Richard Sherman - 3ry deal with 49ers

Josina Anderson Retweeted Josina Anderson

As of now Richard Sherman tells me he is scheduled to talk to Pete Carroll and John Schneider "over the phone." Sherman just added that phone call was expected to be "later" at this time. #Seahawks @TomPelissero reported on a meeting.

that Seattle "dynasty" sure collapsed quickly...

If they run the ball and the idiot Falcons just play Martyball in the 2nd half NE is 3-5 in the SB

Of course without 2 spectacular catches by the Giants they could be 7-1 with an undefeated season, so you take what you can get...

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I think he'll be released rather than traded. His contract isn't great, so, no one will want to take that contract on for a 29 year old CB with a decline in his play along with his Achilles injury. They would gain 11+ million in cap space by doing so. 

11million? No thanks. If he is released and wants to come to Buffalo than ok but on a new and cheaper contract. 

I think there's very little chance that he's a Buffalo Bill, regardless of what happens in Seattle.  His personality does not fit with what the Bills are trying to do.  They have completely purged themselves of the "me first" attitudes and wanna be divas.  To boot, they signed Vontae Davis to be the #2 across from White.  To boot, he's going to be asking for serious $$.  I'll bet that if he does leave Seattle that he gets something in the range of $40m guaranteed with $14-15m/year on a 5 year deal.  Just nope.

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

11million? No thanks. If he is released and wants to come to Buffalo than ok but on a new and cheaper contract. 

They're meaning Seattle would gain 11 million in cap space by getting rid of him. Not talking about what to sign him for. 

15 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Yup.  The 9ers should also be the favorites to land Allen Robinson.  Pair he and Jimmy together for years to come.

I'm hopeful for Buffalo's future, but also jealous of SF's situation. 

I actually think Sammy Watkins is more likely to be in SF than Robinson.  While I suspect Robinson will have a strong market too, he wasn't playing at a real high level before the injury really.  Drops too many passes and very low catch percentage on targets.  Watkins I think will be seen as the more talented player in just about every measurable way and is coming off a healthy season proving the foot issue to be a thing of the past.  Allen on the other hand coming off both a somewhat disappointing performance and also a bad injury.  

I think Allen's more likely landing spots are Jets or Chicago personally.  But you never know, heck 49ers could sign both actually and could use both Sammy and Robinson as they really need WR help for their shiny new toy Jimmy G.  

But if I had wager right now, I would pencil Sammy and Sherman in SF, and Robinson in Chicago.  

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Raiders need a CB desperately 

Yeah, they are another team of interest.  Between Gruden there to take the Offense to a new level, some talent already on D and a good draft pick this year, it could make for a good fit.  Not to mention he first the attitude of Raider legacy.  

Still think SF is the team he ends up on, but Raiders certainly should be in the conversation too as a possible landing spot.

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 minutes ago, Chris from Rochester said:

I always thought he was a real POS, that shot on Carpenter was real dirty and would want nothing to do with him on this team.  Wouldn't have wanted him when he was elite, definitely not now that he is even older

I actually thought that was a smart winning play.  Refs fault for not blowing the whistle when he had un-impeded path.  If he stopped, he would've given Carpenter a free attempt.  

23 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

That was my immediate thought too.

I think he'd have to be willing to take a team-friendly deal, since I'm pretty confident that they're going to try to re-sign Solder and Burkhead, and they only have $19M in cap space

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

His play was fine until the Achilles tear...

Now?

Who knows?

"Fine" isn't what you're looking for at 13 million especially when coming off and injury with no plans to pay him the crazy amount he's going to want after next season.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I think he'd have to be willing to take a team-friendly deal, since I'm pretty confident that they're going to try to re-sign Solder and Burkhead, and they only have $19M in cap space

Up in the air on Solder returning, local media saying the Pats have had talks with the Skins and Bears about Cooks. Looking for a 2nd. 

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

How much would he be asking for in free agency is the question

He may never be the same coming off Achilles injury. With that injury likely slowing him down he would become a crazed man on the field as he can not keep up anymore. He also would then lead the league in PI/holding if he played in Buffalo as Bills do not get preferential treatment from officials on those calls like Seahawks have received for years. AFC East refs are conditioned to call it for Pats year in and year out. Not like Seahawks D that got away with muggings for years when they all did it up there.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Wrong kind of corner for New England 

Why?

All they need is a decent corner to give them 4 good games a year like Gilmore did.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Up in the air on Solder returning, local media saying the Pats have had talks with the Skins and Bears about Cooks. Looking for a 2nd. 

Surprised to see them want to move Cooks... Wonder why that didn't work out. 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Surprised to see them want to move Cooks... Wonder why that didn't work out. 

Probably looking for some flexibility. Gronk is still holding their feet to the fire, Solder is a guy they have to pay for one last run with Brady. They are in a tough spot. 

The majority of the reporters think this is Belichick's last year so it will be interesting how they approach the now vs. their future.

3 minutes ago, cba fan said:

All they need is a decent corner to give them 4 good games a year like Gilmore did.

I realize that most of this board hates Gilmore for going to the Pats (which is fine, screw him), but the above is simply wrong.

https://nesn.com/2018/02/now-we-know-why-patriots-valued-stephon-gilmore-over-malcolm-butler/

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/19/pff-patriots-able-to-get-more-out-of-stephon-gilmore-than-bills/

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, cba fan said:

He may never be the same coming off Achilles injury. With that injury likely slowing him down he would become a crazed man on the field as he can not keep up anymore. He also would then lead the league in PI/holding if he played in Buffalo as Bills do not get preferential treatment from officials on those calls like Seahawks have received for years. AFC East refs are conditioned to call it for Pats year in and year out. Not like Seahawks D that got away with muggings for years when they all did it up there.

Why?

They like to spend on corners that are strong press man guys.... revis, talib and now gilly.  beilchick  mans up on the 2, then brackets the 1 with a corner and safety.

Sherman has often been categorized as an instinctive ball hawking cover 3 zone DB, or made hay in that system anyway.  Doesn’t really like to move around the field from ‘his side’

I’m not sure he would thrive in New England’s scheme and scheme fit is critical with the sort of money he will command 

12 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I realize that most of this board hates Gilmore for going to the Pats (which is fine, screw him), but the above is simply wrong.

https://nesn.com/2018/02/now-we-know-why-patriots-valued-stephon-gilmore-over-malcolm-butler/

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/19/pff-patriots-able-to-get-more-out-of-stephon-gilmore-than-bills/

4 good games is an exaggeration....... but I will stand by he had more bad games then good games for Pats last year.

And of course he played better in NE than he did in Buffalo his last year here. Still not worth 65 mill. Too inconsistent.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lol - the guy they just gave up a 1st rd pick for? 

32nd pick if they got the bears 2nd that would be 40ish? Not sure.

They just cut Marty B. there is 6 million.

Dwayne Allen 5 million and McClellan 2.5 soon to be cut I would guess.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lol - the guy they just gave up a 1st rd pick for? 

We are going to need a thread to keep up with all this action. AB just restructured to free up some money for Pitt.

23 minutes ago, cba fan said:

4 good games is an exaggeration....... but I will stand by he had more bad games then good games for Pats last year.

And of course he played better in NE than he did in Buffalo his last year here. Still not worth 65 mill. Too inconsistent.

The numbers simply don't support that.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/12/6/16740258/patriots-defense-improvement

"Stephon Gilmore’s improvement in that stretch has been a major factor for the defense’s overall jump forward, too. During the team’s first four games, he surrendered nine catches on 13 targets for 151 yards, one touchdown, and one pick for a 101.8 passer rating against (74th). In his five games since (he missed weeks 6-8 with a concussion and ankle injury), he’s given up just 18 catches for 164 yards, one touchdown, and one pick for a 67.7 rating—15th best."

That means that after allowing 9 receptions on 13 targets for 151 yards and 1 TD for a 101.8 rating in his first 4 games, Gilmore went on to allow 39 receptions on 69 targets for 459 yards and 2 TDs for a passer rating of 77.2 in his final 9 games, including the playoffs.

He was actually really, really good after the first month of the season.

Edited by thebandit27

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Let me see if I understand...no one wants to use a 1st round pick to draft a CB because of other needs, but some want to sign a CB coming off an Achilles tear, who is soon to be on the wrong side of 30, and if he hits the open market, will be looking for $$$.  

And a guy that is a dickhead.

I had heard whispers that the Patriots and Seahawks were talking about a Sherman trade a few weeks ago; curious to see if it turns out to be true. One of the deals they supposedly discussed was simply swapping Sherman for Gronk but I have a hard time believing that's what will actually happen.

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I had heard whispers that the Patriots and Seahawks were talking about a Sherman trade a few weeks ago; curious to see if it turns out to be true. One of the deals they supposedly discussed was simply swapping Sherman for Gronk but I have a hard time believing that's what will actually happen.

I think Gronk becomes a clown in the WWE before that happens.