Chiefs trade Alex Smith to washington

Castellar

3 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Oh, I have. I think he's a decent QB. Just not worth what the market is going to be for him.

Id rather keep Tyrod and trade up for the QB they want...fill out the OL, DL, etc. 

So you don’t want Cousins at all and you DO want to keep Taylor and his $18M cap hit? Ok then.

3 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I wouldn't be upset with this at all. Probably gonna happen now that Smith is a Redskin for a ton of cash

Yeah it might be the best way to proceed...........I just have a feeling McD wants him gone like "I'll gladly take Kevin Kolb over Ryan Fitzpatrick" wants-him-kinda-gone.

But maybe the outrageous Alex Smith contract will change his mind.

Put Tyrod and Shady in the RPO and return to an inside zone run-attack again and just give them a legit deep threat for the X or Z........return all 5 starters on the OL from group that put up the greatest single game offensive production in franchise history in the home finale of 2016..........yeah they could score points and a guy like Sam Darnold would be helped transitioning to the NFL with an offense like that.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I’m bitter as hell. This one is going to work out though, I can feel it. #teamhaskins

I've been saying the same thing with every next great hope of a QB to pass through ND. #InBookWeTrust

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Well It Would save us all that draft capitol to move up for a QB and we could put weapons around him instead.

And draft another QB down the road if he doesn't own out.

Well, down the road would be 4 years and possibly 2 GMs from now if it doesn’t work out. You miss on that and you are stuck long term. With Tyrod s dead money you are looking at like 140m over 5 years to the starting qb position with over 100 (90something plus the Tyrod dead money)  “guaranteed”

the more I let the numbers settle the more I feel ok about Tyrod (essentially the lowest paid starter not on a rookie deal) and a prospect like mayfield. 

Just now, NoSaint said:

Well, down the road would be 4 years and possibly 2 GMs from now if it doesn’t work out. You miss on that and you are stuck long term. With Tyrod s dead money you are looking at like 140m over 5 years to the starting qb position with over 100 (90something plus the Tyrod dead money)  “guaranteed”

the more I let the numbers settle the more I feel ok about Tyrod (essentially the lowest paid starter not on a rookie deal) and a prospect like mayfield. 

IMO this is the worst option. Too passive.

Just now, NoSaint said:

I want Mayfield too but can we get him??

1 hour ago, HansLanda said:

Wow. Wonder what they got. And what value does that put on Tyrod? 

Third and a player to be named later per story.

Low - maybe a 5th?  6th?  Smith is coming off a 4000 yard, 26 TD season.

I could be wrong but if the Redskins think Smith ~= Cousins, I think they'll be unpleasantly surprised.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong but if the Redskins think Smith ~= Cousins, I think they'll be unpleasantly surprised.

I personally don't think there's too much of a difference between them.

For the differences in their contracts, I would take Smith over Cousins. I have Cousins around 13th best QB and Smith around 14-15.

The one thing Cousins has going for him Is he is much younger though

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Chiefs acquired CB Kendall Fuller and a 2018 third-round pick from the Redskins in exchange for QB Alex Smith.

A 2016 third-round, Fuller struggled as a rookie off a 2015 knee injury. But this past season, as the Redskins' No. 1 slot corner, Fuller appeared in all 16 games and graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 5 cover corner out of 121 qualifiers. The Chiefs really struggled on the back end of the defense in 2017, so Fuller will be a welcomed addition and should slide right into slot duties in K.C.

I agree with that last sentence.