Update! Beane is'nt done yet.

25 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Giants make more senseĀ 

Giants make sense if the bills want darnold.browns will probably take barkley at one.If Bills want Darnold they trade up to #2.If they want Josh Rosen they trade to #3.

25 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Ā 

Colts make more sense. Luck is still young, Eli is on his last legs.Ā 

Ā 

I agree. People keep saying Giants, seems they might take this chance to set themselves up for the next 10 years as well. Colts need players.

9 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I absolutely agree! Darnold at 12 wouldn't be horrible, but these are the prizes this year imo

Ā 

Darnold at 12 would be fine - I said Darnold would be awful at 3.Ā 

IMHO it would be dumb to trade to the #3 pick before the Browns make their #1 pick ... if we are sitting at #3 the Browns know we may take the QB that they have targeted and would be forced to pick their QB at #1.

Ā 

As it sits now ... the Browns can safely take a running back or edge rusher at #1 and wait until #4 for their QB.

Just now, Domdab99 said:

Ā 

Darnold at 12 would be fine - I said Darnold would be awful at 3.Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™m not sure I agree.

Ā 

A QB is either worth it or he isnā€™t when you are talking picks that high.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, macaroni said:

IMHO it would be dumb to trade to the #3 pick before the Browns make their #1 pick ... if we are sitting at #3 the Browns know we may take the QB that they have targeted and would be forced to pick their QB at #1.

Ā 

As it sits now ... the Browns can safely take a running back or edge rusher at #1 and wait until #4 for their QB.

Ā 

Not dumb if they have 3 QBs rated close to the same, and want to guarantee they get 1 of them.

It would be interesting for sure. I feel good about Rosen and Mayfield, and I've fluctuated on Darnold. Interestingly, my assessment of Darnold has increased over the past week or so (rewatched some of his games). If they take any of the three, I've got to give it to them. Heck of an offseason and it's early March.Ā 

2 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Ā 

Except the Browns donā€™t for a second think that the Bills (or another team) doesnā€™t trade in front of them at 4 to get their guy. The only way that the Browns take Barkley is if they have 3 QBs rated closely and are comfortable taking the guy that is 3rd on their list.

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

It's entirely possible Cleveland has told them the guy they want, or at least they know within two guys and the Giants have told them they are set on Barkley.

Ā 

I think so too... Maybe the Browns sweetened the Tyrod deal a little in order to get an assurance from the Bills that if they were able to trade into the top 3 they wouldn't take _________ QB. That helps the Browns and in return they give the Bills a little extra for Tyrod

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TallskiWallski83 said:

I dont understand why you would trade up to 3 right now when theres a possibility two teams jump up to 1 and 2 respectively and snag QB1 and QB2 on your board and youre left picking with the guys you didnt really want

Ā 

Agreed. Unless they have 3 guys they would be good with.Ā 

The Giants might want to think about the plus side of taking a QB at #2 and letting him sit a few years behind Eli, like the Favre-Rogers handoff.

Ā 

Green Bay has largely wasted Rogers career with a poor overall roster but they went from one HOF QB to another. That just doesn't happen often. Even going from a SB winning QB to a very good QB without any break doesn't happen often.

1 minute ago, TallskiWallski83 said:

I dont understand why you would trade up to 3 right now when theres a possibility two teams jump up to 1 and 2 respectively and snag QB1 and QB2 on your board and youre left picking with the guys you didnt really want

It also could be Gettleman told him he was taking Barkley.

11 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Ā 

Iā€™m not sure I agree.

Ā 

A QB is either worth it or he isnā€™t when you are talking picks that high.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

And who knows for sure which of these top 3-4 guys is better than the rest - or if any of them is for that matter???

2 minutes ago, TallskiWallski83 said:

Ā 

I don't think GM's approach and grade that way.Ā  They probably like all three guys.Ā  It's like dating man.Ā  You date three women at the same time and you could see yourself with either of them.Ā  Just let things work themselves out but make sure you get 1 of them.

• Like (+1) 2

If I was Beane, I wouldn't do all of this work and trade most of my picks for any QB in this draft. I'm only doing it if Colts are serious about trading Andrew Luck. They been talking, which does not surprise me. I'll be talking Andrew Luck scenarios all day long with Colts' brass. Lucks' shoulder should not be a concern. Look at Peyton Manning when Colts released him. Peyton's shoulder and neck issues didn't matter.

Ā 

We have enough picks to send to Colts. Colts didn't want Cordy Glenn all along. No one saw this coming.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

If I was Beane, I wouldn't do all of this work and trade most of my picks for any QB in this draft. I'm only doing it if Colts are serious about trading Andrew Luck. They been talking, which does not surprise me. I'll be talking Andrew Luck scenarios all day long with Colts' brass.

Shoulder questions? No thanks. He may come back like Pennington.Ā 

21 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

You go to three if you have similar grades on the top 3.Ā 

Ā 

You also use 3 talk as a chip to aid in negotiations for 2Ā 

Ā 

The game is on.Ā  We Bills fans are use to ourĀ GM's playing Chutes and Ladders.

I'm liking having a "Bobby Fischer" playing chess.

Let's see what happens now.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Ā  Chad Pennington sucks. Andrew Luck is once in a decade QB. He's in our sights. Again, the shoulder issues don't matter. Ask Peyton Manning.

Pennington had a significantly stronger arm prior to his shoulder surgery and he didn't suck. Very accurate in his time and was trending up prior to his multiple surgeries. I may not be with the rest, but I'm not overly impressed by Luck, especially when you take into account the turnovers. I'll pass.Ā 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

If I was Beane, I wouldn't do all of this work and trade most of my picks for any QB in this draft. I'm only doing it if Colts are serious about trading Andrew Luck. They been talking, which does not surprise me. I'll be talking Andrew Luck scenarios all day long with Colts' brass. Lucks' shoulder should not be a concern. Look at Peyton Manning when Colts released him. Peyton's shoulder and neck issues didn't matter.

Ā 

We have enough picks to send to Colts. Colts didn't want Cordy Glenn all along. No one saw this coming.

The indications certainly point to the likelihood that the bills are trying to maneuver up to one of the top picksThe indications certainly point to the likelihood that the bills are trying to maneuver up to Ā get one of the top three quarterbacks coming out from college.Ā 

Ā 

Ā However the Luck scenarioĀ is certainly plausible.Ā 

Ā 

Ā  There is one other scenario here. The bills might be angling to get one of the top tier free agentĀ quarterbacksĀ such as Cousins, Foles or maybe even BreesAnd use their draft picks to shore up their Ā linebackers, defensive line and OL. They could get a stud linebacker or D lineman with number 12!

1 hour ago, Gamache518 said:

According to Buffalo report Bills reportedly have been talking to Colts in acquiring their 1st round draft pick (3). Both sides have been talking all day.

I'm Thinking 3 because Beane has talked to both the Browns and the Giants and The Browns are taking Darnold or Allen followed by the Giants taking Barkley is why 3 will be high enough for Rosen. IMHO.

20 minutes ago, TallskiWallski83 said:

Lol Cleveland is not moving from #1... The Browns should just disband and move to London if that happened. Also Beane is BFF's with the Giants GM so he is like "Hey Bro who you taking"