Gronk contemplating retirement - to pursue acting career per report

Reed83HOF

48 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I figured that would get comments but dude has to be slightly aware of the fact that he’s breaking down.

He’s got to be a 7.2 forty at this point, held together by duct tape and coming off a head injury 

Jokes (and serious comments) about him being a caveman aside— I could see him being a guy that gets that there’s something beyond football

Based on his comments I think there is no doubt he is seriously considering retirement.

Whether or not he will retire, who knows!  Maybe Gronk doesn't even know himself, at least yet.

55 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's hard to know with Gronk. Like, say, after he gets his bell rung and you have to ask him questions about whether he has a concussion, how could you tell?

When he can't remember where the afterparty is.

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Florio commented on that after the game, stating that Gronk has always lived off endorsement money and he has saved all salary income.

Which is a weird thing to say unless it is true.  I was wondering how that bit of information is floating around.  Maybe Gronk mentioned this in some interview somewhere?

Media has reported this about Gronk and Marshaw Lynch multiple times.

They may not come off as the smartest guys in the world but that is genius management of money by any standard even if it is not "100%" accurate.

Edited by cba fan

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

Stop with this. We all know that he has to finish his PhD thesis in both quantum and particle physics first. He has some amazing things to add to our current understanding of string theory.

In Gronk's world, string theory means playing around with a loose thread on your game jersey while not knowing how you can get rid of it.  Thus creating multiple theories on how to solve the problem, like:

1) Burn it with fire

2) Smash it with a big rock

3) Hide the jersey and say it was lost

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Based on his comments I think there is no doubt he is seriously considering retirement.

based on his comments he is looking for attention other than he deliberately injured another player.

Just now, Fadingpain said:

In Gronk's world, string theory means playing around with a loose thread on your game jersey while not knowing how you can get rid of it.  Thus creating multiple theories on how to solve the problem, like:

1) Burn it with fire

2) Smash it with a big rock

3) Hide the jersey and say it was lost

Sell it and claim it was stolen.

8 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Florio commented on that after the game, stating that Gronk has always lived off endorsement money and he has saved all salary income.

Which is a weird thing to say unless it is true.  I was wondering how that bit of information is floating around.  Maybe Gronk mentioned this in some interview somewhere?

I've heard guys at work say he lived off his endorsement money.

Must have been out there.

1 hour ago, Manther said:

I hope they all leave or retire.  BB, TB, Gronk, and on and on.  Mass exodus please!!

Fire Sale at patriots Way..... McDaniel, Matty P, Gronk, BB, Butler....let’s see how TB and BK do on their own

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

he's too stupid to retire. me gonk...me need more green paper...

Gronk, like Marshawn Lynch, has reportedly saved every single penny he's earned from his contracts.

He lives on his endorsement money.

He may look, talk and act like a caveman, but he's not a total fool.

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Did you see his eyes in the closeups? He's almost cross-eyed. 

He was in the "zone" ;) 

I hope he retires  and  takes Brady and Belly along to the big pasture where all the goats belong ;) 

8 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Retire and do what. Please

Supposedly, he hasn't spent any of the money he earned on his contract and just lives off of his endorsement deals. He has been really pushing a lot of product in the last year

8 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

WWE as noted and I thought I saw a standup comedy show with Gronk in the title 

Unsportsmanlike Comedy with Rob Gronkowski | SHOWTIME

8 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

The AFC East is coming home to Buffalo from now on. Tonight ended an era, I can feel it. 

Brady said he's not retiring 

Brady reiterates he'll stay,

I like Gronk minus the hit on TW.  He has taken some big hits and has had some painful back problems.  I can certainly understand getting out while he has the opportunity to lead a less painful retirement.   I am sure he will have opportunities to make a good living after football.  Being able to have your health and be able to enjoy your life without additional pain has to be something he should seriously consider.

I think I remember hearing that his father is a big influence in steering Gronk's financial decisions.   Good for Gronk...smart.

Shocked to hear Marshawn Lynch did the same - I would have expected him to be a more thuggish MC Hammer.

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Gronk has had a lot of pretty serious injuries as well as back issues pretty much his entire career.

Maybe he just doesn't want to be practically crippled when he's 50

This is all very true. I’m just hesitant to read too deeply into Gronk’s words from last night. It was an emotional loss, and who knows what was going through his mind when he made those remarks. 

12 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe 4m4 minutes ago

Gronk said he’ll weigh his future in the coming weeks. Wouldn’t fully commit to returning.

29 replies 90 retweets 86 likes

Maybe he knows a bunch of changes are about to happen?

12 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Party and bang new hot chicks every night? Oh wait...he already does that...nevermind

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Maybe he knows a bunch of changes are about to happen?

That is what I am hoping for!!!

10 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

It must be really concerning to him that he may someday lose all of his mental capacities. 

I can't touch this one....nope can't do it

2 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

This is all very true. I’m just hesitant to read too deeply into Gronk’s words from last night. It was an emotional loss, and who knows what was going through his mind when he made those remarks. 

Some reporter brought it up to him that there was a rumor he was considering retirement and he said something like "I don't know how you know that" and went on to say that he was considering it...

To me that adds smoke to the fire. Someone knew enough to ask the question and Gronk (to me anyway) seemed surprised by it.

I’m going to butcher this, but on Golic and Wingo they said he was asked about conversations about his retirement and he responded “how did you hear about that?” Not “what are you talking about?”  Interesting. He’s at least talking about it before the game. 

10 hours ago, Clemfield2622 said:

Gronk, like Marshawn Lynch, has reportedly saved every single penny he's earned from his contracts.

He lives on his endorsement money.

He may look, talk and act like a caveman, but he's not a total fool.

I think it's his dad that steered him when it comes to finances.

12 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Guys like Patricia and McDaniels get way, way, way too much credit. Belichick runs every bit of that team. The reason they are so good are Belichick, Brady, Belichick's game plans on defense and offense, Belichick's roster wrangling, and Belichick's in game adjustments, then the corrdinators and rest of the players.

Let's not forget Belichick's ability to work a camera.

All that aside, what you say is absolutely true. Name me one former member of the Patriots* coaching staff who has gone on to prosper and have an illustrious career in the NFL?

When you lose the ability to cheat, you can no longer win.

12 hours ago, Don't stop billievein said:

I have friends who are close with him and his family. I know most of his family wants him to retire because of the back problems he’s had. Now that he has had a head injury I’m assuming that could make him reevaluate what he wants. 

It was his second "Grade I" concussion, wasn't it?

12 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I figured that would get comments but dude has to be slightly aware of the fact that he’s breaking down.

He’s got to be a 7.2 forty at this point, held together by duct tape and coming off a head injury

Jokes (and serious comments) about him being a caveman aside— I could see him being a guy that gets that there’s something beyond football

He's a guy that loves to play football, but he also apparently loves to have a good time.  He's had a family and a strong financial plan all through his career - one article said he hasn't spent a penny of his earnings, but has invested it all and lives off appearance fees.

I think his family is the brains behind him, and may well want him to go out on the top of his game, while he can still walk and talk (kind of)

12 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Stop with this. We all know that he has to finish his PhD thesis in both quantum and particle physics first. He has some amazing things to add to our current understanding of string theory.

Must've missed his take on the string theory, but his shoelace theory is wild