Chiefs trade Alex Smith to washington

Castellar

11 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Today is a great day...and I want to thank the Bills organization and by extension the fans for helping to bring it all about with that trade last season.  

From a KC perspective....We have a very ready Mahomes, and we get out from under Smith, get cap space, a thrid round pick AND...this is the important part....Fuller, a corner who would absolutely go in the first round of this years draft, under his PALTRY rookie contract for two more years.  That is BETTER than actually getting a first round pick....you know he isn't a bust already and he's pennies on the dollar cheap for a high end corner that would cost MILLIONS on the open market.  ....I am going to use a very tasteless term to describe what happend today....but KC plunger raped the Redskins.

It would seem at least the Redskins have looked at this QB class and said "no thanks"   The Browns made the phone call to KC...that doesn't mean they weren't going to draft a guy, but it tells you that whoever they are going to take, they don't think will start day 1.  That isn't usually the case when you invest the 1/1 in a QB.  

The Bills are going to go through the Kirk Cousins bidding war, and trying to convert the 21st and 22nd overall pics, OR going with Tyrod and Peterman, OR signing someone like Bradford when all you had to do was use the 10th overall pick you had last year and avoid all this uncertainty.  You had Mahomes and Watson right there, under the tree with shiny wrapping paper and nice big bow...and you punted.

Slow down, you just traded the qb that led the league in passing efficiency. A veteran who is playing the best football of his career, and will now start a qb who has one start in a meaningless game and posted 0tds, 1 int. and a 76. qb rating. A lot of hype, but put your Super Bowl plans on hold. He hasnt proven anything yet.

4 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Slow down, you just traded the qb that led the league in passing efficiency. A veteran who is playing the best football of his career, and will now start a qb who has one start in a meaningless game and posted 0tds, 1 int. and a 76. qb rating. A lot of hype, but put your Super Bowl plans on hold. He hasnt proven anything yet.

Bigger question: wtf is a chefs fan doing here?

i smell a jeffismagic trollololololol moment

Lol also what are all of you doing up at 1am?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Bigger question: wtf is a chefs fan doing here?

i smell a jeffismagic trollololololol moment

I joined to keep track of Bills fans attitude toward the trade and Mahomes over time.....Thanks for having me.  I also joined a Browns group for the same reasons (Dorsey there, they passed on every one last draft)  This group here is a WAY WAY more inteligent and thoughtful group than the guys on the Cleveland boards, and franly, the KC boards I am on...lots of frustrating Madden players who don't understand the cap or real football....I hope you'll see fit to let me stick around....even as I will poke you for Mahomes here and there.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I think Denver and Arizona have the most realistic chances of landing Cousins with Denver being the front runner, Elway always seems to lure the big fish.

The team that seems to be a qb away from a Super Bowl is Jax imo. No idea if they are interested or have the cap but I think they have the rest of the parts.

Cousins would be a fool to go to the Jets or the Browns. QB's go to those places to die.

I guess similar could be said about the Bills, but it looks like things are pointing up for us.

3 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

I joined to keep track of Bills fans attitude toward the trade and Mahomes over time.....Thanks for having me.  I also joined a Browns group for the same reasons (Dorsey there, they passed on every one last draft)  This group here is a WAY WAY more inteligent and thoughtful group than the guys on the Cleveland boards, and franly, the KC boards I am on...lots of frustrating Madden players who don't understand the cap or real football....I hope you'll see fit to let me stick around....even as I will poke you for Mahomes here and there.

Your team absolutely hosed the Redskins with that trade.  How does Alex Smith make that kind of money in his mid 30's.  How?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Let's wait and see if Mahomes is actually good or not. Everyone talks him up like he is already a Franchise QB, but he has only played in one meaningless game so far. Time will tell.

We did get a great rookie in Tre White from the trade down. If the Bills use KC's first rounder to move up and get a QB, I hope Mahomes and whoever we take turn out to be great QB's. It would be a rare instance where both franchises look great for making a trade. Win-win. Both get their QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Incredible... 4 years for $94 million with $71 million in guarantees.

McDermott said he values a vet QB on the roster. Much to the chagrin of MANY on this board, Taylor might be around another year as that guy. The price of every other capable vet QB just went up.

At this point we might sign Josh McCown and draft a quarterback.  There'd pry be riots on the street, but he did fairly well considering the Jets talent on the offensiveness of the ball.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Let's wait and see if Mahomes is actually good or not. Everyone talks him up like he is already a Franchise QB, but he has only played in one meaningless game so far. Time will tell.

We did get a great rookie in Tre White from the trade down. If the Bills use KC's first rounder to move up and get a QB, I hope Mahomes and whoever we take turn out to be great QB's. It would be a rare instance where both franchises look great for making a trade. Win-win. Both get their QB.

I'm totally rooting for you guys to get your QB.  I was actually at the wide right super bowl rooting for the Bills.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Right!

I wouldn't gloat too much at this point because Mahomes may end up as another Jay Cutler. We will see this season and should he fail you have Tyler Bray.

This new coaching staff wanted to see what they had in Tyrod Taylor and clearly, they didn't trust Whaley or his scouts with their past QB evaluations. Kinda why they are no longer with the team. 

29 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

So what Hindsight on Watson is 20/20 and what exactly has he done anyways? 

Talk about Watson when he does something. Who was in the playoffs this year? Tyrod Taylor. So Watson who ?

Ok let's be fair here not to mention realistic. You're actually gonna say the Bills still would have made the playoffs had Watson's season not been cut short? Houston would have taken that division and Tennessee would have had the wild card. Watson was playing every bit as good as any QB at the time he got hurt 

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

At this point we might sign Josh McCown and draft a quarterback.  There'd pry be riots on the street, but he did fairly well considering the Jets talent on the offensiveness of the ball.

I think this was another domino to fall towards Tyrod still being a Buffalo Bill for one more year as we draft our long term answer in the first.

I have no problem if he's not, though... hopefully it's because we have Darnold or Mayfield 

... or Luck :flirt:

26 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Ok let's be fair here not to mention realistic. You're actually gonna say the Bills still would have made the playoffs had Watson's season not been cut short? Houston would have taken that division and Tennessee would have had the wild card. Watson was playing every bit as good as any QB at the time he got hurt 

Tenn beat the Texans twice without Watson. So if the Texans win that div then Tenn probably loses at least one of those games and does not make it.

34 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think this was another domino to fall towards Tyrod still being a Buffalo Bill for one more year as we draft our long term answer in the first.

I have no problem if he's not, though... hopefully it's because we have Darnold or Mayfield

... or Luck :flirt:

You can forget about Luck. He is the reason McDaniel is going to the Colts; a quality quarterback in place to build on. Luck isn't going anywhere.

55 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Incredible... 4 years for $94 million with $71 million in guarantees.

McDermott said he values a vet QB on the roster. Much to the chagrin of MANY on this board, Taylor might be around another year as that guy. The price of every other capable vet QB just went up.

The price of QBs goes up every year. There were people a week agon thinking Cousins might only get $22-23m then a 33 year old Alex Smith who two teams have moved on from gets that.... Cousins is going to get paid seriously big. 

None of that is an excuse not to move on from Tyrod though. 

5 hours ago, HansLanda said:

Wow. Wonder what they got. And what value does that put on Tyrod? 

1.0000 Tyrods.

43 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The price of QBs goes up every year. There were people a week agon thinking Cousins might only get $22-23m then a 33 year old Alex Smith who two teams have moved on from gets that.... Cousins is going to get paid seriously big. 

None of that is an excuse not to move on from Tyrod though. 

This.

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

Tenn beat the Texans twice without Watson. So if the Texans win that div then Tenn probably loses at least one of those games and does not make it.

Twice without Watson?!?! Did you not see the 50 burger he put up on Tennessee? He didn't play the Titans the second time because of his knee injury

6 hours ago, Schmuggs said:

Leroi was talking about this the other day. Our new QB will be a much bigger upgrade than Smith. No worries. 

Leroi s Draft board coming out next week!!  

I look forward to that if true.  Last year he seemed to be very accurate.  Do you know him outside of this forum?

30 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Twice without Watson?!?! Did you not see the 50 burger he put up on Tennessee? He didn't play the Titans the second time because of his knee injury

You are right, sorry. If they had lost the 2nd game to them they still would not have made the playoffs though.

Beane must have a plan not making a better offer to KC for Alex. Cousins must be asking too much . 

I would have never traded Kendall. He can play inside & outside, he's high character, young & a football player https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/958549939398815744 

Edited by ALF
added info

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

You are right, sorry. If they had lost the 2nd game to them they still would not have made the playoffs though.

True but with how Watson was playing, I'm sure Tennessee would have been blown out at home. I do not look forward to playing Houston next year, especially if JJ Watt is healthy 

51 minutes ago, ALF said:

Beane must have a plan not making a better offer to KC for Alex. Cousins must be asking too much . 

I would have never traded Kendall. He can play inside & outside, he's high character, young & a football player https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/958549939398815744 

Scott Mccloughan doesn't think team should have trade a guy he drafted? Shock.  

51 minutes ago, ALF said:

....was the Smith tariff too tall for Beane to pull the trigger?......that would certainly preclude any Cousins deal....OR.......is Cousins his target which will cost more?.........OR....was the Smith extension a longer window than Beane wants, preferring a shorter vet bridge to groom his 1st round QB pick and the Peterman kid?....plenty of unanswered questions.....

1 hour ago, ALF said:

So the former GM of the skins likes a guy he drafted?

Crazy.

So the former GM of the skins criticizing the team that fired him?

Crazy.

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Scott Mccloughan doesn't think team should have trade a guy he drafted? Shock.  

I know, right??

39 minutes ago, jtrip said:

Tyler Steege @TSteegeNFL

Kirk Cousins: 29

Alex Smith: 33

4,000 yard seasons:

Kirk Cousins: 3

Alex Smith: 1 Total

TD passes last 3 seasons:

Kirk Cousins: 81

Alex Smith: 61

The #Redskins just traded FOR an older QB who isn’t even as good as their current QB.

I'm totally good with Beane not going in for Smith ... $70 Mil for above plus remember the year he didn't throw a TD to WR's a few years ago. 

Daniel Snyder's team continues to strive for mediocre ... I'll trust the process.  RG III's tweet was priceless ... that they'll find a way to blame him.

Bradford maybe on the radar now .. given his injury history .. maybe he'll be cheaper.

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Cousins would be a fool to go to the Jets or the Browns. QB's go to those places to die.

I guess similar could be said about the Bills, but it looks like things are pointing up for us.

Cousins stated he wanted to go to a team and have a chance to win.    Of the teams looking only 3 fit that category.  

Buffalo, Jax and Denver (if their defense can hold)  

48 minutes ago, jtrip said:

Tyler Steege @TSteegeNFL

Kirk Cousins: 29

Alex Smith: 33

4,000 yard seasons:

Kirk Cousins: 3

Alex Smith: 1 Total

TD passes last 3 seasons:

Kirk Cousins: 81

Alex Smith: 61

The #Redskins just traded FOR an older QB who isn’t even as good as their current QB.

In what way? Alex Smith wins games during the regular season, Cousins doesn't.  4,000 yard passing seasons dont get you the playoffs, wins do.

Yes I realize a QB cant do it by himself but it is the position with the highest influence on them.

Edited by matter2003