnthe early 80’s Bills,  he was nasty. 

If Richie kept playing dirty the way he did with the Rams, back to back 15 yd personal fouls and Mike Martz screaming "What is WRONG with that F@#$ER?" on the sideline he'd be out of the league.  Instead, Richie got his sh** together and had turned the corner on the football field with the Dolphins - figured out how to keep his "nasty" within bounds and between the whistle.

In case we've forgotten, Suh is the one who kicked Schaub in the nuts, Ryan Fitzpatrick in the head so hard it knocked his helmet off etc etc etc - and those are just a few of the ones that were caught on video.  This is NOT the guy we need to teach young DLmen how to go hard and "bring the nasty" but keep it clean.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, auburnbillsbacker said:

It seems like the Bills might be playing the Comp draft pick game that many on this board have wanted for years.  Since Suh was released, his signing would not count against us.  Same with the every other free agent we have signed this off season.    

That's an excellent point and would be another reason on why he could make sense.    It just depends on what sort of contract he is looking for.   If it's over $10m a year, in my opinion I wouldn't think he would be worth that.  He doesn't get enough pass pressure on a consistent basis to warrant that.   But $10m or below, then I think that he is someone to seriously consider.

5 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

It seems like the Bills might be playing the Comp draft pick game that many on this board have wanted for years.  Since Suh was released, his signing would not count against us.  Same with the every other free agent we have signed this off season.    

When you're moving likely 5+ picks to get into the top 3 or so - you have to play the comp pick game.  It helps you get back some additional young players and draft capital in 2019.