Update! Beane is'nt done yet.

21 minutes ago, McBean said:

If we trade to #3, they will be thrilled with either Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield.

Those 3 qb's are all so different from one another, it would seem odd that the Bills would be happy with all 3.  Also, seems that there wouldn't be much downside to the Browns, Bills, Colts and Giants to work together at this point to explore whether their needs could all be met without hurting each other.  If so, the upside would be  making planning for the rest of the draft much easier for each team, knowing with certainty where they would stand after the first 4 pix were made.

26 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I don't think GM's approach and grade that way.  They probably like all three guys.  It's like dating man.  You date three women at the same time and you could see yourself with either of them.  Just let things work themselves out but make sure you get 1 of them.

Exactly this.  You move up to 3 because there's 3 guys you can be happy landing, and moving up to 3 now prevents someone else from moving up to 3.

Just blow the breasts off this thing tonight and go up to 1. Screw it. Let it be our time for a change. Take no chances. Get whoever we want and we will fill in afterwords. We have the right guys in place for a change. Let’s just Finnish it.

that was an unexpected adjustment to what I actually typed and makes much less sense now lol

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

32 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

It would be interesting for sure. I feel good about Rosen and Mayfield, and I've fluctuated on Darnold. Interestingly, my assessment of Darnold has increased over the past week or so (rewatched some of his games). If they take any of the three, I've got to give it to them. Heck of an offseason and it's early March. 

27 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I am finding that there is such a thing as a bit too much excitement in the offseason.

In years gone by Buddy Nix would just be settling in for his pre free agency period nap, and Rex would have declared us the off season champions after the Ivory trade ... this sure has been fun so far ... can't wait to see how this all plays out.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I’m not sure I agree.

A QB is either worth it or he isn’t when you are talking picks that high.

Moving up to 12 for Darnold wouldn't be horrible. But moving up to 12 - and then to 3 - for Darnold would be. He's not worth the huge move. Rosen and Mayfield are, though. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Moving up to 12 for Darnold wouldn't be horrible. But moving up to 12 - and then to 3 - for Darnold would be. He's not worth the huge move. Rosen and Mayfield are, though. 

I don’t know, many seem to think he should go 1st overall.

i would be very happy with Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield and could be on board with the ultimate physical skills and Clay to mold of Allen.

However, I could be quite content to sit at 12 and take Allen or Mayfield, if they are left

30 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

The indications certainly point to the likelihood that the bills are trying to maneuver up to one of the top picksThe indications certainly point to the likelihood that the bills are trying to maneuver up to  get one of the top three quarterbacks coming out from college. 

However the Luck scenario is certainly plausible. 

There is one other scenario here. The bills might be angling to get one of the top tier free agent quarterbacks such as Cousins, Foles or maybe even BreesAnd use their draft picks to shore up their  linebackers, defensive line and OL. They could get a stud linebacker or D lineman with number 12!

QB or fail. I don't want Luck, Cousins or a LB or DT. I want a franchise QB at 3. Do whatever it takes!

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

i would be very happy with Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield and could be on board with the ultimate physical skills and Clay to mold of Allen.

However, I could be quite content to sit at 12 and take Allen or Mayfield, if they are left

I highly doubt Allen is left at 12, the hype train is full speed on Allen. And I think cardinals trade up to take either one and niether gets past jets, depending on cousins of course.

52 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Chad Pennington sucks. Andrew Luck is once in a decade QB. He's in our sights. Again, the shoulder issues don't matter. Ask Peyton Manning.

Brain cells are precious, preserve yours and put down the pipe. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gamache518 said:

According to Buffalo report Bills reportedly have been talking to Colts in acquiring their 1st round draft pick (3). Both sides have been talking all day.

No way, no how, won't believe it, can't believe it.

I'd be SHOCKED if they didn't just trade for 12 so they have a shot at Jackson. In other news, it's just been reported that it appears as though the Buffalo Bills will be playing their home portion of their schedule at new era field. :) I'll be sure to update if this proves to be true!

57 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

If I was Beane, I wouldn't do all of this work and trade most of my picks for any QB in this draft. I'm only doing it if Colts are serious about trading Andrew Luck. They been talking, which does not surprise me. I'll be talking Andrew Luck scenarios all day long with Colts' brass. Lucks' shoulder should not be a concern. Look at Peyton Manning when Colts released him. Peyton's shoulder and neck issues didn't matter.

We have enough picks to send to Colts. Colts didn't want Cordy Glenn all along. No one saw this coming.

Peyton was struggling to throw the ball downfield and was surrounded by a much more talented team offensively and defensively. 

Luck has been out too long t just make the claim that his arm isnt a concern.

All this work was done with the intent of getting a top qb prospect. The work isn't being wasted.

7 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Peyton was struggling to throw the ball downfield and was surrounded by a much more talented team offensively and defensively. 

Luck has been out too long t just make the claim that his arm isnt a concern.

All this work was done with the intent of getting a top qb prospect. The work isn't being wasted.

No. When Peyton Manning was released by the Colts, he was fine after neck surgery.

2012 - 4659 yards, 37 TDs, 11 INTs

2013 - 5477 yards, 55 TDs, 10 INTs

2014 - 4727 yards, 39 TDs, 15 INTs

2015 - 2249 yards, 9 TDs, 17 INTs

So 3 complete seasons later,  age and injuries caught up to Peyton at the age of 39. I'll take a chance with Luck. Peyton only struggled in his final season. He was old though. Makes sense. To me, Luck's shoulder isn't a big concern. Again, Peyton Manning's neck is a bigger issue than Luck's shoulder. Peyton was one good hit away from retiring back in 2012.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

Why would we chose to draft an undersized qb like Mayfield when he lacks the arm length of Brees or the ability to move like Wilson?  There are not many QBs with his tangibles that have succeeded.  I love his fire but his lack of physical strength botheres me as well.  This typically shows a lack of dedication.  

To be fair, I have concerns about the other QBs as well.  Mayfield scares me the most though.   

57 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

And if you sit at 12 hoping one of them falls to you but they're gone before 12, then what?

1 minute ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

Question??? Would the Bills have to wait till Wednesday to trade up to #3 being that the Bengals Cordy Glenn trade can’t be official yet? Would seem to me we couldn’t flip #12 till it is officially ours?

It would fall under the same move.  Basically, if they agree on a deal it would be contingent on the Glenn trade.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BrotherChazz said:

The trade into the top 5 isn't going to happen until the day of the draft. There's no motivation for teams in those spots to move out now. 

Maybe not into the top 5, but they could trade down a bit further. A couple of posters have indicated there is another trade being shopped that would take us into the top 10. 

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

When beane trades up for 3rd overall pick I jizz in my pants 

Man, these QBs haven't even had their pro days yet nor team visits.  Somebody must've wowed them at the combine.

1 minute ago, BrotherChazz said:

The trade into the top 5 isn't going to happen until the day of the draft. There's no motivation for teams in those spots to move out now. 

Perhaps, but putting in the legwork now allows them to see who is a realistic trade partner and what their baseline demands are. 

4 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Man, these QBs haven't even had their pro days yet nor team visits.  Somebody must've wowed them at the combine.

Not necessarily. The bills are just being aggressive and making sure they get a qb

3 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Perhaps they knew their prey well before. Just reinforced the matter.

Still hope they have a 1b and and FA dialed in. just in case

Just now, Steptide said:

Not necessarily. The bills are just being aggressive and making sure they get a qb

The QB !!

as they darned well should.