Chiefs trade Alex Smith to washington

Castellar

Just now, Domdab99 said:

So you're saying he made the playoffs once in 3 years. Just like Tyrod. So how much of an upgrade will he really be? And then the real questions is - for how much?

What's your alternative?  Are you willing to give up the farm to move up and get your rookie QB?

Just now, Domdab99 said:

So you're saying he made the playoffs once in 3 years. Just like Tyrod. So how much of an upgrade will he really be? And then the real questions is - for how much?

An enormous one. And who cares how much? 

It’s a chance to get a legit top 10 QB. They’re always going to be expensive in FA. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

And when gas college ball won in the NFL?

Not sure.

I meant an offense like Tennessee. They have a huge portion of their playbook designed after concepts Mariota ran at Oregon. Get us back to more zone read concepts, big reason we were the best run team in the league for 2 years. 

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

71 M guarantees. For Alex Smith

Hmmm now are people seeing why the right move is to draft a QB. Cousins gonna get close too 100M in Guarantees 

Yep.......pay Tyrod's bonus.......retaining him for relative peanuts versus the cost of cutting him..........and trade up for your franchise QB.

Problem solved.

Good to see you've come around.:devil:

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

The Bills made the playoffs with Tyrod Taylor and not much of a supporting cast. What has Cousins done to make his team better?

Yes we play in the AFC and were extremely lucky to get the wildcard spot in a fluke year. I'm as happy as anyone we made it but let's be real. The quickest way to push us to the next level is signing Cousins. He had objectively the harder schedule (according to DVOA Washington's offense faced the 8th hardest schedule while Buffalo's offense faced the easiest schedule), an objectively worse running game, arguably a worse offensive line, and about equal receiver talent. But only lost 2 less games. Cousins had a worse off situation in every conceivable way.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Smith is now 3rd in QB compensation after Stafford and Luck.

I don't think Cousins will go to the highest bidder. He'll go where he thinks he can win and get a long term deal.

Brees and Carr make more per year.

Smith is 5th on Spotrac.

44 minutes ago, Schmuggs said:

Beane was busy drinking scotch and f-ing. He had no interest. 

Sounds like a lot better evening than giving up assets to the Chefs and then paying 94 mill for the opportunity to have Alex Smith be your starting qb until he’s 39.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I really felt like trading for Alex Smith was out best chance at a QB upgrade for next season. I'd have been perfectly fine giving up a 3rd for him, and a player

Me too but after hearing about the crazy extension I'm happy we didn't trade for him. I don't want to tie our future to Alex Smith based on one outlier year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

The Bills made the playoffs with Tyrod Taylor and not much of a supporting cast. What has Cousins done to make his team better?

Seriously? The Bills have had one of the very best running backs and run games the last few years. This year's defense was very opportunistic with a +9 turnover differential. 

The team around Cousins was crappy on offense and defense. Plus he lost his OC in Sean McVay to the Rams and was replaced by that legend of a backup QB in Matt Cavanaugh.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

What's your alternative?  Are you willing to give up the farm to move up and get your rookie QB?

lol I don't know. If they really like a certain QB, they should go get him. Don't think they have to go crazy to do it, either. 

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

An enormous one. And who cares how much? 

It’s a chance to get a legit top 10 QB. They’re always going to be expensive in FA. 

Cousins is MAYBE a top ten QB. Sometimes. He's top 15, I'll give you that. 

• Like (+1) 1