Richard Sherman - 3ry deal with 49ers

23 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

Sherman is a HOF CB, but at 30 years old and coming off an Achilles injury, no way I would want him with the Buffalo Bills.

Plus I am not sure Sherman would fit into the Buffalo culture all that well.

Thats debatable at this point.  He hasnt had a long enough stretch of excellence to merit HOF.   

I live in the Pacific Northwest, and I've been watching this guy for years. You can say he's cancerous, and you can dislike him, but he is an incredible cornerback. I don't know what he has left in the tank, or how his recovery is going, but if he is anywhere near 100%, he is a top-five cb.

• Like (+1) 2

If he can recover from his injury he would be a massive upgrade for the secondary.  He is outspoken but he is also incredibly smart.  I think he would give Buffalo a bit of swagger they have not had in years.  McDermott saw what a good big corner could do for a defense when he had Norman.  I would be in favor of the move and fits the scheme Buffalo plays.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

If you want to sign him, you better do it in Madden, because that's the only way Richard Sherman will EVER end up playing for the Bills.

Who cares?  His best years are gone.

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who cares?  His best years are gone.

CB with an achilles tear and surgery on the other is gonna be a bit tough for him to keep playing at the level he was at; not to mention he is getting older

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That means "we don't think you are worth your contract after the injury, so feel free to look around, but we won't be paying you much if you wanna stay"

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Get him.     Need another process trusting reinforcement.  

I'm down with him, if the price is right.

That's a serious secondary with white, Hyde, poyer, vontae, Sherman

Just now, prissythecat said:

If we can put them on the number 1 receiver sure and have Sherman on the number 2 sure :P

I think we'd probably see Tre play on one side and Sherman on the other; I'm sure there would be times that you'd see match-ups played, but probably most often a strict right vs. left setup

8 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

One of the dirtiest players ever, that cheap shot on Carp will never be forgotten.  I'll take a pass.

Yeah, I had forgotten about that too. He's the kind of player that you hate when he's on another team, and loves on yours.

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

What if he has Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer?

:thumbsup:

That said, I don't know if he's the right fit. We traded Darby because we allegedly didn't need a great man corner. I honestly don't know the money he is looking for. I'm not ranking him coming here is a high likelihood, but I said that same thing about Vontae. If we get him, our secondary would be legit.

Seems like a way of saving face among there fan base.  it is obvious to me that they are going to start putting money into the offense and rebuild the defense through the draft.  He wants to be paid like he was and I expect a team will do that on a short term deal.  If I am Buffalo I would go hard at him.  2 year deal 23 mil around there.  He would give Buffalo the best secondary in football.  White and Sherman with davis in the slot with poyer and Hyde at Saftey.  Sign a Dt and draft a QB and linebaker and Buffalo is in business.  I dont expect Sherman to sign here but we would fit his play style and he could do what he always has done here.  That is how you go after Brady and NE get dudes who can cover and make plays.  

Edited by Mat68

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
27 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

image.thumb.png.72b9cde962028f1d7892573e1a1a2de5.png

Josina Anderson Retweeted Richard Sherman

Richard Sherman tells me he will be back running on the treadmill next week!

I'm not saying Sherman isn't still a great corner, but why not go back to 2014 or 2015?  Seems to me going all the way back to 2011 isn't a real good indicator of how effective he still is in 2018.

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

I doubt Beane/McD are even considering him.

Why?  Because he made a persona that got him paid?  He is an incredibly smart guy and I would like the bravado and pedigree he would bring.  Behind closed door and away from cameras he is most likely a better guy and teammate than what appears on ESPN.  Buffalo doesn't have a ton of space but would could easily afford Sherman on a 2 year deal for around the money they offered Gilmore.  If it works out the way everyone would want he would be able to cash in one more time if healthy in 2 years.

29 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He'll be a Patriot, I believe. 

Not if baby Brady has anything to say about that.......they dont like each other one bit.....remember that incident few years ago....

On 3/7/2018 at 10:56 AM, Dkollidas said:

Yea I don’t even want them to delve into the box that is Richard Sherman. Too high maintenance, too old, too injured, too expensive. Those are 4 HUGE no’s. I assume Beane & McDermott feel similarly so I’m not worried. 

Other than Kyle, the process does not include old players.

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Other than Kyle, the process does not include old players.

:huh: says Lorenzo Alexander.

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Ha! 

lol (j/k) 

Ha nothing! PFT repeated what the Seattle Times reported. :D

• Haha (+1) 1