Chiefs trade Alex Smith to washington

Castellar

10 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Ok. Solid rebuttal.

You tell people to do homework and respond with that.

He's not top 5. Not even close.

Last time I repost this comment:

Over the last 3 years (Cousins became starter in 2015), here are his NFL ranks among qualified active starters:

3rd in comp%

4th in yards

8th in TDs

6th in rating (if you like qb rating, because if you don't...)

Solidly top 10 in Y/A (actually 4th)

5th in ANY/A (my personal favorite)...which takes into account the amount of sacks he takes (it's a lot) due to what IMO is a bad Washington line.

also 7th, 3rd, and 16th (a down year in 2017 for sure) by DYAR. 

That's a top 5 QB all day. 

*EDIT for Y/A

Edited by GoBills808
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

I was very much in favor of trading for Smith but after seeing that contract no way

Jay Gruden and that d*ckhead Bruce Allen are operating on a whole other level of genius right now. :thumbsup:

Just now, billsfan11 said:

I personally don't think there's too much of a difference between them.

For the differences in their contracts, I would take Smith over Cousins. I have Cousins around 13th best QB and Smith around 14-15.

The one thing Cousins has going for him Is he is much younger though

I think Cousins is the better QB as Smith is like Taylor in that he doesn't drive the ball down the field as much as he should. JMO though. 

59 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's not like you can just drop Cousins on the 2017 Bills without losing other players with the Cap being a real thing. 

Yeah we would probably have to lose Tyrods 19 million contract or darn :-p I'd give Cousins whatever he wants and never look back.We have the draft picks to build around him...............Go Bills in 2018!!!

Just now, Nihilarian said:

I think Cousins is the better QB as Smith is like Taylor in that he doesn't drive the ball down the field as much as he should. JMO though. 

If you want to say Cousins is better, fair enough, but I think they are very close.

But as I said earlier, I don't understand the comparison between him and TT.

I think Smith is light years ahead of Tyrod

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

If you want to say Cousins is better, fair enough, but I think they are very close.

I agree! I also think Smith has been in a better offensive scheme under Andy Reid with a better roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

They’re all so boring to me.  I don’t really understand the interest in Cousins.  The Redskins did not want him and I doubt their fans will mourn losing him.  A mediocre QB who will be paid like elite.

9 minutes ago, Process said:

I was very much in favor of trading for Smith but after seeing that contract no way

That contract is wack.  $23.5 million a year till age 38.  Not sure what the Redskins see in him over Cousins.  I can't imagine Cousins wanting more than $25 mil per year and he's 5 years younger.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Me neither, but the question always was "if Cousins doesn't play for the 'Skins next year, what they gonna do for a QB?"

Now we know.

Definitely 

Bills need to grab this situation by the cojones and get their guy in FA or the draft and not end up with their 5th option 

1 minute ago, Success said:

They’re all so boring to me.  I don’t really understand the interest in Cousins.  The Redskins did not want him and I doubt their fans will mourn losing him.  A mediocre QB who will be paid like elite.

If finishing in the Top 10 in all major QB stats is mediocre then I wish we had mediocre

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

Would you rather have Cousins or Roethlisberger?

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I agree. Although I wouldn't say he is mediocre, I would say above average. But definitely don't want him for the huge money

Edited by billsfan11

19 minutes ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

The Bills because we have Sean Mcdermott.......Trust The Process..............God I'D love #8 Cousins in a Bills uniform

Cousins may be the highest paid player in NFL history. I’d be cool with the player but after this Smith contract, I’m less interested in Cousins. 

I personally don't think there's too much of a difference between them.

For the differences in their contracts, I would take Smith over Cousins. I have Cousins around 13th best QB and Smith around 14-15.

The one thing Cousins has going for him Is he is much younger though

I think you have them too close.  But we'll see.

• Like (+1) 1