Chiefs trade Alex Smith to washington

Castellar

2 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

My mistake. How many winning seasons and playoff wins does Cousins have? And are you really trying to compare him to Drew Brees? 

No I'm not comparing them just making a point. Cousins has been Washington's full time starter for 3 years. A quarter of the time Brees has had. You can't look at his stats and his surrounding cast and tell me with a straight face he was the problem there.

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Some feel Brown's like Allen and with his Senior Bowl performance and if can follow up with a strong combine he could be the top pick at QB. Yet I like Rosen best.

Rosen doesn't want to go to the Browns.  I see Darnold as their best option after sitting for a while. 

2 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Cousins is going to get a monster contract. 

Redskins FO are morons to sign Smith for that much money in thinking he is better than Cousins.

For the love of god Cousins threw for almost five thousand yards in 2016 with McVay as OC and that was with the 21st ranked rushing offense. The Redskins lost McVay to the Rams and had the 27th ranked run game last year while they think its Cousins fault for not having a winning season. They had the 27th ranked defense too. 

I almost feel bad for Alex Smith until he backs that Brinks truck...

• Like (+1) 2

What would be really great would be Kyle Shanahan and Cousins agree to re-unite in SF and then trade Jimmy G to the Bills for those 2 first round picks(and some change if need be-_-).

Total hypothetical.........and Jimmy G and his agent would probably have a lot to say about where they go seeing that a team like Buffalo with mid-level cap space couldn't really afford to franchise him.........but we're kicking around ideas here.:flirt:

I predicted the Bills pursuing Bledsoe 6 months before they did..........I had a feeling that they'd pursue Mario Williams when nobody even considered it a possibility and I took such hate-heat from one guy that he quit the board when it came to fruition:lol:.......I've been able to envision some big-money-plays by the Bills........but all that being said.......I REALLY can't envision Cousins signing with the Bills.    I'd be shocked by it.  Just can't envision it.  

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Some feel Brown's like Allen and with his Senior Bowl performance and if can follow up with a strong combine he could be the top pick at QB. Yet I like Rosen best.

This would be the best offseason ever. Bills are prevented from signing Alex Smith long term, Cousins becomes a free agent, and the worst QB prospect gets taken off the board early. Even the Bills couldn't screw up an offseason like that.

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I'm as glad as the next guy that we made the playoffs and gave Jax all they could handle, at least defensively, on the road. That said, we made the playoffs in a fluke fashion. That's nothing to apologize for, but we are a very flawed team in key areas. Indeed, outside our secondary, OL, Shady, and perhaps TE if Clay is healthy, we need upgrades. Major ones at that. 

6 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I give this team/coaching staff tons of credit. It was an obvious rebuild year and we made the playoffs! We're going to be much more talented this year as well but McD consistently says they're building a team, not just a collection of talent.

We are less flawed then most think. I wouldn't be surprised if Tyrod is kept. He has to be used in a college type manner, I wanted Smith , don't think Cousins is a McD guy, hope I'm wrong. 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No I'm not comparing them just making a point. Cousins has been Washington's full time starter for 3 years. A quarter of the time Brees has had. You can't look at his stats and his surrounding cast and tell me with a straight face he was the problem there.

The Bills made the playoffs with Tyrod Taylor and not much of a supporting cast. What has Cousins done to make his team better?

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

I give this team/coaching staff tons of credit. It was an obvious rebuild year and we made the playoffs! We're going to be much more talented this year as well but McD consistently says they're building a team, not just a collection of talent.

We are less flawed then most think. I wouldn't be surprised if Tyrod is kept. He has to be used in a college type manner, I wanted Smith , don't think Cousins is a McD guy, hope I'm wrong. 

And when gas college ball won in the NFL?

To be totally honest, I am kind of bummed out.

I really felt like trading for Alex Smith was out best chance at a QB upgrade for next season. I'd have been perfectly fine giving up a 3rd for him, and a player (depending on who that player is, anyway). I'd have even been fine giving him $23.5M a year, although 5 years wouldn't have really interested me. 

I just hope that Beane is somehow able to upgrade the QB position for next season.

I don't really care how, or if it's a rookie or a vet. I just want a true upgrade. Ideally, that upgrade could also be a long term solution. But please, at least give me a good bridge QB! 

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

I don't think you are.

Cousins will command more money than the Bills want to spend on a QB. It's my thinking they will get a better bridge QB this year and draft a top rookie QB. 

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Won his division?

So you're saying he made the playoffs once in 3 years. Just like Tyrod. So how much of an upgrade will he really be? And then the real questions is - for how much?

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

I don't think you are.

Cousins will command more money than the Bills want to spend on a QB. It's my thinking they will get a better bridge QB this year and draft a top rookie QB. 

Who is this better bridge QB? I'm not a Tyrod fan but don't see many on landscape.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1